1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forum.php

Had this on pre-order with onesixthbruce, luckily got my deposit back thanks to PayPal but any uk collectors know the best way to get this guy now?

Would anyone consider buying this straight from Hong Kong e.g timcent, or had experience buying larger hot toys from Hong Kong before?

Had this on pre-order with onesixthbruce, luckily got my deposit back thanks to PayPal but any uk collectors know the best way to get this guy now?

Would anyone consider buying this straight from Hong Kong e.g timcent, or had experience buying larger hot toys from Hong Kong before?

timcent is like the best seller on ebay I was going to get the DeLorean from him but I thought I might get stung with a hefty customs charge so I decided to PO @ ToyHQ
TBH I have no idea how British customs work? whether they charge stuff on weight, box dimension etc.
timcent will send the thing no problem but customs might nab it and stick a hefty customs charge on it? Its a bit of a gamble but its up to you.
timcent usually packs stuff well too, but there is a chance it might get bashed up from HK, then if it comes damaged it might be a pain in the ass getting the thing back to HK. Especially an expensive item like this.

timcent is like the best seller on ebay I was going to get the DeLorean from him but I thought I might get stung with a hefty customs charge so I decided to PO @ ToyHQ
TBH I have no idea how British customs work? whether they charge stuff on weight, box dimension etc.
timcent will send the thing no problem but customs might nab it and stick a hefty customs charge on it? Its a bit of a gamble but its up to you.
timcent usually packs stuff well too, but there is a chance it might get bashed up from HK, then if it comes damaged it might be a pain in the ass getting the thing back to HK. Especially an expensive item like this.

Yeah toy hq was first place I looked and sold out now unfortunately, and yeah have no idea about customs when it comes to size of item? Or if timcent would still send this with free shipping, was really impressed with timcents packing etc. but your probably right to be cautious with this

I've bought things direct. It all depends on how much shipping and customs will be I suppose. Some sellers will work with you on customs stuff, others won't. And shipping is all over the place. I'd ask before I commit.

As far as I know, UK customs only care about the declared value of the item - the size of the parcel is irrelevant. A rough estimate is about 20% of the combined value of the item and the postage cost. The obvious problem with the Hulkbuster is that the box is going to be huge and will most likely scream Hey, look at me! as it travels through customs.

From the Gov.UK website:

Does the sender have to declare the goods?

Yes. Under international postal agreements the sender must complete a customs declaration (form CN22 or CN23) which in most cases should be fixed to the package. The declaration includes a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items. Any Post Office abroad should be able to give advice to the sender.

Under customs law, you as the importer are legally responsible for the information on the declaration; therefore it is in your own interest to ensure, wherever possible, that the sender abroad completes the declaration accurately and in full.

If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed while the Border Force make further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be returned to the sender or seized by the Border Force.

When the value of the item is over £15.00, the duty is applied to the combined value of the item and the postage. Also, the Post Office will stick another £8.00 on top of that as a "handling fee" if they are the ones delivering the parcel. That means they don't deliver your parcel but send you a postcard saying how much they want and they won't let you have it until you either pay them online or in person when you go to collect from your local sorting office. (There's also an option that involves some nonsense about sending back the postcard with stamps to the value of the charge).

There is an import duty calculator website you can use to give you a rough idea of how much you will have to pay in duties.

I just ran a check for a $900.00 figure (three for this price on eBay right now) sent from Hong Kong to the UK with free shipping.
Total customs value = £609.08. VAT = £121.82. Ouch! Total landed cost = £730.90.

So like I said previously, that's about 20%, which I think is a fair estimate for anything being imported at the moment. For instance, Amazon USA have their Global Shipping Program which takes an "import fees deposit" when you make a purchase over £15 for delivery to the UK, and that works out at much the same rate.

Looking around at the various places I would consider buying this from, I think wherever you decide to buy this piece from now, it is going to be around £700.00. (I've got mine on pre-order with Collectibles Direct and fortunately got it for a better price than that, and also with the peace of mind that there will be no additional fees to pay).

Both the Forbidden Planets have the piece still available for pre-order for £699.99 (plus P&P), currently claiming it is due on the 31st of May.

Forbidden Planet

Forbidden Planet International

There is always Sideshow ($825 + at least $40 S&H). I think they use FedEx, so they will deliver your parcel and then send you a letter asking for the customs fees.

Or there is La Cité des Nuages in Belgium (no customs charges to the UK as it is EU) for €929.90 (about £685, plus a flat rate shipping fee of €12.90 (about £9.55)). They also have a membership card that will give you 10% off all your purchases there for a year. This costs €30.00, takes 24 hours to activate but you would be saving over €90.00 (£65ish) straight away on this purchase.

