1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Not a knock against your previous posts but this one (and the one you replied to me with) actually make a lot more sense and I can see where you're coming from in this regard.

I was going to post earlier when those two were arguing, "wheres Ronri when you need him" :rotfl :clap

Not the same.

20thv7s.jpg

Oh wow the Ultimate (right) version looks so much more imposing imo...can't wait to see it on screen! Prime looks scared or something in the pic on the left :lol

I was going to post earlier when those two were arguing, "wheres Ronri when you need him" :rotfl :clap
Haha thanks, I do try my best. :hi5:

Oh wow the Ultimate (right) version looks so much more imposing imo...can't wait to see it on screen! Prime looks scared or something in the pic on the left :lol
I don't think it's so much Prime is scared and more like insulted at Cap's attempt to fend off against him. :lol

I'm just not a fan of Ultimate Ultron, bigger does not always mean more imposing. But that's just me. It's kinda like those guys that get too buffed up and just kinda look ridiculous.

The way I see it, Ultron Prime is like a skinless man walking around with exposed muscle. You can see clear through his body in some areas like the mid-section, and you see every moving part in his face, so it's a much more busy design.

Ultimate Ultron (and no, I don't think they will distinguish by these names in-movie) is much more refined. The open gaps in his body, like the mid-section are given extra armour (sort of an ab-like design). Also, the addition of Vibranium "skin" is smoother and brings the face closer to his comic counterpart, especially the eye-holes.

To me, the changes in design absolutely warrant a new figure. I see a lot of complaints about the detail in HT Prime's face. This wouldn't be as much of an issue with an Ultimate Ultron figure since most of these lines are smoothed over in his design.

Once he upgrades to his armored form, Ultron will say "there are no lines on my face..."

Well less. In case motu decides to jump in and correct me. [emoji16]

You posted three, not two.

And there are four or five others used. All with differences.

The first two you posted. I addressed reasons why they may appear different(cgi progression or unfinished or just plain design change, part Pract shot part cgi ect) and your response was "no from same trailer". Which means nothing. Trailers are cobbled together footage. And even if it where all shot on the same day at the same time and then all the cgi added and polished all at once by the same artist..my explanation still works. (Which they where not all done at same time even in same trailer)

Then you posted a third unique photo.

View attachment 178204
View attachment 178205
View attachment 178207
View attachment 178209
View attachment 178210
View attachment 178211

That's 8 heads all with changes. Four of those photos are the ones you posted. All four are different in some way. I posted others just to make my point. One has the antena things reversed even. (The one where he's blasting someone) All screen grabs. I have five or six more. So, are there a dozen versions of ultron? Or, do you think maybe I had a point?

No, you don't have a point because there are only two. You posted four pics of Prime. They may look different to you but to everyone else they look like Prime, the same way everyone else can immediately tell its Ultimate Ultron when they see him in the comparison shots I posted.

For whatever reason you think there's no way of telling which is which, but I can't help you there. Prime is very different from Ultimate.

Also, I'm starting to see the notion of a practical costume is throwing you off and preventing you from identifying the two. The shots I posted of Ultimate are not practical. Its all CGI, man.

I think there's just some silly miscommunication going on here.

Motuxmen, I don't think anyone denied that it's Ultron Prime underneath. I recognize that you're saying how in-universe, it's the same body. The differences that SNIKT1950 is talking about is the design/appearance. You know, the visual cues that separate the two from non-vibranium-coated to vibranium-coated.

Not a different body. Not a different "character". But a different visual design/appearance. It's clear that Ultron Prime's design/appearance looks markedly different with the vibranium finish (that head shot of the two designs are practically night and day there) and that's all they're trying to say. People are only using identifiers such as "Prime" and "Ultimate" to distinguish between the two designs, not necessarily saying they're two separate bodies altogether.

Dude, the guy literally can't tell them apart. That's what it all comes down to.

Hang on, some of those images are a practical suit? (obviously the bright chrome one from Clever Movies is) I thought Ultron would be totally CG, with the practical stuff only used for lighting reference.

Nah, they're CG. Motuxmen is mistaken.

Nah, they're CG. Motuxmen is mistaken.

No I can tell them apart. I just don't jump to the same assumption. I know which one you are "calling" prime and which you are calling "ultimate". I can see the differences you claim are proof of one over the other. All I am saying is you, and everyone else, is speculating based on speculaton. Yes those two look different. But so do the every other photo I posted. Why is it that they have to be two unique versions, but the others are not. I posted a screen grab from a trailer that looks A LOT more unique then the ones you posted, and is not in anyway a practical suit. The one where he is blasting someone. That one has a completly different face pattern. Has the antena pointing backwards instead of forwards. (The cheek bone looking parts)

You keep missing the point of what I am saying. I'm not saying there are not differences. I am saying YOU have absolutely no proof, evidence ect that the cause of those differences is one version is prime and one is ultimate...and that those differences are not a product of film making and variations in cgi and practical effects

You keep acting like I cant see what you mean or I'm an idiot. I see what you point out. That does not mean your assumptions are correct.

And yes, I am correct. But please discount my opinion because there are more of the others.

And yes that photo (the tin guy in a suit) was for lighting. But that does not change anything else. I circled the areas in the photo to look at. The hand. You can see its a human hand in gloves. With pieces stuck on the fingers. The arm pit. The face has two spots. One is the eyes. Look how they are completly flat. The checks are the other. Even if you don't believe me that it's a blended cgi that's not done...you can see its a cgi render that's not completed. Unless it's a whole seperate character. As the close up shots (the face ones) both have those two face areas fully fleshed out.
image.jpg

And this is the other supposed ultimate ultron. The face is different. As different in detail as the two that started this discusion...image.jpg

And what about this one. It's as different as those ones you said prove one is ultimate and one is prime.
image.jpg

As I have said...ALL of these changes could be due to the reasons ive explained a dozen times. Some are fully fleshed out completed CGI renders. Some are early versions not completed when the trailer was put together. Some are cgi with practical. Some are just versions that where changed later due to some own not liking the look. Unless you are Joss Whedon you do not know which is which.

Last edited:
I can't tell if Motux is trolling or not :rotfl I can't tell the difference between those last 2 images, I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks! :yess:

And yes that photo (the tin guy in a suit) was for lighting. But that does not change anything else. I circled the areas in the photo to look at. The hand. You can see its a human hand in gloves. With pieces stuck on the fingers. The arm pit. The face has two spots. One is the eyes. Look how they are completly flat. The checks are the other. Even if you don't believe me that it's a blended cgi that's not done...you can see its a cgi render that's not completed. Unless it's a whole seperate character. As the close up shots (the face ones) both have those two face areas fully fleshed out.
View attachment 178321

And this is the other supposed ultimate ultron. The face is different. As different in detail as the two that started this discusion...View attachment 178322

Dude, those are both Ultimate Ultron.

And what about this one. It's as different as those ones you said prove one is ultimate and one is prime.
View attachment 178323

That's Prime.

Both the Prime and Ultimate looks have been consistent throughout the trailers. Nothing's been improved upon in the last 6 months. Its all been the same since we first saw Prime in trailer I and Ultimate in trailer III.

Back