1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it miraculously wasn't lol I literally jumped for joy

If I were getting this, I would hope that it would have a beautiful worn and torn paint job that we've been seeing on armors lately. that way any defect with the paint won't stick out like a sore thumb as it would with a pristine version.

Also if I were getting this, I'd definitely want the ability to fit a full figure in there. I'd love to have it displayed as if the 43 is flying into it, or is stepping out of it.

So if we cancel this with SS we only lose the nrd correct? Not cancellation fees on top of that?

I worry about the quality control on this figure. There are a lot of parts that could go wrong. I still remember desperately waiting to go home and see if my batmobile was scratched or not

Totally agree. $900 is a lot to throw down and look at how whiplash 2 turned out. Look at the electronics for Darth Vader. I also don't think there are going to be many posing options for this, you're going to need the feet flat on the surface unless you have stand made of steel to support this. Then there is the reality that this is going to need a custom display case to be shown off properly. I think it's more trouble than it's worth. However I still would love to have one.

So if we cancel this with SS we only lose the nrd correct? Not cancellation fees on top of that?

Why don't you just ask SS?

From my understanding, they were only offering refunds for a limited time after the delay announcement.

Again, just ask SS. Makes more sense than asking a forum.

The amount of times I nearly cancelled as the money I spent would get me a few quality figures. But so far I've stayed strong as I kind of think this is something that people will regret not getting, sort of like the '89 batmobile and tumbler etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The amount of times I nearly cancelled as the money I spent would get me a few quality figures. But so far I've stayed strong as I kind of think this is something that people will regret not getting, sort of like the '89 batmobile and tumbler etc

I've only got the NRD tied up and I'm hanging in there as well; I'm really trying to get a handle on collecting HT because of my space limitations and am focusing on single/main characters, not multiple Captain America's for example; even though I have several IM figures, this will be unique to them all and the perfect complement to my MK 43, which I consider THE IM in my collection. My Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker IM will eventually get boxed when I need the space for another main character and I'm eagerly anticipating some sort of status update and pics for the newly designed HB.

Plus GST if it doesn't arrive before July '17. I'm surprised internationals would have ordered this from SSC.

I really want this as my grail piece and it sold out locally before I got into the hobby, so I yolo'ed from SSC with my first purchase and got 5% off which came to approx $40.

What's gonna happen after July 17?? [emoji27] I did some googling, is it the low value import gst?

I really want this as my grail piece and it sold out locally before I got into the hobby, so I yolo'ed from SSC with my first purchase and got 5% off which came to approx $40.

What's gonna happen after July 17?? [emoji27] I did some googling, is it the low value import gst?
Yeah anything over $20 will get taxed. But I guess this would still be over 1K anyway in the end so would likely get taxed anyway.

Right makes sense seeing as it had sold out locally - though it is back again at Popcultcha for pre order, most likely had cancellations due to the delay.

Yeah anything over $20 will get taxed. But I guess this would still be over 1K anyway in the end so would likely get taxed anyway.

Right makes sense seeing as it had sold out locally - though it is back again at Popcultcha for pre order, most likely had cancellations due to the delay.

Oh damn I didn't realise it's back up for PO at popcultcha, considering the uncertainty on shipping and gst, it might actually make sense to cancel with SSC and buy it locally. Thanks for the heads up, I'll sleep on it tonight and make a decision tomorrow

Oh damn I didn't realise it's back up for PO at popcultcha, considering the uncertainty on shipping and gst, it might actually make sense to cancel with SSC and buy it locally. Thanks for the heads up, I'll sleep on it tonight and make a decision tomorrow

Import/customs duty will be around 15% on top of the price through Sideshow. Anything over $1000 AUD gets slugged. Better deal locally through popcultcha for sure. Plus free shipping.

Just tried a pre-order through their site. Still no dice !!!

Last edited:

Plus always good to support a local business. :)

I got a 10% off coupon for this when I added him to my cart and used it. So I guess SS wants to move these

I think it's random or part of Spooktacular because I just tried it and did not get an automatic discount in the cart.

I really don't expct this to sell out prior to US customers having it hand. I see this sort of like Whiplash II where I'm priced out and then it turns out they don't sell that well and the price drops. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I think it's random or part of Spooktacular because I just tried it and did not get an automatic discount in the cart.

Clear your browsing history, add the HB to your cart, wait a minute or so, and then hover your mouse over the search bar.

You should get a discount code or something

Back