1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything with parts moving on its own will give out, it's a matter of time. I feel bad for people who PO that :lol

Anything with parts moving on its own will give out, it's a matter of time. I feel bad for people who PO that :lol

I agree, I prefer the simpler builds. If anything ever went wrong with the motors, lights, or anything, I wouldn't be able to look at it without having a depressed sinking feeling.

Not only that but the sheer size. No way that thing is under 3k. Probably more. It's 4foot tall.

It's the same one from the premier. It looks fantastic and all. Just don't see it getting a large release.

Not only that but the sheer size. No way that thing is under 3k. Probably more. It's 4foot tall.

It's the same one from the premier. It looks fantastic and all. Just don't see it getting a large release.
I think it would have made for a cool bust. Not sure how they plan on mass producing that as a whole figure.

Should have just made the chest piece a bust while also having the motorized feature.

I think it would have made for a cool bust. Not sure how they plan on mass producing that as a whole figure.

Should have just made the chest piece a bust while also having the motorized feature.

Never even considered that. Good idea. That would be cool.

It's to bad they lost the 1/6 license they had (PI). A 1/6 version of it would have been worth the extra money for all that. My biggest issues is they continue to show Protos and are still not actually making stuff. They have done like 9 total figures since they acquired the marvel license in 2006. But nearly 450 shown prototypes.

via Rorkstar:

attachment.php

I've been kinda sorta regretting having preordered it, I just feel it wasn't as memorable for me in the film... but HOLY COW, this is pretty awesome. I Don't know if this is the Hot Toys or the King Arts one, as a good description in the video is lacking...

https://youtu.be/0zDJcoqP5GE?list=PLCRHG7EIFlDqNKhYbtg5Pwt3E0G_kOpf4

With all these motorized parts... Is it still going to be battery powered? I'm hoping it is also A/C or D/C wall plug.

Will you actually regret it when actionfury guy tweeted that the comicave version is 8k to $11k lol....go check his tweet. His pretty reliable and knows his stuff given he work is blogging about this stuff.

Even if he is wrong, there is no way a motorised version of hulkbuster will be same or less expensive than the hot toys one. Double or triple would be a minimum...I was thinking perhaps $3k to $5k...

I really wonder how would a motorised figurine bring more value to it. I think the fact that it's 1/4 scale is already impressive enough and with even more details and replaceable battle damage part (and a competitive price), they could make hot toys a good run for their money. The motorised part not only increase their price, QC problem and packaging. And as a collector, I don't think we will keep opening and closing the figure unless you intend to place a sensor in front and when it detects someone walk pass, it will activate the movement. Haha..

Will you actually regret it when actionfury guy tweeted that the comicave version is 8k to $11k lol....go check his tweet. His pretty reliable and knows his stuff given he work is blogging about this stuff.

Even if he is wrong, there is no way a motorised version of hulkbuster will be same or less expensive than the hot toys one. Double or triple would be a minimum...I was thinking perhaps $3k to $5k...

Wow. I wasn't thinking anywhere near that price. Half that maybe. At that price I doubt they would sell 10. It is pretty cool though. You almost never see that level of mechanization on production items. It's gotta have some insane electronics in it. For a toy anyway. Which I'm not sure that qualifies for.

I guess everything that can be said about the HT HB has already been said...no post-SDCC comments at all?! :slap Has anyone that attended SDCC regretted putting it on PO, or happy they have it on PO?

Haha this is the farthest out I've preordered anything ... reminds me that I'll have to deal with another long, dreadful winter before it comes.

Back