1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hulbuster's left and right yea?
I did do that correctly, still doesnt look like it goes "right in" all the way though.

From your pic I can see they're definitely not seated all the way; it takes significant pressure...scary pressure to mount them properly. HT should have used magnets.

From your pic I can see they're definitely not seated all the way; it takes significant pressure...scary pressure to mount them properly. HT should have used magnets.

Thanks, i got scared trying to put too much pressure on it. I'll give it another go.

Anyone else feels they must of not made a lot of money on this product? the box is telling in my view. What I mean is they finally finished the product, i imagine the box is like last on their minds. When they came to it and realised what they were charging and how much it cost, they just slapped the most basic of boxes together because it is just super super cheap box (not that I care). I am just saying people waiting around for an infinity war version of the HB probably need to keep in mind 1) might never see the light of day 2) probably will be > $1000.

I suspect they lost their shirts on this figure.

Messing with it in person is enough to tell you this is far more than a $900 figure or whatever the final cost was with shipping and all.

we dont know the day of tomorrow, we may change hobbies or need the money so keeping the boxes protect some of the figure value. On ebay you can see for 199 usd - RARE Sideshow Jessica Rabbit Premium Format BOX and Packaging ONLY. Because with the box someone with Jessica statue can make 300 or 400 more... Now, if you keep it sealed it will be worth even more :p Jokes apart just have in mind that you are trashing value if you get rid of boxes. Can friends or family keep the boxes if i dont have room? Is it worth renting some space in a storage? Can I sell the box only? Are questions one should be making himself before the sacrilege.

You know a lot of third worlders dropping $300 a pop on fancy dolls, do you?

Everything on this board is a first world problem. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Negative. In fact this whole forum is filled with #firstworldproblems. I enjoy it here, but the complaints are pretty funny most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0533A118-A189-40E2-8D6E-F2FFDBCB841F.jpg

E2C10943-6A18-4F50-8560-5CDF12EDB8D4.jpg

we dont know the day of tomorrow, we may change hobbies or need the money so keeping the boxes protect some of the figure value. On ebay you can see for 199 usd - RARE Sideshow Jessica Rabbit Premium Format BOX and Packaging ONLY. Because with the box someone with Jessica statue can make 300 or 400 more... Now, if you keep it sealed it will be worth even more :p Jokes apart just have in mind that you are trashing value if you get rid of boxes. Can friends or family keep the boxes if i dont have room? Is it worth renting some space in a storage? Can I sell the box only? Are questions one should be making himself before the sacrilege.

I used to keep all of the boxes, and I only recently started either trashing them, or breaking them down. I have 2 rooms that are floor to ceiling boxes and honestly, I don't plan on selling any of my figures so it's a waste to keep the plastic inserts. If the box has some display or design value, it's a different story. But if its just a boring picture on the front, like most star wars figures for example, that is going in the recycling bin.

So very sad , the led in the MK 43 bust died , I have had it on twice and only for a few seconds and now its dead :mad: .

I have taken it apart to test but its dead (ps I got it apart with out damaging it one bit ) , I am sure if I request a new one I will need to smash this one and might not get one for a long time :mad: . I will see if I can replace it my self in the mean time with a brighter one

Sorry to hear about the LED; mine haven't been tested and probably never will...seems like a lot of work for the payoff cause I would only remove them anyway.

I'm a new member and have been following this thread and numerous others.

Currently I have King Arts Hulkbuster + MK43. I have been heavily contemplating selling these both for around $600 and putting that towards Hot Toy's Hulkbuster. I know there is a waitlist at sideshow with $82.50 due at conversion + customs taxes (I'm in California, USA). Their page says this item should arrive Nov 2017 I'm guessing that is the second wave.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good or bad idea? Anyone have both and think one is better than the other? I know collecting is subjective and there really is no one better just more along the lines of what you like and want to collect.

Is this a good idea or am I crazy? Should I just be happy with what I have? Seeing all of the pictures and videos here plus Budget Starks vids dont help me at all.u

TAlk me in or out of it

Currently I have King Arts Hulkbuster + MK43. I have been heavily contemplating selling these both for around $600 and putting that towards Hot Toy's Hulkbuster. I know there is a waitlist at sideshow with $82.50 due at conversion + customs taxes (I'm in California, USA). Their page says this item should arrive Nov 2017 I'm guessing that is the second wave.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good or bad idea? Anyone have both and think one is better than the other? I know collecting is subjective and there really is no one better just more along the lines of what you like and want to collect.

Is this a good idea or am I crazy? Should I just be happy with what I have? Seeing all of the pictures and videos here plus Budget Starks vids dont help me at all.u

TAlk me in or out of it
You're crazy, King Arts did an impeccable job at recreating the Hulkbuster and even gone through great lengths to make add-ons for it. No need to sell it. Just buy the hot toys version separately,

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

TAlk me in or out of it

If you must have 1/6 over 1/9, then its time to sell...

If your collection is mostly 1/6 and/or you have some or all of the other armors then I'd recommend getting the HT version (however I don't collect 1/9). However you should jump on the WL ASAP. You will have the option of cancelling if you get the conversion notification. I don't know how many folks are currently on the waitlist, but it's probably growing every day. I hopped on the same day it sold out, so I'm hoping mine will convert. I'd been waiting for in-hand reviews because I was planning to use RPs for the purchase. And then all of a sudden it's sold out without so much as a low quantity alert. Right now folks are selling it on ebay for $1,200 - $1,400 although I expect those numbers will cool down once the hype and panic wears off, but it will still probably run around $1K in the secondary. That said, I would love to see HT offer a diecast version as I prefer it to plastic. That would be worth $1,000 - $1,200.

Where's all HB pics? The fizzle of this thread reminds me of the end of the movie, "Paul"...you know, after his ship departs and the humans stand around looking at each other and say, "well, that was nice wasn't it." Is the HB excitement over?

Here's my display so far; the current plan is to order a custom acrylic display box to keep the dust off him.

IMG_9694.JPG

Back