1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, I'll ask why not? There is no evidence that it will be pushed back as you say just as there is no evidence it will definitely be released in May. We just have to wait and be pleasantly surprised. I'll stick with my glass half full and say I expect it to come out in the next couple months.

I'm going to put it all on red and say it will be out in HK before Memorial day

BTW, the same eBay seller that I won my Hulkbuster auction from has a few more up if anyone else wants to join me in seeing if they will actually get fulfilled:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/fantomesix?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

My eBay pro-tip is to bid with about 3 seconds left, and make it an odd amount that's $1-2 more than the increments of the automatic bid amounts. I would say I've won about 90% of the stuff I bid on that way, and often my max bid will win by only $1.

BTW, the same eBay seller that I won my Hulkbuster auction from has a few more up if anyone else wants to join me in seeing if they will actually get fulfilled:

My eBay pro-tip is to bid with about 3 seconds left, and make it an odd amount that's $1-2 more than the increments of the automatic bid amounts. I would say I've won about 90% of the stuff I bid on that way, and often my max bid will win by only $1.

You would never win an auction with me. My bot would snipe you with ease hanging 3 seconds. :lol My Ebay pro tip is get a bot and set to 1+max over bid.

What did you end up buying the HB for from the seller?

Thanks for sharing this.

So what are the odds this is a scam?

:gah:

You would never win an auction with me. My bot would snipe you with ease hanging 3 seconds. :lol My Ebay pro tip is get a bot and set to 1+max over bid.

What did you end up buying the HB for from the seller?

Lol, that also assumes that you don't have a set highest price you're willing to pay, which I always do. Only times I lose auctions are when they sell for prices well past what I'm willing to pay, I never just lose by a couple bucks or anything. So I think I'm doing fine, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good price. Hopefully it doesn't arrive with a broken arm. I don't think I'd want to go through that hassle to save some minimum money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not much too see here in my opinion -- this seller is clearly a scam. I think anyone unwilling to pay full price for this guy is going home empty handed.

I think you and I have very different definitions of the word "clearly" lol. Could be, for sure. But to paraphrase Obi-Wan, my intuition has always served me well and I'm no stranger to finding pretty awesome, legit deals on eBay. Worst case scenario is it never ships once it releases from Hong Kong, I file a PayPal dispute and get my money back, then decide if I really want to plop down the extra cash to order from Sideshow while we wait for it to hit the U.S. I shall keep everyone updated.

I hope you get it.

I feel it's a scam though. How often do you see sellers offer auctions for Hot Toys that haven't released yet? I understand you can get your money back but personally, it'd bother me that I "supported" a fraud :lol

I think you and I have very different definitions of the word "clearly" lol. Could be, for sure. But to paraphrase Obi-Wan, my intuition has always served me well and I'm no stranger to finding pretty awesome, legit deals on eBay. Worst case scenario is it never ships once it releases from Hong Kong, I file a PayPal dispute and get my money back, then decide if I really want to plop down the extra cash to order from Sideshow while we wait for it to hit the U.S. I shall keep everyone updated.

Fair enough and I hope it all works out for ya! I've just had one too many negative experiences with this type of seller and PayPal to throw the dice around with that much cash on the table. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself "why would anyone ever have an item item up for a PO for less than retail?".

I hope it works out.

On a other note, the seller can always drop off the face of the earth considering PayPal has no way to track down a Chinese national.

Good luck to you though.

Well I think it will all probably be a moot point anyway since I for sure will have to cancel it if it doesn't release before my 6 month PayPal protection ends. And let's be honest, that's highly likely, ha.

I'm curious, have you had bad experiences on eBay with sellers like this that have been members for 5 or so years and 100% feedback? He's also sold a few buy it now figures for well above retail, like $725 Hulkbusters, and I believe in Hong Kong it retails for around U.S. $600.

We'll see. I give it 40:60 it will come through. With the available protections I think it's worth the chance.

I hope it works out.

On a other note, the seller can always drop off the face of the earth considering PayPal has no way to track down a Chinese national.

Good luck to you though.

That's...that's not how any of this works, lol. For example, if someone steals your credit card, the credit card company doesn't have to first track down the thief and get the money they spent back before they can remove the fraudulent charges from your bill. No, that reimbursement/account protection is part of the credit card service. Same with PayPal and their buyer protection service.

That's...that's not how any of this works, lol. For example, if someone steals your credit card, the credit card company doesn't have to first track down the thief and get the money they spent back before they can remove the fraudulent charges from your bill. No, that reimbursement/account protection is part of the credit card service. Same with PayPal.

Got it. I've never been scammed as a buyer so no experience.

Got it. I've never been scammed as a buyer so no experience.

You've never had your credit card number stolen? That's incredibly lucky. Last time someone got mine was right after I used it to buy gas one time (which is a known way to swipe someone's number).

Well I think it will all probably be a moot point anyway since I for sure will have to cancel it if it doesn't release before my 6 month PayPal protection ends. And let's be honest, that's highly likely, ha.

I'm curious, have you had bad experiences on eBay with sellers like this that have been members for 5 or so years and 100% feedback? He's also sold a few buy it now figures for well above retail, like $725 Hulkbusters, and I believe in Hong Kong it retails for around U.S. $600.

We'll see. I give it 40:60 it will come through. With the available protections I think it's worth the chance.

The Hong Kong price for this is 5800 HKD -- or $745 USD. Shipping will cost the seller around $85. I just feel that anyone selling this (especially as a PO) for anything less than $800 should be eyed with some serious suspicion.

As for being burned by five year sellers -- for sure. You have no way of knowing if this has been his account all along. It's not uncommon for scammers to acquire other people's legit accounts for a small fee.

I'd give this a seller a 9/10 on the scam-o-meter.

Back