1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been eyeing this and still haven't pulled the trigger yet. If I do get it, my biggest issue is where do I store the box it comes in and not the figure itself:rotfl

Add the Hulkbuster to your cart at SSC and wait up to 1 or 2 days without checking out. You should receive a 10% off coupon in your email. Saved a little over $80 on my own flex pay pre-order :yess:

I was so tempted to pre-order this in the beginning after seeing the movie and how cool Hulkbuster was on screen. But over time reality set in, and as amazing as this would be to have as a showcase for one's collection, I just couldn't justify the price. And not because I couldn't afford it, merely just knowing that every time I looked at it I'd feel guilty spending that much money on a collectible rather than my family.. :( And after the re-engineering to be able to incorporate the MK43 armor into Hulkbuster itself, how could you not have that to go with this!! That'd be another few hundred $$$ I'd have to spend.

Hopefully the wait pays off for all those that have been so patient. I do really look forward to seeing this in photos and people's collections and still envying them!! This is one of those collectibles for the ages. I don't see HT making a lot of them, so price will be interesting too. It will either drop a bit over time as it remains available as people have a hard time justifying the purchase like myself, or it will be gone quickly and skyrocket in aftermarket prices as this is definitely something that will most likely never be revisited by HT. Curious to see how this piece plays out.

I highly doubt this piece will be revisited especially after all the time and effort it's taking HTs to get this perfect. I also don't think they're going to make a ton of these either. This is mainly for people who are true fans of the armor especially at this price range. I think that once this sells out, and it will over time, the price is going to skyrocket and make it really difficult for one to want to spend that kind of money to get one. Its current price is already too much for most.

I highly doubt this piece will be revisited especially after all the time and effort it's taking HTs to get this perfect. I also don't think they're going to make a ton of these either. This is mainly for people who are true fans of the armor especially at this price range. I think that once this sells out, and it will over time, the price is going to skyrocket and make it really difficult for one to want to spend that kind of money to get one. Its current price is already too much for most.

Agreed. In fact if this was solicited today I think you could add at least $150 on the price for a PO.

Well, I'm still processing the fact that I have just pre-ordered this big boy. OMG OMG. Where am I going to display it? What am I going to tell my wife? Questions, questions....

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Well, I'm still processing the fact that I have just pre-ordered this big boy. OMG OMG. Where am I going to display it? What am I going to tell my wife? Questions, questions....

Tell the wife you won it, tear out your entire house and redesign the entire place to fit this in. It's the only choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used that "I won it" line several times. Have to space it out. I forward her a lot of the winner announcements to create a sense of volume so it doesn't look like I'm winning every contest.

It's a tangled web but my key still works in the front door...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i told my wife it went up for PO over 2 years ago so I have been paying just a little bit every month but in reality I PO just recently. I also told her I would be "selling" other figures, just putting back in box until a later date.

You guys are experts! This is a great learning experience. Lol

Honestly. Why is it better to have a relationship where you lie to your SO than simply respecting and trusting each others ability to be financially responsible?

Like, I know every relationship is unique and I don't want to be judgy, but if you earn the money, and you are still meeting your financial responsibility to the household (bills, kids, etc), why does it matter what you spend it on?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Y'all married men are whipped and cowardly. Be like Uncle Nine. Take his example.

https://youtu.be/nQBNyN6D_H0

Couldn't find English subs for this clip but the jist of it is a group of married men are having fun with PR girls at a fancy nightclub until a stampede of their wives start marching in. He sacrifices himself by telling the others to leave since he was already revealed.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Some of you guys are funny too with what you tell your wives... I used to work with a guy who would use 3, 4, or even 5 credit cards to pay for new/upgrade his electronics gear. He said he did it so his wife would never know what things actually cost him, so he spread it out over the cards to look like smaller cheaper purchases.... Learn from your elders.... Wise men some can be. And is it really lying?? Or merely saving her from her own emotions?? :lol

It's a double standard. Women spend hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars on their silly designer purses while we spend our cash on wondrous works of art. Fair game.

It's a double standard. Women spend hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars on their silly designer purses while we spend our cash on wondrous works of art. Fair game.

Lying to each other is fair game? Is it really that difficult to act like an adult to talk to each other about stuff?

My wife had me tag along for a LulaRoe party (stretchy pants)/

They didn't know she was with me and the seller said "want me to put a note that this was a gift so your husband doesn't bust you for buying stuff?"

Ugh. I don't care what she buys but that is ridiculous.

Back