1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops...didn't realize this is the hulkbuster thread. The 78 bucks custom charge thing is normally what i pay for the regular sized ironman figure from sideshow. This hulkbuster might be way more than that

Dang that's gotta be hard to stomach. Funny how hot toys gets slammed for making the figures 25 bucks more expensive...and then the country's half the customers live in charge 100 bucks for absolutely nada. I think maybe some people are complaining about the wrong things. Lol

I'm not sure if be buying if it cost me that much extra on every figure. I'd have it shipped to a friend stateside and have them hold it and just buy hem a plane ticket or something after a few. Least then I got something for the money.

Dang that's gotta be hard to stomach. Funny how hot toys gets slammed for making the figures 25 bucks more expensive...and then the country's half the customers live in charge 100 bucks for absolutely nada. I think maybe some people are complaining about the wrong things. Lol

I'm not sure if be buying if it cost me that much extra on every figure. I'd have it shipped to a friend stateside and have them hold it and just buy hem a plane ticket or something after a few. Least then I got something for the money.
I got family in hk so i can easily have them pick for me and I'll just take it when I'm in town. But that's a hassle. Rather have it delivered to me or buy it in a store

I got family in hk so i can easily have them pick for me and I'll just take it when I'm in town. But that's a hassle. Rather have it delivered to me or buy it in a store

I get that. Is much rather handle it myself. I hate involving others. But with that much money (I order every figure so that's over a grand this year at that price you mentioned you paid) I'm not sure I would do it the way o have been.

I get that. Is much rather handle it myself. I hate involving others. But with that much money (I order every figure so that's over a grand this year at that price you mentioned you paid) I'm not sure I would do it the way o have been.
Yeah...just man up, pay that monthly 100 bucks and wait for shipping fees...

I agree with you. I have HK friends as well.. But knowing hot toys QA issue, I'll rather pay a bit more and do a good QC myself then facing a situation of having a defective hot toy which irks me.

I agree with you. I have HK friends as well.. But knowing hot toys QA issue, I'll rather pay a bit more and do a good QC myself then facing a situation of having a defective hot toy which irks me.
Yeah..plus, i don't like their lottery system. Rather be able to pay online than lining up for hours to preorder upfront.

image.jpeg
Saw this photo Online. Did they do something to the upper thigh of HB?? Looks weird..

I just paid my flex pay in full - couldn't wait till December. Like the lady said, "I adore you, but I need the other guy."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you located (I'm on my phone app), you close to the border? Might be able to save on shipping if you send to a parcel place in the states

I located in Raincouver (Vancouver in case you don't get the joke), so yes it's close to the border.

Ive asked before and gotten an estimate, again estimate not an exact amount but gives you a general idea based on where you live. granted it was in us but I don't see why you couldn't convert it. Look if you really want it then understand that its gonna be 100-200 for shipping plus the cost, if not more. if you aint cool with that then don't buy it.

On most things they have at least a general idea what the size and weight will be. 400 plus hot toys figures are about the same size box and weight. Then around 75 are larger but still easy enough to estimate (like 89 batman or mech stark). Then the 1/4 stuff and ed209 and armory. But with hulkbuster it's going to be larger than anything else. And we are still not entirely sure what will be in the box. If they did Veronica or the jackhammer arm, or both that adds size to the box. This box could easily be twice the size of any previous release. There's just no way to know until hot toys gives sideshow some specs. Right now all they have said is it will be "around" 22 inches tall. look to hulk to see how that can still be off. Shipping will be expensive. That's the best anyone can say. I would not expect to pay less then 1000usd total for the figure. (That's figure plus shipping and tax and import) If it comes in less great. Could be more.

Oops...didn't realize this is the hulkbuster thread. The 78 bucks custom charge thing is normally what i pay for the regular sized ironman figure from sideshow. This hulkbuster might be way more than that

Thanks to all who replies

That's so convenient. Flight to HK isn't that expensive and you get something too out of it.

At the end of the day, I might just try to go to Big Pete's in North Van to see how much they charge to avoid all the hassle.

Back