1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't know if there is going to be another version of Ultron that HT is going to produce beyond U prime. With MK 1, sentry and Prime seems like there is some serious saturation going on. Just don't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, Ultimate is his last form. Hot Toys knows that we'll be crazy about him, and also I wouldnt count Sentry as an Ultron since its just his minion

Yeah they will reveal Ultimate Ultron along with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver at the San Diego Comic Con.

Yeah they will reveal Ultimate Ultron along with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver at the San Diego Comic Con.

Yeah and don't forget the Mark 45. Once the movie is out then Marvel will allow the toy companies to releases the designs to the public. This works out very well for HT actually because they will make more money. People will have pre-ordered and be locked into the Prime and Mark 43 and will also be tempted to grab Ultimate and Mark 45 when they come out. For me I'm just going to wait for the Ultimate to come out because it looks closer to the comics, its face sculpt is much nicer, and I'm sure it will also be the final most beastly iteration.

i love this ultimate ultron much more than the ultron prime, cant wait to get it! :yess:

ultimate ultron.jpg

I still am unconvinced it's not the same body. We do not know if "ultimate" is the "final" form. If his goal is to get more human looking why would his final form be a less human look? Also, that version could very well be Ultron prime with pieces that are just normally hidden (ie they come out in a fight but then receed into his body). I've seen nothing that shows any timeline or that ultimate is never or after prime. Or that the one from the trailer is anything other then prime.

I don't see how people are so certain

Was his goal to look more human from an official source? I remember reading that on here some time ago, but the impression I got is that it was just an assumption. But I do agree that none of us really know yet, just wishful thinking in most cases.

Was his goal to look more human from an official source? I remember reading that on here some time ago, but the impression I got is that it was just an assumption. But I do agree that none of us really know yet, just wishful thinking in most cases.

It's assumption. Based on the characters history. So it could turn out not to be true. But if you look at Mk 1 and prime, he has gone from completely robotic to human quality.

I was just pointing out that I am not sure ultimate ultron is what we have seen. If he is the final, which we don't know, we may not have seen him. Could be he gets shown with the 45. It's possible those photos showing and labled ultimate are spot on. I just don't know how anyone could be close to confident. Lol

Very true... Either way I'd still love it if HT made a figure of that form... It would still be a very welcome surprise for there to be a yet unseen form.

Same here. I'm not one of the people that think there is to much figures. I'd love for there to be 50 figures from every movie (dc,marvel, Sony, fox, ect). Lol

Spoiler/screen grab from latest TV extended spot. Just looks cool-

Spoiler Spoiler:

No, more like it's what he's been doing in the comics and not so much a confirmed source of what will happen in the film.

It should be said though, more commonly in the comics he's almost always looking to make a more durable body, constantly upgrading himself. That said, his desire to create a more humanoid and powerful/transcendent body is treated as something that comes much later in his comic history (specifically in his modern storylines), which is sort of treated as part of his character progression throughout the years. They could very well have kept things simple like the classic iterations of Ultron, with him just seeking out a more durable body without going all the way with the "human" part.

Well, going by the assumption that Ultimate Ultron will be his final form, I can simply see Whedon treating Ultron Prime as his default form while Ultimate Ultron could very well be his new durable body. Figuratively speaking, it's like Ultron Prime will be donning his Iron Man "suit" in the form of Ultimate Ultron, which would make sense in terms of how Ultron Prime looks more humanoid compared to the armored look of Ultimate Ultron. It's a very literal way of depicting Ultron upgrading himself with a more durable body.

With that in mind, it would be very appropriate if Ultron's defeat comes in the form of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I could be wrong though, we won't really know for sure till the movie comes out

No, more like it's what he's been doing in the comics and not so much a confirmed source of what will happen in the film.

It should be said though, more commonly in the comics he's almost always looking to make a more durable body, constantly upgrading himself. That said, his desire to create a more humanoid and powerful/transcendent body is treated as something that comes much later in his comic history (specifically in his modern storylines), which is sort of treated as part of his character progression throughout the years. They could very well have kept things simple like the classic iterations of Ultron, with him just seeking out a more durable body without going all the way with the "human" part.

Well, going by the assumption that Ultimate Ultron will be his final form, I can simply see Whedon treating Ultron Prime as his default form while Ultimate Ultron could very well be his new durable body. Figuratively speaking, it's like Ultron Prime will be donning his Iron Man "suit" in the form of Ultimate Ultron, which would make sense in terms of how Ultron Prime looks more humanoid compared to the armored look of Ultimate Ultron. It's a very literal way of depicting Ultron upgrading himself with a more durable body.

I could be wrong though, we won't really know for sure till the movie comes out
I just don't think it's different enough to constitute a new name or anything. Look at the changes between mk1 and prime. In film making its a big no-no to make different "characters" so similar.

I just don't think it's different enough to constitute a new name or anything. Look at the changes between mk1 and prime. In film making its a big no-no to make different "characters" so similar.
I tend to treat the name "Ultron Prime" more as a way differentiate him from the Sentries. Ultron tends be an egotist with his new forms though, so it would make sense for him to dub himself as "Ultimate Ultron" with his final form even if you might think there's not that many changes to warrant a new name.

Personally, I consider the name "Ultimate Ultron" as a placeholder name until we see other companies using it besides LEGO. That being said, it should be noted that in the most recent comics of "Ultron Forever", the version of Ultron in that comic is literally dubbed as "Ultimate Ultron", possibly to tie it into the film depiction (though hilariously, in the comic his new form is heavily inspired from Odin's armor and he's treated as the new All-Father..... don't ask).

Well the entire concept for 'Ultimate Ultron' is based on the lego sets... Otherwise I think we would all be assuming it's just an upgraded prime.

Well the entire concept for 'Ultimate Ultron' is based on the lego sets... Otherwise I think we would all be assuming it's just an upgraded prime.
:exactly: For all we know, he might just be called Ultron throughout the entire film. "Ultron Prime" and "Ultimate Ultron" could just be official marketing names to help differentiate the two forms.

I tend to treat the name "Ultron Prime" more as a way differentiate him from the Sentries. Ultron tends be an egotist with his new forms though, so it would make sense for him to dub himself as "Ultimate Ultron" with his final form even if you might think there's not that many changes to warrant a new name.

Personally, I consider the name "Ultimate Ultron" as a placeholder name until we see other companies using it besides LEGO. That being said, it should be noted that in the most recent comics of "Ultron Forever", the version of Ultron in that comic is literally dubbed as "Ultimate Ultron", possibly to tie it into the film depiction (though hilariously, in the comic his new form is heavily inspired from Odin's armor and he's treated as the new All-Father..... don't ask).

I get what your saying. And why ultron would call his new form ultimate. Bit what works in comics does not always translate. The film needs to be understood by a huge number of people that don't understand the back story. If you show john and Jane doe, a couple that have never touched a comic, two characters (that's essintially what two names on film come off as) that look identical it's confusing. A lot of people do not notice enough to even tell there are any differences. It's why, or a big part of why, when stark changes suits in film they have completly unique features. It's why the mk4 and 6 had different shaped chest plates and a whole new color on the arms. They could have kept the suit hole shape round. But it didn't read right on film.

This is just my opinion. Obviously. lol and only thing I'm sure of, is there is not enough info to be sure of anything. Lol

Back