1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an update on Hulkbuster from my friend who owns a comic shop. Sideshow reps are saying that they hope to supply retail orders by the end on Q1 2018. So those people who bought through bbts or other resellers may be waiting a while. Who knows if this is accurate though. [emoji848]🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess this sucks in a sense that we all want it earlier. In the mean time hopefully I can find a good deal on the Mark 46.

I just finished up my custom cabinet lighting on my new cabinet for the HB + collection. I just have to add some minor details (black background, handles, etc.)

I guess I can wait a little while longer.

The soap reactor is a must with this figure. I now have him posed open and with both the bust inside and the MK43 by it...all lights are on thanks to soap
View attachment 379705
View attachment 379706

This looks great! I'm not sure I personally want to drop $200 to light this up. Then I"ll want to light up my KARTS Hulkbuster and M43 too. Not to mention the Mark 46 I want to get as well lol.

This looks great! I'm not sure I personally want to drop $200 to light this up. Then I"ll want to light up my KARTS Hulkbuster and M43 too. Not to mention the Mark 46 I want to get as well lol.

Agreed; the price of the HB and acrylic display box was more than enough spent on this figure. I have yet to light any of my figures, so why start now; he looks pretty bad a$$ as is but kudos to those taking the next step. I personally would rather keep the dust off than light him up.

Agreed; the price of the HB and acrylic display box was more than enough spent on this figure. I have yet to light any of my figures, so why start now; he looks pretty bad a$$ as is but kudos to those taking the next step. I personally would rather keep the dust off him.

Yes! Not saying the soap reactor isn't cool. I just find it hard to swallow the $200 for it when all my other stuff would wnat to get lit up as well.

Keeping my collection dust free is a priority. I'll have to post some pictures of the lighting. Its pretty much the same as Budget Starks (thank you for the idea ;). Was a pain to cut the aluminum rails and install to the glass shelving and top, but it looks really good.

Agreed; the price of the HB and acrylic display box was more than enough spent on this figure. I have yet to light any of my figures, so why start now; he looks pretty bad a$$ as is but kudos to those taking the next step. I personally would rather keep the dust off him.

Completely agreed. Plus, having a mirrored back makes it impossible to hide the Soap wires. It would drive me nuts looking at it.

Got an update on Hulkbuster from my friend who owns a comic shop. Sideshow reps are saying that they hope to supply retail orders by the end on Q1 2018. So those people who bought through bbts or other resellers may be waiting a while. Who knows if this is accurate though. [emoji848]🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn!!! January-March?? Now I don’t really fee bad jumping in the payment plan. I’ll have this paid off and still be waiting 1-2months. Oh well not like it’s 3 years.

Yes! Not saying the soap reactor isn't cool. I just find it hard to swallow the $200 for it when all my other stuff would wnat to get lit up as well.

Keeping my collection dust free is a priority. I'll have to post some pictures of the lighting. Its pretty much the same as Budget Starks (thank you for the idea ;). Was a pain to cut the aluminum rails and install to the glass shelving and top, but it looks really good.

Looking forward to seeing your display and lighting, I haven't even thought about lighting mine yet.

Couldn’t agree more. Happy with the piece, but the multiple batteries and switches aren’t worth the hassle of getting this guy lit up.
Personally I intend to light mine up a few glorious times with the supplied batteries, take a few HD photos, create a montage of tnem in different color schemes and lighting effects. Then see if I can get Fracture Me to print it on glass and mount it next to my Hulkbuster. Finally after that I hope to find a sweet acrylic display case for him to remain dust free and ready to take on the Hulk whenever needed. And yes I will remove all those pesky batteries. Sure the Hulkbuster can take on the Hulk, but it is no match for battery acid. Who needs SOAP?

Weird my final payment has been charged, but my Hulkbuster hasn't shipped yet.

Yeah same here. Same thing happened with my last order. When I asked SSC they told me it can take up to 3 business days after final payment to ship it out. But on the bright side, we will definitely have this beast by next week. A lot of folks will have to possibly wait until the end of Q1 2018. :horror

Back