1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUICK. Someone convince me to buy this. Lol

Picture this battle taking place on your shelf...
0af1zrf.png

TYxupPn.gif

Not saying this isnt awesome, it is. but its just too impractical for me to buy... I want it so bad, but have little space, and should I ever decide to resell it would just be a huge headache, add that our dollar being low brings this guy to a whopping $1100 ... before shipping... just cannot fathom ever justifying that to myself. at least Hasbro is doing one

I will be happy if I can buy atleast one leg off eBay. Have my hulk holding it as a victory stance.

Not saying this isnt awesome, it is. but its just too impractical for me to buy... I want it so bad, but have little space, and should I ever decide to resell it would just be a huge headache, add that our dollar being low brings this guy to a whopping $1100 ... before shipping

Worth. :exactly: :lecture

:lol @ some of you thinking this will ever see a 40% off YA need to pass whatever it is YA smokin

BBTS was selling some 89 batmobiles for about 30% off.......................they were damaged returns but if the same thing happen with the HB you could tell your friends you have the $575 BD version :lol

If there ever is a 30-40% off (which I am sure there won't be) I will cancel and loose my NRD and re-order with the discount which would still net me savings. Seeing as how I can see that I am sure SideShow can as well and I HIGHLY doubt that will occur. I also don't think this is going to be a mass produced thing as people are predicting. I may be wrong I am not a toy guru or even a business guru I just don't agree with the approach some people are trying to push forth. Time will tell and either way I have my pre order in and am looking forward to this.

I dont own a single Marvel figure right now..but this figure looks so amazing..better stay far away from this thread for my own good.

But...Hulkbuster, Mark 3 Diecast and Tony Stark figure would make simple yet amazing display. After that I will probably end up buying entire Avengers and go bankrupt for awhile :D

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

I agree. If pre-orders are very low. There will be a low production size and thus the figure will be even harder to find. Just a guess on my part. I am getting this to go with my avengers hulk. Luckily the wait is long...

If it is one thing HT is great at it is making stunning IM armors (they had a LOT of practice doing it :lol) and i am sure this will be an amazing piece in hand, really looking forward to this one. I will have about $300 in reward points in a couple months and i will happily PO it then. That will bring the Flex payments down to about $58.

I agree. If pre-orders are very low. There will be a low production size and thus the figure will be even harder to find. Just a guess on my part. I am getting this to go with my avengers hulk. Luckily the wait is long...

not entirely how it works... they need to produce a minimum number to go into production with it, if the orders are too low theyll cancel it, or take a huge gamble producing it and hoping they sell later,

Depends on the size though. Numbers range can vary. As all their figures are supposedly limited (not lately), it would be safe to say something of this size and cost would have a lower production run. They just have to make enough to hit either profit or at least production cost. No way will they cancel this. They have yet to cancel anything despite low demand. Figures like ichobad crane and the crow had lower production runs too. It would be bad business to say okay we need to make 10,000 when the demand is around 2000 and hope they sell later. Just a thought.

I do agree about the minimum number but people are forgetting this figure will not be as unpopoular depsite the price as one may think. This will sell. Scalpers will buy this up if they feel it will be hard to find after the production run ends.

I dont own a single Marvel figure right now..but this figure looks so amazing..better stay far away from this thread for my own good.

But...Hulkbuster, Mark 3 Diecast and Tony Stark figure would make simple yet amazing display. After that I will probably end up buying entire Avengers and go bankrupt for awhile :D

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

I gotta admit... my pre-ordered Mk 43 and Hulkbuster would look good next to each other in some display...

No... no.... not going there! lol... :panic:

Depends on the size though. Numbers range can vary. As all their figures are supposedly limited (not lately), it would be safe to say something of this size and cost would have a lower production run. They just have to make enough to hit either profit or at least production cost. No way will they cancel this. They have yet to cancel anything despite low demand. Figures like ichobad crane and the crow had lower production runs too. It would be bad business to say okay we need to make 10,000 when the demand is around 2000 and hope they sell later. Just a thought.

I do agree about the minimum number but people are forgetting this figure will not be as unpopoular depsite the price as one may think. This will sell. Scalpers will buy this up if they feel it will be hard to find after the production run ends.

If they planned for 1000 and only had po's for 10? they would cancel it, its stupid not too, I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE :lol

but I dont see it shooting up in value later... If people cant swallow $850 now they arent gunna go for $1500 a year later...

as for scalpers, very slim possibility, its a huge investment for a murky future and they may end up stuck with it

not entirely how it works... they need to produce a minimum number to go into production with it, if the orders are too low theyll cancel it, or take a huge gamble producing it and hoping they sell later,

True. But not entirly the case. Hot toys has a deal with authorized retailers and distributors that at a certain point fixes/locks the amount of orders in on certain product.so for example if store X wants to sell product W at all they have to commit to a certain number. Even if they don't sell preorder wise the store still pays, usually thru the distribution network, their full wholesale price and hot toys has money no matter how they sell. It works much the same for its distributors but at a larger number with a quicker deadline. And for a place like sideshow they commit to X number and after three-five months(ish), that covers their sales and those smaller places that order thru their distrubution channel, like BBTS and monkey depot and so on. So that way hot toys no longer has as much risk. They do risk loosing partners if something really bombs and stores eat the costs. And is why some retailers (I won't name names but those that ordered starboost may know) that get behind paying sideshow for product end up last in line because they committed to a bunch of sales and had people back out or over estimated retail sales.

For a product like HB they will calculate how many they need to sell at a certain price long before it goes up for PO and will plan on running that number plus the regular CS stock and a few extras, unless early preorder numbers show a larger then expected sales forecast. They have been at this long enough to have an established buying pattern they go by.

They might not make a profit if they do not sell as many as they hoped to. Every business has produced something that they have lost money on (cars, movies, computers, toys, games, etc). You come up with an idea, engineer it, produce it and put it up for sale and it flops, it just part of doing business. Something else will sell better than expected and help make up the lost money from the other project.

If they planned for 1000 and only had po's for 10? they would cancel it, its stupid not too, I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE :lol

but I dont see it shooting up in value later... If people cant swallow $850 now they arent gunna go for $1500 a year later...

as for scalpers, very slim possibility, its a huge investment for a murky future and they may end up stuck with it

Tell that to the people who happily blow 2500$ on a pair of 350$ Yeezys bro.

If they make these a low numbered run and they dry out fast, best believe some will bite the bullet to have this in their collection, specially when Jango comes through with his photos and IF the final product ends up being amazing...collectors will buy

If they make these a low numbered run and they dry out fast, best believe some will bite the bullet to have this in their collection, specially when Jango comes through with his photos and IF the final product ends up being amazing...collectors will buy

im not saying they wont, Im just saying "IF" the numbers were too low in the first place at "X" then its seems weird that people would then pay "XX" a year later... Some will sure, but I doubt it will be a huge increase. days of secondary prices (especially on non exclusives) are over, hot toys now preemptively charges that :D

Agreed. Don't even have to go that far. How bout the guy on this site that just dropped a G, 1000usd, on a origins logan a week ago, not even knowing if it's real. Or the people paying 800 for a 150 dollar leonidas. And so on.

To all the people who say they can't afford this I just had a thought. Since the figure is roughly 2 years away, I would say that it one were to save a dollar every day till this finally gets released then one would very likely be able to afford this...just a random thought...:impatient:

Back