1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random question. For anyone who got the HulkBuster from Sideshow, was a signature required? I won’t be able to be home in time of delivery. Just curious.

Yep, signature required. I recommend signing up for a UPS account and arranging pickup at as local UPS Store or distribution center, I never allow them to leave figures on my doorstep. I've already arranged pickup of mine after work on Wednesday.

So this is .. hilarious. A mate just received his HB from Sideshow (here in Australia). Sent me a text with a pic of the box, so I know he's actually got it.

Wife rings up our local "supplier", one of the largest authorised Hot Toys dealers in in Melbourne. She mentions that someone got theirs from Sideshow and was wondering when ours would be turning up - only to be mocked by this idiot who kept saying "its not a legitimate one, I've got a letter from Sideshow stating they don't have any until the end of November so clearly your friend received a Chinese copy".

Jesus Christ. I'm going to be finding a new vendor after this. What a phenomenal show of ignorance for someone who's supposed to be the local leader in this field.

So this is .. hilarious. A mate just received his HB from Sideshow (here in Australia). Sent me a text with a pic of the box, so I know he's actually got it.

Wife rings up our local "supplier", one of the largest authorised Hot Toys dealers in in Melbourne. She mentions that someone got theirs from Sideshow and was wondering when ours would be turning up - only to be mocked by this idiot who kept saying "its not a legitimate one, I've got a letter from Sideshow stating they don't have any until the end of November so clearly your friend received a Chinese copy".

Jesus Christ. I'm going to be finding a new vendor after this. What a phenomenal show of ignorance for someone who's supposed to be the local leader in this field.

Dude, dont be so hard on the dealers, in my city there are 3 shops who deal with sideshow, one will get an item 2 weeks before another, and then the other gets a different release first, there is no rhyme or reason to sideshows shipping, your friend was lucky and your supplier wasnt, plus youve waited 2+ years already...

Just got an email saying its about to be delivered tomorrow by UPS in the UK. It was sent WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED SHIPPING. Anyone here know what is likely to happen with this? I thought I'd get a "please pay customs fee" first. However they look to be delivering it tomorrow. Will it be delivered and I pay the tax later or will they knock on the door expecting payment and when I don't have cash they take it back to depot and deliver a day later?
I do recall a driver once knocking on the door and said "cash only" and when I said I didn't have the cash he said "ok see you tomorrow" and walked back to the van with my figure under his arm which was painful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I received my Maria Hill figure from Sideshow last year, that was with UPS and the driver wanted cash before he would give me the box. That was only about £30 as I recall - of course he wanted the exact money as he had no change. A couple of months later, I received an email from Sideshow saying that they had mistakenly undervalued the piece on the customs declaration, but they would not be sending me revised documents to customs in this instance. Rest assured though, "[Sideshow] have corrected the issue and all future shipments will have the proper value listed."

I think it is safe to assume that you will be paying customs charges on your Hulkbuster. Working on the rate of 20% tax, you could be looking at something around £130 or more. If possible, I'd get a receipt from the driver...

I think it is FedEx that usually deliver the item and then send a friendly letter a few weeks later informing you that you need to pay the customs fees.

Just got an email saying its about to be delivered tomorrow by UPS in the UK. It was sent WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED SHIPPING. Anyone here know what is likely to happen with this? I thought I'd get a "please pay customs fee" first. However they look to be delivering it tomorrow. Will it be delivered and I pay the tax later or will they knock on the door expecting payment and when I don't have cash they take it back to depot and deliver a day later?
I do recall a driver once knocking on the door and said "cash only" and when I said I didn't have the cash he said "ok see you tomorrow" and walked back to the van with my figure under his arm which was painful to watch.

Until recently, I'd always given the UPS driver a cheque at the door (one of the reasons I usually prefer FedEx since they bill afterwards), but recently they've started allowing payment via the internet, at least if you're signed up on the website, so I've been able to pay in advance. For reference, my bill for HB was £148.41

Random question. For anyone who got the HulkBuster from Sideshow, was a signature required? I won’t be able to be home in time of delivery. Just curious.

Yep...signature required. But...if you have a My UPS account you can complete an online signature authorization. The My UPS account also allows you to select a two hour delivery window for your package. You get two opportunities to schedule your package for free, after that they charge you $8 per request.

so i missed out on preording this guy...wonder what my
best bet is to get him without spending $1200 :/

hoping some pop up on ebay for close to retail once they start hitting. who knows!

so i missed out on preording this guy...wonder what my
best bet is to get him without spending $1200 :/

hoping some pop up on ebay for close to retail once they start hitting. who knows!

HI , I got mine of ebay and I paid just over retail for it ( about 1050 USD cause of exchange rate I would need to look it up to be exact) and every one said that's to high , after that the price has just gone up and up .

I am happy I got it for that price and while I was still able to get one , the way I feel is I love this figure and if I had to chose having this and missing out on 3 other figures then I was happy to do so . I don't think Hulk buster will be re released (well not any time soon ) and even if they do re release it I like this version . The way it looks the slight battle damage and the fact that it comes with a bust so you don't have to have the MK 43 in it, I have the MK 43 .

I think if you want it you need to think how much do you want it , do you plan on getting any other figures . I had some money saved for 3 figures and basically decided to spend the money on the Hulk Buster instead . If you don't have the money saved already or simply cant afford it then don't get it I was just lucky to be in the situation where I had that money saved for figures most of the time .

Just my though and may be some thing for every one to think about , you can gable and wait but I think the price will just go up as more people buy these of ebay sellers will list them fore more and more . I know 3 guys who dont even collect and bought some form ebay as they think its so cool so these new collectors are also pushing prices up .

darksheep, i would def pay that much for him. i hope i can find one around that price. i just hate the thought of exceeding a couple hundred beyond 1000 already. i def had to sell off a few digs already to make room/build funds!

Until recently, I'd always given the UPS driver a cheque at the door (one of the reasons I usually prefer FedEx since they bill afterwards), but recently they've started allowing payment via the internet, at least if you're signed up on the website, so I've been able to pay in advance. For reference, my bill for HB was £148.41

Yep just got an online bill for that price too.
I recieved a call from UPS earlier this evening and the lady said she wanted me to fill out a form as it was a collectible art piece and was potentially valid for the 5% tax bracket instead of 20%. I filled out the form and sent it back to her. I didn't get a reply but then I got an email 2 hours later charging me 20%. Doh! I got all excited as its a big drop of nearly £100 if it was in the 5% bracket.
Oh well paid it now, hoping that maybe the two are not directly linked and potentially am due a refund if it does drop into a lower tier charge. We'll see though not holding my breath!

I just paid for the custom clearance charges yesterday and arranged for a Wednesday delivery. So it's all good and steady for me at this point.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Time will tell. I pick up most IM figures even repaints but the IW version would have to have something seriously amazing for me to drop $900 on another one.

That's what I'm thinking, there's no point unless it has something that overshadows the current one.

The HB we got now can have another complete figure inside, I don't think it can get better than that

Back