1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that price is a bar raiser. Nothing could warrant that price. Pure fill our pockets with the fanboys money, situation.

This is one of those times it will pay to bargain hunt or wait it out. Sideshow lures in the early commitment knuckleheads (like me) who pay full price with 1X RPs. Then six-nine months down the road they offer 10% off ($80) or 2X RPs and those who ordered up front are trapped in NRD land. I'm also waiting out Ultron Prime only because I know that's not going anywhere. I'll order when the first deal or fake sellout pops up. The only ones I plan to get day 1 are Vision, Thor, Ultron Drones (hopefully red and blue 2-packs) and MK45 (knew that was coming). I'll get the others as well but no rush.

That said I'm looking forward to adding Hulkbuster to the collection. Kudos to Hot toys for both producing it and putting it up so fast (now where's the '66 Batmobile)

Blarg. Was hoping for $750. I'll have close to $500 in RP later in the year so I may pull the trigger then. Will see how I feel after the movie.

It takes a little crazy to be in this hobby, but this one is too far. I just can't justify this one. Look forward to seeing it in others' collections though.

Oh well, too bad, by the time this actually comes out, probably will have no interest in it anymore. I'll just drool over pics of it.

I'd say the price is too high for the casual IM fan but if one's a big admirer of this armour, I don't think it's that bad. As a SW collector, would I rather have SSC Hoth Han/Luke and a Tauntaun or this? If I was forced to buy one or the other, I'd choose Hulkbuster w/o a moment's hesitation. In-hand it will be extremely impressive and there must've been a ton of R&D and unique casting for it. Plus it's gotta be a relatively low run. Sometimes having one figure is worth more than having three.

Well, $830 is pretty much what I was expecting. A little cheaper actually considering I figured $899. But damn, next summer?

Plenty of time to win it in a contest lol

Where's all the here take my money hot toys people now?

After awhile, you'll find out that after every new PO, the matching thread will be primarily filled with whining about price or inaccuracies for a about a week or two, not to mention the people that go out of their way to voice their over-all displeasure with it... Personally, I subscribe to the concept of ignoring threads of figures I don't want instead of flooding them with useless negative comments.

So far I haven't seen anyone bitching about the figure itself (besides people who don't actually like it) because the thing is a masterpiece. I just wish they had a way to get this to us sooner...
We'll be watching Civil War before we have this BA in hand.

Just watched the new AOU trailer, badass!!
Was that the mark 45 at the end?

image.jpg

I don't get the NRD scoffing. Should anyone that will even notice paying $82.50 or $100 be buying an $825.00 toy (maybe close to $1k with shipping/taxes)? Think of how many people would preorder this knowing that they can't afford it and then cancel when it comes due, leaving guys like BBTS and SSC with a ton of overstock.

Surprised to see how many people are laughing and scoffing at the price. Usually I see nothing but "preordered" in here. Good, it's a relief.

I'm still waiting for Hot Toys' first $1,000 item. We gotta be close.

Not sure what it could be unless it is larger than 1/6 scale, a set of multiple figures (like the rumored Guardians full set), a large vehicle or diorama.

The only thing I can think of might be a Marvel Giant Man. A Sentinel or Galactus would be too big to be made in 1/6 scale I would think. I suppose Giant Man might be too big too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back