1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question, the attachment of the forearm things seems a bit flimsy..does it go right into the arm? Finding it pretty easy to come loose...

If you mean the gold gauntlets, they attach firmly and solidly to the arms with no give or wiggle. It takes a fair bit of pressure to snap them into place so I'd check to make sure you have pushed them in all the way.

Question, the attachment of the forearm things seems a bit flimsy..does it go right into the arm? Finding it pretty easy to come loose...

Having now had a few days to put this beast together and manipulate everything I'm more impressed than ever.

Pros:

Easily the most complex and ambitious 1/6 scale figure ever made, particularly in a large run. Simply amazing amount of lights, batteries, pieces, movable parts, etc.

Impressive amount of manipulation and articulation possible for so much bulk, also very sturdy and balanced when posed/displayed.

Visually striking and commanding. It's not just shelf presence, it's ROOM presence.

Nice amount of weathering overall. Looks pristine from a distance and beaten up a bit up close.

Cons:

For me, the adjustment of all the neck, helmet, and chest pieces is a PITA. Lots of parts that all get moved/jostled whenever you try to change anything. I'm still struggling to get a good open helmet position that shows interior Iron man without it something askew.

I love the punched in left chest piece, but the paintwork on it looks flat/matte and artificial. They should have kept the overall finish the same when covering over the dent. It's cool for sure, but could have been finished off much better.

Future concerns about batteries and corrosion in the battery compartments. My preference is to leave the batteries in because they are annoying to take in and out, but there are a LOT of battery compartments and a LOT of batteries. Sitting on the shelf for long periods gives me future visions of issues. Turning on all the lights is also a chore, particularly with the back piece that (for me anyway) does not come off easily at all. I get it. It's the price you pay for lots of cool lights, but I see it as a future issue.

Overall, could not be happier with this purchase and still can't believe it's been two years in the making.

Having now had a few days to put this beast together and manipulate everything I'm more impressed than ever.

Pros:

Easily the most complex and ambitious 1/6 scale figure ever made, particularly in a large run. Simply amazing amount of lights, batteries, pieces, movable parts, etc.

Impressive amount of manipulation and articulation possible for so much bulk, also very sturdy and balanced when posed/displayed.

Visually striking and commanding. It's not just shelf presence, it's ROOM presence.

Nice amount of weathering overall. Looks pristine from a distance and beaten up a bit up close.

Cons:

For me, the adjustment of all the neck, helmet, and chest pieces is a PITA. Lots of parts that all get moved/jostled whenever you try to change anything. I'm still struggling to get a good open helmet position that shows interior Iron man without it something askew.

I love the punched in left chest piece, but the paintwork on it looks flat/matte and artificial. They should have kept the overall finish the same when covering over the dent. It's cool for sure, but could have been finished off much better.

Future concerns about batteries and corrosion in the battery compartments. My preference is to leave the batteries in because they are annoying to take in and out, but there are a LOT of battery compartments and a LOT of batteries. Sitting on the shelf for long periods gives me future visions of issues. Turning on all the lights is also a chore, particularly with the back piece that (for me anyway) does not come off easily at all. I get it. It's the price you pay for lots of cool lights, but I see it as a future issue.

Overall, could not be happier with this purchase and still can't believe it's been two years in the making.
It's actually been 3 years in the making, having gone up for pre order in 2014...:)

The thought of a 1/4th Hulkbuster :eek
Well there is that quarter scale Hulkbuster statue/phone charger from King Arts. Budgetstark had a video of him moving that thing to his place.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Well there is that quarter scale Hulkbuster statue/phone charger from King Arts. Budgetstark had a video of him moving that thing to his place.

That video was insane. I think I would be kicked out of the house if I rolled a quarter scale HulkBuster in the front door. Lol 1:6 is already plenty big enough.

That video was insane. I think I would be kicked out of the house if I rolled a quarter scale HulkBuster in the front door. Lol 1:6 is already plenty big enough.
I guess budgetstark threw away the box for that too. That other video where he threw away and hammered down his boxes was infuriating. I've lived in Hong Kong for a short time and yes, I know how the lack of space can be. But he could have done some space management somehow.

If you mean the gold gauntlets, they attach firmly and solidly to the arms with no give or wiggle. It takes a fair bit of pressure to snap them into place so I'd check to make sure you have pushed them in all the way.

Anyone able to snap me a pic? not sure how far in it goes

Here's one if that helps
2100b5a41b7c17235c71fa070368ce1f.jpg

Make sure you're using the correct one on each arm...on the underside they're labeled "L" for left and "R" for right.

Make sure you're using the correct one on each arm...on the underside they're labeled "L" for left and "R" for right.

the hulbuster's left and right yea?
I did do that correctly, still doesnt look like it goes "right in" all the way though.

zKGAw7i.jpg

I guess budgetstark threw away the box for that too. That other video where he threw away and hammered down his boxes was infuriating. I've lived in Hong Kong for a short time and yes, I know how the lack of space can be. But he could have done some space management somehow.

Ugh, I'm sorry, but I hate the "boxes must stay" mentality to collecting. I mean, I get it. I get the reasoning. But I'd be perfectly content if the community as a whole decided "**** the boxes" so I could get rid of the damned things. I currently have an entire walk-in closet in my house JUST for HT boxes.

Back