1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my 21x21x27 display box today; what a beast...and expense. The size may be a bit of an overkill but I also plan on displaying the MK 43 once I get a proper base from Coco. I'm thinking about drilling a hole through the acrylic base and into the tabletop so the 43 could be posed at the same level as the HB...we'll see.

Sorry for the cellphone photo:

View attachment 377789

Great display! I just got my frameless glass display delivered today. I have to do some custom lighting to it, but will post pix when HB arrives.

Do you plan on adding any lighting to yours? It looks great as is.

So I wasn’t going to get this but I realised that was a mistake. Now I have HB coming soon along with 2 soap reactors to power him up. Can’t wait!

Great display! I just got my frameless glass display delivered today. I have to do some custom lighting to it, but will post pix when HB arrives.

Do you plan on adding any lighting to yours? It looks great as is.

Thanks RW. I think it needs some lighting but I'm not going to mess with the integrity of the acrylic box, probably something external to the display. Looking forward to seeing yours!

Can you list out the parts/part number that you bought? It would make it easier for others who want to do the same.

Here's what I ordered from Soap Studios:

Soap Reactor (full pack) x1
Soap Reactor (lite pack) x1
LR44 x3
LR41 x3
LR621 x3
USB cable x1
Power Adapter US x1

The total came to $280.88 with shipping to the US (shipping alone was $30). I ended up with on extra LR621 because I had initially intended to light up my full mk43, but I've stuck with the bust...for now.

Thought about doing the solo one for hb but decided to get a new case for everything and put hb at the bottom and will do custom led lights like budget starks custom cabinet.

https://www.displays2go.com/P-14801/Store-Display-Cabinets-Feature-Lockable-Sliding-Doors

https://www.displays2go.com/P-14800/Glass-Cabinet-with-Frameless-Design?st=Search&sid=display case

I don't know if I would trust the structure of this display case. I'm worried about the shelving collapsing under the weight of the figures. There aren't many supports included.

I don't know if I would trust the structure of this display case. I'm worried about the shelving collapsing under the weight of the figures. There aren't many supports included.

It’s rated 20lbs per shelf. I contacted the manufacturer to make sure. All heavy items such as ht hb and ka hb will be on the bottom. The rest of my collection consist of transformers and Voltron which aren’t as heavy as ht figures. So everything should be fine.

The glass on this is very thick and heavy (structure, shelving, etc.). It’s very sturdy at about 350lbs+

It’s rated 20lbs per shelf. I contacted the manufacturer to make sure. All heavy items such as ht hb and ka hb will be on the bottom. The rest of my collection consist of transformers and Voltron which aren’t as heavy as ht figures. So everything should be fine.

The glass on this is very thick and heavy (structure, shelving, etc.). It’s very sturdy at about 350lbs+

I'm just worried about the glass shelving bowing. If there was a support in the middle of the case, I wouldn't worry. Plus I would replace the glass with thicker tempered glass shelves.

Here's what I ordered from Soap Studios:

Soap Reactor (full pack) x1
Soap Reactor (lite pack) x1
LR44 x3
LR41 x3
LR621 x3
USB cable x1
Power Adapter US x1

The total came to $280.88 with shipping to the US (shipping alone was $30). I ended up with on extra LR621 because I had initially intended to light up my full mk43, but I've stuck with the bust...for now.
Do you have a current working link to order the Soap reactor? Soap seem to have revamped their website and the reactor category page says nothing found :(

I'm just worried about the glass shelving bowing. If there was a support in the middle of the case, I wouldn't worry. Plus I would replace the glass with thicker tempered glass shelves.

No doubt. The whole case is tempered glass. I guess I’ll fibd out soon. I am installing aluminum rails at the bottom of the shelves to house the led lighting which should be more than plenty of support. But I get what you’re saying that was a concern of mine too.

My Hulkbuster been standing on the floor since I got him...he looks more like a living room center piece than a shelf piece :lol

Do you have a current working link to order the Soap reactor? Soap seem to have revamped their website and the reactor category page says nothing found :(
If you email them and let them know what figures you want to light up then they will arrange the leads and reactor for you. They are very helpful. They will then send you a pal invoice. I’ve bought 6 reactors from them and I’ve done it all via pay pal.
Hope this helps?

If you email them and let them know what figures you want to light up then they will arrange the leads and reactor for you. They are very helpful. They will then send you a pal invoice. I’ve bought 6 reactors from them and I’ve done it all via pay pal.
Hope this helps?

Yeah, I've bought all 3 of mine over email using PayPal invoicing ([email protected]) since the site didn't work for US customers when I bought my first one. It was always buggy. I didn't even try going back for the subsequent ones.

Hope this helps?

Yeah, I've bought all 3 of mine over email using PayPal invoicing ([email protected]) since the site didn't work for US customers when I bought my first one. It was always buggy. I didn't even try going back for the subsequent ones.
Thanks, I'll give that a go :)

So I checked my SSC account this morning and the shipping charge has been added to my final flex pay. This means that it's shipping out right?!?!? It's finally happening!!!

Jeremy-Renner.gif

Back