1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol it's all good. I have a habit of re-editing my posts heh. Let me know if you have any questions, i don't mind listing the materials and instructions to make it.

Anyways, let's get some speculation going here. Nobody seems to have a solid lead on any viable reason for a 9 month delay. The delay itself seems pretty exceptional to me, I can't imagine coming in that late on a project of this scale. Not complaining at all, but really... there must be a reason for this, and I'm sure it's an interesting one.

Group hug for all the collectors, high fives to Motu, I'm just happy to be freaky. :rock

Maybe they're adding a gimmick or two, or reworking the paint process.. What loominus suspects is probably accurate. Maybe they're adding a base? That would seem unlikely though. I assume that would affect the pricing.

I hope they are fixing whatever issue they are having right now, as we don't see them having it in any sort of dynamic pose.

I foresee there might be issues that the arms and legs aren't holding up? I don't want a $1000 Hulkbuster statue, I want a poseable one.

No cancellation at all for me on this historic action figure release that will truly change the 1/6 scale collectible into an art. I feel like this is a major milestone for any company to achieve and if it turns out as well as we all hope, it will set new, and higher standards for collectibles that follow. With this release, the sky will be the limit with Hot Toys and I am really looking forward to the final product. This has never been done before in my lifetime and we may never see anything else quite like it again, but time will tell.

My next flexpay starts up again in December, so that will give me some time to catch up on some other releases.

No cancellation at all for me on this historic action figure release that will truly change the 1/6 scale collectible into an art. I feel like this is a major milestone for any company to achieve and if it turns out as well as we all hope, it will set new, and higher standards for collectibles that follow. With this release, the sky will be the limit with Hot Toys and I am really looking forward to the final product. This has never been done before in my lifetime and we may never see anything else quite like it again, but time will tell.

I'd wait till an actual production piece exists before I go before balancing the future expectations of an entire industry on it. It didn't get delayed 8 months because its working out really well so far.

Yeah, this is design flaw territory in my book. It would be a disaster if they had they these falling apart after 3 weeks. They have to get this right or the backlash would be catastrophic given the price.

lve just called HT, they said it was originally set to
be released in q2/q3 this year, but now there is a
change of schedule! and details will be announced
on facebook within the next few days! lets wait and see.

So sideshow is doing full refunds and return of reward points used. Had a hard time cancelling since I only had 1 payment left, but with the money I'm able to buy 2 figures now and drop 82 bucks back on this. It'll be coming out around tax season next year which is perfect so I'll be paying for this straight up once it releases. I still want this beast of a figure. All in all this delay works out great for me because I really didn't have the funds right now to get the mark 45 and NA scarlet witch

lve just called HT, they said it was originally set to
be released in q2/q3 this year, but now there is a
change of schedule! and details will be announced
on facebook within the next few days! lets wait and see.

Interesting to see that actually reply individuals... Wondering what will their reasons be?

Interesting to see that actually reply individuals... Wondering what will their reasons be?

actually i told them i want to PO one, and asked them if it was scheduled to be released very soon.
i think that's why they told me about the delay.:rotfl

Holding on to my PO with sideshow....only one payment and shipping remain so I'm in it for the long haul. If they follow through I don't think they will produce and armor this big again.

I have one payment left as well so I might stay the course. For those who have cancelled with Sideshow, did they charge and fees for doing so?

I figure I could cancel and then re-order with an extra $300 of rewards + gift card balance ... So it'll work out nicely. I just don't want to lose any money on a cancellation fee ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there is some major issue probably related to design, and not overall production. Even Tony Stark's prototypes aren't perfect. 'Its life imitating art' :) I hope it all works out.

My next flexpay starts up again in December, so that will give me some time to catch up on some other releases.

Well said. I feel the same about this figure.

actually i told them i want to PO one, and asked them if it was scheduled to be released very soon.
i think that's why they told me about the delay.:rotfl
Smooth like butter lol :)

I have one payment left as well so I might stay the course. For those who have cancelled with Sideshow, did they charge and fees for doing so?

I figure I could cancel and then re-order with an extra $300 of rewards + gift card balance ... So it'll work out nicely. I just don't want to lose any money on a cancellation fee ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow is giving full refunds and any reward points used

I am glad i got an update from TimewalkerToys about my order, makes me feel good i preordered with them and they keep me updated on these things

Hulk is maaaaaad! Hulkbuster delayed until Feb-Mar 2017.

HI,,

Hulk is mad and, frankly, we're disappointed, too. We have just received word from our suppliers that the Hot Toys 1/6 scale Hulkbuster has been delayed until February or March 2017. We will post imminent arrival information on our website when we receive confirmation of a delivery date from our suppliers.

See the latest arrival information at our website: HULKBUSTER

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please watch our email newsletters for further product updates.

Thank you for your business,

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

Back