1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting to think a fish tank with a cabinet would be a great set up. Use the cabinet space to house all my Marvel and DC blurays. Then if possible, grabbing a Detolf or Besta down the road when I'll end up getting more figures. Lol
It's just really difficult with these larger figures coming out that are must owns (as far as I'm concerned haha.) Makes a new collector run into some problems when deciding how to go about buying display cases when your figures range from 6 inches (Rocket) to 22 inches (HB).
Feel free to keep the siggestions coming. I'm by no means decided, and I'm definitely not interested in making my place look like a virgin's paradise. :lol
Could be the best way to go. Some tank/cabinet combos I seen look really good, and like you said it doesnt just need to be for figures

I was at my local Ikea and saw this last week.

NORN

A bit more than a besta though . Long enough for the speeder bike atleast :)

Space is at a premium in my display room and I use Detolfs. If you go that route you should find a way to get them off the floor; mine are raised 15-16 inches or so and makes the display a whole lot better to look at.

Yeah the doors kill an otherwise smart cabinet. The thing I hate about my Detolfs are the bottom spaces. You need to lay on the floor to appreciate what you got down there.

How did you accomplish this

To accomplish this I mounted 4 Detolf cases on the now discontinued Expedit shelf. I also mounted 2 other Detolfs on the single Expedit cubes, which have also been discontinued. As a replacement to the Expetit line Ikea now has Kallax, which isn't as beefy. Finding a way to get the Detolfs off the floor is worth doing and gets that bottom shelf at a better level for display.

IMG_5156.JPG

Here are the cases in action, I collected toy robots and 1950s space toys before finding Hot Toys/Sideshow...notice I'm making room for 6th scale figures!

Scaled.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

To accomplish this I mounted 4 Detolf cases on the now discontinued Expedit shelf. I also mounted 2 other Detolfs on the single Expedit cubes, which have also been discontinued. As a replacement to the Expetit line Ikea now has Kallax, which isn't as beefy. Finding a way to get the Detolfs off the floor is worth doing and gets that bottom shelf at a better level for display.

Thanks but Damm it sucks that everything gets discontinued

Closet maid makes a cube system that sells at Walmart and Meijer and target that are nearly the same as the discon ikea ones.

Finally folded and preordered this beast. I stop preordering as I find most hottoys retailing for less when the figure is finally out. The reason being scalpers over here has been ordering multiple figures for keeps then dropping the price when the demand is less than expected. I learn from my toy shop that they do not do it as much for high value item. Plus, the preorder price from this place is also very good :). This is going to be my most expensive piece.

What I did is just installed those 2-3 inches legs for the bestas to the detolf. Makes a little bit of a difference but still not as high when on top of the boxes. Im just afraid that those ikea boxes might collapse if I do that.

What I did is just installed those 2-3 inches legs for the bestas to the detolf. Makes a little bit of a difference but still not as high when on top of the boxes. Im just afraid that those ikea boxes might collapse if I do that.

I understand your concern; mine have been up there for a year and a half without any issues.

Regarding the cabinet debate - are there any display options other than a coffee table, especially if you're going to be pairing HB with the Hulk? Think '89 Batmobile. I also wouldn't want to display HB any more than a foot or two above the floor.

Regarding the cabinet debate - are there any display options other than a coffee table, especially if you're going to be pairing HB with the Hulk? Think '89 Batmobile. I also wouldn't want to display HB any more than a foot or two above the floor.

Why not? He isn't 50 lbs :lol

Search the thread for "Kallax" and it'll tell you what I'm gonna do. The inside measurements of the Kallax shelf is 27"x27" so the HB will have some room to grow!

Back