I do have a couple of pre-orders with LCdN - due any time now - but have not yet received any items from them so I can't personally vouch for the quality of their packing or delivery times. They have been around since 2004 and are rated quite highly by a couple of people in this thread which was why I decided to give them a shot.

Any Canadian collectors here ? Am based in Ottawa can anyone suggest where to beauty? Toys on fire have this out of stock and not taking any more pre orders and also their prices are a bit high =(

Any Canadian collectors here ? Am based in Ottawa can anyone suggest where to beauty? Toys on fire have this out of stock and not taking any more pre orders and also their prices are a bit high =(
Check your local comic shops, they might still be accepting preorders for it.

As far as I know, UK customs only care about the declared value of the item - the size of the parcel is irrelevant. A rough estimate is about 20% of the combined value of the item and the postage cost. The obvious problem with the Hulkbuster is that the box is going to be huge and will most likely scream Hey, look at me! as it travels through customs.

From the Gov.UK website:

Does the sender have to declare the goods?

Yes. Under international postal agreements the sender must complete a customs declaration (form CN22 or CN23) which in most cases should be fixed to the package. The declaration includes a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items. Any Post Office abroad should be able to give advice to the sender.

Under customs law, you as the importer are legally responsible for the information on the declaration; therefore it is in your own interest to ensure, wherever possible, that the sender abroad completes the declaration accurately and in full.

If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed while the Border Force make further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be returned to the sender or seized by the Border Force.

When the value of the item is over £15.00, the duty is applied to the combined value of the item and the postage. Also, the Post Office will stick another £8.00 on top of that as a "handling fee" if they are the ones delivering the parcel. That means they don't deliver your parcel but send you a postcard saying how much they want and they won't let you have it until you either pay them online or in person when you go to collect from your local sorting office. (There's also an option that involves some nonsense about sending back the postcard with stamps to the value of the charge).

There is an import duty calculator website you can use to give you a rough idea of how much you will have to pay in duties.

I just ran a check for a $900.00 figure (three for this price on eBay right now) sent from Hong Kong to the UK with free shipping.
Total customs value = £609.08. VAT = £121.82. Ouch! Total landed cost = £730.90.

So like I said previously, that's about 20%, which I think is a fair estimate for anything being imported at the moment. For instance, Amazon USA have their Global Shipping Program which takes an "import fees deposit" when you make a purchase over £15 for delivery to the UK, and that works out at much the same rate.

Looking around at the various places I would consider buying this from, I think wherever you decide to buy this piece from now, it is going to be around £700.00. (I've got mine on pre-order with Collectibles Direct and fortunately got it for a better price than that, and also with the peace of mind that there will be no additional fees to pay).

Both the Forbidden Planets have the piece still available for pre-order for £699.99 (plus P&P), currently claiming it is due on the 31st of May.

Forbidden Planet

Forbidden Planet International

There is always Sideshow ($825 + at least $40 S&H). I think they use FedEx, so they will deliver your parcel and then send you a letter asking for the customs fees.

Or there is La Cité des Nuages in Belgium (no customs charges to the UK as it is EU) for €929.90 (about £685, plus a flat rate shipping fee of €12.90 (about £9.55)). They also have a membership card that will give you 10% off all your purchases there for a year. This costs €30.00, takes 24 hours to activate but you would be saving over €90.00 (£65ish) straight away on this purchase.

I do have a couple of pre-orders with LCdN - due any time now - but have not yet received any items from them so I can't personally vouch for the quality of their packing or delivery times. They have been around since 2004 and are rated quite highly by a couple of people in this thread which was why I decided to give them a shot.

Thanks for all the info bud, really appreciate your research and will look into some of the options you stated. Gotta get this guy some way or another.

Try imagination hobbie and collectibles, they are based in Montreal. I know the guys, all honest and respectable. They will require a deposit for this, but you might still be able to order one.

My preorders including Hulkbuster are Mk 46, Vision, Ultron Prime Just received my Thanos today,

I hope I am not overly impressed with any civil war figures (except IM Mk 47) as I am a huge IM fan from childhood.

I'm hoping they've learned their lesson. I would be devastated...

They learned it years ago. They don't even do the one piece rubber crotch section any more. Been like half a decade since they made an iron man with that issue.

I hope the leather isn't bad.

Nope, no leather. I was being a smart ass. Making the point that complaining about materials the figures don't use anymore is silly. Which is the same as the pink panty issue. The thing that caused that (vinyl/rubber crotch section) hasn't been used and won't be used.

Back