1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skillerwhale, i'm glad you have empathy for others and brought up a valid concern. What motux said may come out harsh/offensive, but hey that's his straight-shooter style. A realistic collector who gives his 2-cents on business decisions, material properties and is overall informative. While i do have a slight concern with his frequent CAPS usage of "NOT" it does come off sounding condescending or pessimistic. More power to those who know their stuff albeit some level of bias opinions. But hey! everyone's got their "Oh Pin-ions"

For example, a while back I asked members about my HB mod plans: UV glow-in-the-dark paint. He brought up a valid point about possible discoloration and damage to plastics due to chemical reactions + UV rays. On the contrary, Bransen2099 posted a UV spectrum chart proving that consumer UV lights shouldn't effect humans nor plastics. Nonetheless, motux brought up a possible factor i have not considered, however it's appreciated. It doesn't mean one is entirely right, but in the end we just need to understand each member's intentions.

I hope they do something really special with the packaging,maybe featuring the HUD schematics.I remember when they boxed the original Mark one in a wooden crate sleeve.That was inspired.

I hope they do something really special with the packaging,maybe featuring the HUD schematics.I remember when they boxed the original Mark one in a wooden crate sleeve.That was inspired.
I hope so too.. But I think they will continue the AOU line of box art... But hope that it will be package like an DX or die cast

What would really blow me away is if HT HB is encased by an even larger Hulkbuster cardboard model. We simply unbox the product by opening the printed cardboard chest & helmet.

I'd be a little surprised and extremely disappointed if that was the case. This is a big figure for them, fingers crossed they go the extra mile! :pray:

If it's on par -or- better than King Art's box design, I will give HT a standing ovation :clap

34bbb46de607371c8dcf3c62a11547c1.jpg
stock-vector-russian-dolls-matrioshka-russian-nested-doll-babushka-doll-russian-souvenir-present.jpg
Behold...the Russian Doll Matrioshka

Also on the subject of boxing it will be like many other super premium figures like the HT Batmobiles. Riddled with styrofoam and a normal box with a pic of the hulkbuster on it maybe like IM3 diecast pics.

Really hopeful that this release will be a huge one with pleasant surprises (additional arm..ahem) and beautiful packaging. It's the most expensive hot toys figure ever released till date. Can't blame us collectors for having a much higher expectations with this figurine.

Really hopeful that this release will be a huge one with pleasant surprises (additional arm..ahem) and beautiful packaging. It's the most expensive hot toys figure ever released till date. Can't blame us collectors for having a much higher expectations with this figurine.

Expecting more then they have promised is asking for disappointment.

HT had once announced the hammer hand and veronica accessories on their faceboook.
but still no official confirmation on whether the accessories is coming with hulkbuster free or
need to purchase separately. i think the closer it gets to the release date without further notice, the
higher the probability that its free! am i right?

HT had once announced the hammer hand and veronica accessories on their faceboook.
but still no official confirmation on whether the accessories is coming with hulkbuster free or
need to purchase separately. i think the closer it gets to the release date without further notice, the

I can hardly imagine HT will give it us for free. Otherwise it would be on the HB detail page.

I can imagine they could go with a "Veronica pack" (including the arm) like the Batman Armory or a collectors version of the HB.

Announced? It was just a teaser image and then displayed for a toy show. What about the 1/6 Millenium Falcon displayed last year? :lol

Hot_Toys_Veronica__scaled_600.jpg

Checked the infos about veronica:

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/news.php?newsID=203

"Many fans can probably remember Hot Toys has recently mentioned there will be more in store for our’ 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure, and now we have a sneak preview of what just one of those will be."

Sounds like they plan to sell it as single item. "More in store" doesn´t sounds to me like comes with the HB.

Edit: already having a disscussion about this:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159870

Back