1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He will be fine. The joints are bigger as well. If they can hold a metal hammer or be diecast at 1/6 normal or 1/4 scale then this will be fine.

That's true. It's not like the arm, being plastic, will be too heavy.

I have some figures that their arms can't hold up its own arms because of, let's say, a giant sword or gun.

It comes down to how well the joint is constructed.

The first run of MK42 figures come to mind

Obviously no one knows for certain whether the shoulder joints will hold up or not. I'm just going by the most recent con pics and they look like they're sagging. :lol

Of course, HT's handlers could just be putting the arms close at the figure's sides for space reasons but that's the perception I'm getting.

Obviously no one knows for certain whether the shoulder joints will hold up or not. I'm just going by the most recent con pics and they look like they're sagging. :lol

Of course, HT's handlers could be putting the arms close at the figure's sides for spaces reasons but that's the perception I'm getting. :dunno

Sagging... Such a powerful word :rotfl

It doesn't look any different in person. And it hasn't been the same proto at every show either. They have more then one. I'm not even sure what you mean by sagging joints. The joints can get loose if they are bad or over used, but sag? That would require the plastic to melt.

It was really hunched over at this past Toy Soul...

23819574435_a7c282ba23_b.jpg

...while it appeared more upright and the forearms were pointing outward at Toy Soul 2014.

hot-toys2.jpg

Just a matter of perception. And posing.

Reading some of the recent posts it seems like some people are getting cold feet for the HB; stay the course guys!

It was really hunched over at this past Toy Soul...

23819574435_a7c282ba23_b.jpg

...while it appeared more upright and the forearms were pointing outward at Toy Soul 2014.

hot-toys2.jpg

Just a matter of perception. And posing.

His head is tilted down or up, depending which way you look at it...and his arms are straight. I don't see that as an issue. His lights are out in one photo as well...but I'm not worried they will all stop working at once.

Well, I couldn't fit any more money into my "Hulkbuster Fund" can so I had to open it and count it out; with the funds in the can and Christmas contributions from my lovely wife and daughter I had $979... bring on the HB HT, I'm ready!!!

I'm now very close to paying this bad boy off. It's taken some big decisions but I know it will be worth it.

I'm probably passing on this. Spending close to $1000 on a toy a real tough pill to swallow.

I was able to save the funds since having it on PO without a problem; dropping a $20 here and a $50 there...all my spare change etc., wasn't painful at all. It also helped that instead of Christmas and birthday presents I received cash for the HB Fund. I've spent $300+ on a single IM figure, $824 for this seems almost a bargain.

I was able to save the funds since having it on PO without a problem; dropping a $20 here and a $50 there...all my spare change etc., wasn't painful at all. It also helped that instead of Christmas and birthday presents I received cash for the HB Fund. I've spent $300+ on a single IM figure, $824 for this seems almost a bargain.

It is not a matter of whether or not I can afford it, it's whether I really want to spend $1000 on a toy. There is a lot I can do with a grand.

Back