1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know why they decided to make the mid section thinner?[i'm guessing to make the Mark 44 1/6 figure fit in the chest area of the Hulkbuster properly].

It's been fun playing with this guy for the past couple days but I'd never attempt putting my MK 43 inside; IMO it was a waste of time and resources that interfere with the overall design. I'd much rather have had wider hips to balance the overall look and the ability to pivot the legs/feet outward.

From all the pics so far I've noticed everyone seems to display him with both feet flat on the ground; has anyone attempted a bent knee & articulated foot pose? Does anyone intend to insert their MK 43 for an extended period; I'm guessing no?

It was nerve wrecking enough to set him up with the bust inside, way tooooo many moving parts...it freaks me out to mess with it Too much :lol

I'm getting more comfortable with it but I understand what you mean; the bust doesn't even fit without rubbing the various parts on the inside, which surprised me. I also like to have the HB's head more erect which causes it to rub against the door at the back of the head; opening the door, positioning the head, and putting the door on top of the back of the head doesn't look too out of place.

The head from the mk43 bust was expendible. I basically have 4 mk43 heads already. One of which is a replica that lights up even with the Tony Stark head sculpt.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

It's been fun playing with this guy for the past couple days but I'd never attempt putting my MK 43 inside; IMO it was a waste of time and resources that interfere with the overall design. I'd much rather have had wider hips and to balance the overall look and the ability to pivot the legs/feet outward.

From all the pics so far I've noticed everyone seems to display him with both feet flat on the ground; has anyone attempted a bent knee & articulated foot pose? Does anyone intend to insert their MK 43 for an extended period; I'm guessing no?

I'm getting more comfortable with it but I understand what you mean; the bust doesn't even fit without rubbing the various parts on the inside, which surprised me. I also like to have the HB's head more erect which causes it to rub against the door at the back of the head; opening the door, positioning the head, and putting the door on top of the back of the head doesn't look too out of place.

I so my bust fits in I have not noticed and y rubbing but I have been really care full , I love that there is the possibility to put the figure in but I wont butt my 43 in just because I want the 43 displayed and the bust works for me . If hot toys had made the bust will articulated arms I would have been happy to give up the option to put the full 43 in , but then I am sure people would have wanted it the other way .\

I know what you mean with the head , for me I would not have minded if I could take the door behind the head off, I currently have in possed with the door opening and I think its a nice mechanical look :)

The bottom line is unless you make it your self you will always want some thing different, I have made a few things computer programs , models , electronic gadgets , custom pc's really crazzy leg cars(think working breaks , rc controlled and working gearboxes all from lego) and even then I want things to be changed . I often finish some thing leave it for a day and then start changing it right away lol .

I have come to accept that is how I am but at the end of the day I am very happy with this figure and its the priz of my collection.

I have even bought soap reactor to light it up and a turn table that I hope to modify to turn left and then right to give you a 300 degree view of the figure and still keep the soap reactor cables hidden . This will all be finished when i have all the parts and the time to make it.

I pray hot toys doesn't give us a Jackhammer arm add-on. Maneuvering the hulkbuster itself was scary enough. I don't wanna go thru that again. The novelty seemed fun on the king arts hulkbuster but then they just keep offering add-on after add-on. I already have scrapes and scratches on my hands.

No doubt, I love the figure and quite happy to have it in my collection. I'd be great if HT communicated with the collectors to talk the pros and cons of a design of this magnitude: "We could design it to insert a full MK 43 but would have to give up XYZ"...I know, in a perfect world right.

I pray hot toys doesn't give us a Jackhammer arm add-on. Maneuvering the hulkbuster itself was scary enough. I don't wanna go thru that again. The novelty seemed fun on the king arts hulkbuster but then they just keep offering add-on after add-on. I already have scrapes and scratches on my hands.

MK 43 or HB hands?

This thing is a beast!
94ebf84baaa79f0ed8757f42641da522.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In the words of deadpool
“ I’m touching myself tonight” wow this things is mind blowing!!! Probably one of hot toys best pieces to date.

It's been fun playing with this guy for the past couple days but I'd never attempt putting my MK 43 inside; IMO it was a waste of time and resources that interfere with the overall design. I'd much rather have had wider hips and to balance the overall look and the ability to pivot the legs/feet outward.

Spot on. I would’ve loved wider hips and the ability to pivot the legs outward any day over the gimmick of inserting the MK43.

I have no plans of inserting the 43 in the HulkBuster, ever.

I still need to insert the batteries on its right repulsor blast hand and the mk43 bust. Having a really hard time removing the cover on the right hand. I see a little indent hole which I assume makes it easier to remove but mine is shut really tight. And I'm too exhausted to remove the bust right now. Sunday, it is!

I'll probably insert mk43. At least, just a one time thing.

Spot on. I would’ve loved wider hips and the ability to pivot the legs outward any day over the gimmick of inserting the MK43.

I have no plans of inserting the 43 in the HulkBuster, ever.

I hear ya. My 43 will never go in my HB, but I think I am going to put Stan Lee in it for a few pics. :lol

It's been fun playing with this guy for the past couple days but I'd never attempt putting my MK 43 inside; IMO it was a waste of time and resources that interfere with the overall design. I'd much rather have had wider hips to balance the overall look and the ability to pivot the legs/feet outward.

I have a spare 43 that is dedicated to HB display, really love the look with a full 43 perched on the opened panels. They will display together permanently.

Back