1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have space for a few of these; I already have the 1/4 Scale Endoskeleton and will be getting the 66 Batmobile when it comes out.
jlaw-okay.gif

This hobby is a waiting game like no other. I never thought I would be planning 2 years ahead to display something I saw 2 years in the past that I hope to buy at some point in the future for an undisclosed amount of money.

I'm finally getting my head around this now in terms of budgeting and schedule. I never paid for anything on layaway before, but that is what makes the Hulkbuster so attractive to me. I could never, in good conscience, allow myself to spend $900.00 on one shot on a toy.

So it looks like the Hulk Buster will make a return in Civil War. I wonder if it is the MK45, a new version, or an update Mk 45 to cater for the Mk46 (47,48,... etc) armour inside.

Will be interesting to see if we need to make space for 2 of them, or if an upgrade set will be available to present the option on which movie version to display. The movie will be out before the figure so hopefully the alternatives can be considered and make this a more amazing piece.

Either way, this is one figure that I am very happy to have on pre-order.

Some of those display cabinet prices are just stupid expensive. I have custom built shelves in my collection room and that wrap around the entire room and even under the window, that was only $3000. Just find a local builder and have them build something for you or better yet, if you can, build it yourself. Custom stuff to me is always better than store bought pieces. You can customize each and every inch of your shelves/cabinet and have it like you want it.

So it looks like the Hulk Buster will make a return in Civil War. I wonder if it is the MK45, a new version, or an update Mk 45 to cater for the Mk46 (47,48,... etc) armour inside.

Will be interesting to see if we need to make space for 2 of them, or if an upgrade set will be available to present the option on which movie version to display. The movie will be out before the figure so hopefully the alternatives can be considered and make this a more amazing piece.

hulk buster mkii is coming? I read is that there will be an epic fight like hulkbuster and the hulk but it's not.. It's hulk and another being.

'Captain America: Civil War' Spoiler: Details To Hulk's Appearance And Possible New 'Hulkbuster' Fight Scene

But will be cool to have another HB but I doubt so..

Who would buy two hulkbusters? :slap :lol

Thinking about getting those jewelry display case for this & the hulk or the avengers.
Glass Laminate Door Cabinets | Four Foot Wide Display Cases

Unless you want to stick something on top of it, can I recommend you go taller? They tend to be a little narrower, but you get all that height with which to play.

I have 3 of these.

https://www.metrodisplay.com.au/showcase/Cabinets_Large_Photos/MSC-242_Black.asp

I like them (even if the doors scare the piss out of me), but they're really effective. And they have a little cavity underneath in which to store bases/unused accessories. :D

Definitely have plans to get this bad boy, but also definitely won't preorder it. If it sells before it's released, oh well. I won't be too heart broken and will have all this extra money to get 3-4 other figures.

Back