1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh so what you said is not correct then? You said the differences where cheek bones and eyes and eyebrows. So now you are saying that's not the case.

If they are consistent then please explain the parts of the photos I highlighted/circled.

And as I've said...it's not that I do not see what you are pointing out. I just don't think you are 100% correct. You say the ultimate all the same. The prime all the same. I've pointed out several notable differences. More pronounced then anything you quoted as differences to tell the two versions apart. You have yet to explain the issues I bring up. You just keep repeating the same thing.

If you can't see that both those shots of Ultimate are the same and all the other pics of Prime are the same then there's nothing I can say or do to make you think otherwise. If you don't see two consistent designs and nothing more the only thing that can convince you is watching the movie and HT making Ultimate into a figure.

Yes because announcing you're the one who is right after a lengthy argument always sorts it out :rotfl

Yep. It's fine. His whole argument was "it's obvious"..and "everyone" knows. And then says the differences are not in the detail, it's just there.

I have yet to have anyone explain any of the things I pointed out. I Have not said that the two versions are for sure not ultimate and prime. I said the reasons given as explanations are not valid. The larger armor on the chest is a much more valid point then one has strong eyebrows or deeper eyes.

Ultrons face has unique variations in EVERY single seperate image and screen grab. I explained why those subtle (and a few medium) variations in facial apperance can not be used as a valid argument for differentiate the two versions.

It's like getting a screen grab of a stunt actor in a movie and claiming he is a different version/character becuase there are differences in the costume and face. Or saying you know exactly how the film is and which character is which and when a sequence happens becuase you watched a trailer...it's like saying you know exatly how a production figure will look based on the prototype. It may look the same. But it's probable there will be changes.

walking away before this gets worse :rotfl
586f20fc324b73d53357cee367e21c18.gif

If you can't see that both those shots of Ultimate are the same and all the other pics of Prime are the same then there's nothing I can say or do to make you think otherwise. If you don't see two consistent designs and nothing more the only thing that can convince you is watching the movie and HT making Ultimate into a figure.

Again...if they are the same what's up with the eyes? Just repeating "if you can't see they are" is not an actual explanation. Please actually answer the question. Address the things I circled.

You are continually assuming I don't or can't see what you see. In fact I see it and a hundred other things. I have continued to point out that just becuase it appears like there are two seperate heads becuase of the differences you pointed out, does not mean they are for sure seperate or different in the film.

Ultrons face has unique variations in EVERY single seperate image and screen grab. I explained why those subtle (and a few medium) variations in facial apperance can not be used as a valid argument for differentiate the two versions.

His facial expressions changing don't equate to twelve "unique" designs. There are two designs. Prime and Ultimate. Prime in the caps is seen in various expressions. Ultimate is seen in two.

There is no inconsistency here in the designs. This argument began with you stating Prime and Ultimate's faces were the same and that a combination of unfinished shots, practical shots, prototype shots, etc...were making it seem like the faces were different.

They are different. Prime looks one way and Ultimate another.

What are the differences you see? The screen grabs don't appear to be definitive so it would be interesting to hear what differences you are seeing. I've not read the entire thread so forgive me if you've already noted these.

I think if there are any noted facial differences in the Prime, for example, these are possibly down to what appears to be shifting 'plates' that make up his face that allow him to be more expressive. This increases and decreases gaps along his forehead and temples and around his eyes and 'nose', it seems.

Putting my cards on the table I'm very confident there are 3 iterations of the main 'Ultron' in the movie, Mk1, Prime and 'Ultimate'.

Oh, I thought that was Optimum Ultron... Prime.

no thats actually the 3rd form, although any Ultron carrying the Model 101 designation is Optimum, and then Optimus Ultron is the 5th version, nicknamed 'Johnny', not to be confused we the E variant 'Wall'

Dunno if this theory has been brought up here............But does anyone think in the final fight, maybe in his last moments, Ultron will be battle damaged to the point that what's under his vibranium shell is mangled, leading to the red glow in his body radiating through his still in-tact Vibranium casing (see manip below)

1428095799367.jpg

At first I thought this was just wishful fan-thinking, but it makes a lot of sense when you look at Ult. Ultron's lego toy

16372644669_6ace5661f3_b.jpg

This is what I think, I'm guessing ultron will have his face blasted and the eyes and mouth pieces will be blown off leaving us with what looks to be the classic ultron look. I can see that being why Hot Toys hasn't announced Ultimate ultron yet as I can see him coming with two heads and Marvel probably doesn't want to spoil anything from the end of the movie.

Just my speculation though.

Actually, all of you guys are right in regards to the fixes on Ultron's face. It's a combination of things, 1) The head and neck are too small in proportion to his body. 2) The lines around his mouth are too thick, they need to be hairline thin, and 3) The eyebrows definitely need to be more curved for that menacing affect. I hope a HT rep is checking out this thread! It will be extremely well done with these fixes!
Thanks for that. I agree that this figure would be amazing with these changes. Let's hope HT takes note!

Back