1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My edit on the head swap. Sold on the look of it. I got a bad feeling that they're only going to do a bundle deal on the Sentry's though.

16514017051_8a5f0fc1b5_c.jpg

I just can't catch up on 70 pages of this thread today, but I can't help but posting prematurely, so sorry if this has been talked about to death; is it me or the head sculpt is pretty far off?? At least from what we've seen of him so far. There seems to be A LOT more line work on the face design then the few glimpses we've seen.

This figure is pretty cool looking. Not $400 worth of cool though, so im out. Good for all the people that decide to buy this though.

I know that people love "dem metal parts yo", but Ultron being plastic doesn't bother me one bit considering how 90% of 1/6 figures out there are well.... you know, not diecast? I'm just thankful that this didn't reach the $450-$500 mark at all. :monkey4

90% of 1/6 figures are not metal robots. Hot Toys made it possible to make these in Die Cast, cause they rock. Having bought one die cast, I'm not going back to plastic. Well, maybe on Hulkbuster :slap Ultron in die cast would have been a winner. I'm not buying a plastic Ultron. That's just me. Well, if it did have Spaders voice, I might :yess:

90% of 1/6 figures are not metal robots. Hot Toys made it possible to make these in Die Cast, cause they rock. Having bought one die cast, I'm not going back to plastic. Well, maybe on Hulkbuster :slap Ultron in die cast would have been a winner. I'm not buying a plastic Ultron. That's just me. Well, if it did have Spaders voice, I might :yess:

Even the diecast figures have large amounts of plastic. And being diecast does not change the way the figure looks. That is only a function of paint. Ultrons design would have required more plastic then iron man...the way diecast is done is a stamping type process as opposed to an injection mold, and the layers to ultron would have meant diecast would not have worked on large amounts. Not without significant additional work.

Diecast adds a weight to a figure which is nice, and more realistic..but just looking at it you can't tell the difference.

Hot Toys diecast figures are more plastic than diecast (WM, IP and MK42 are about 40% diecast if i remember right) and with the way Ultron is built it probably would have not worked very well. I'm sure they thought about it. I like my diecast IM but my favorite is still the plastic MK6.

Consider the complexity of the ultron, I think generally
HT has done a fantastic job, even the paint job gives
the plastic body quite promising metallic feel. But
just the head sculpt let it down, certainly HT replicated
all the partition lines on the head, but just not refined
enough.

Proto looks infinitely better than I thought it would, and the price tag looks infinitely worse than I thought it would. :lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423818769.607297.jpg

Might not be legit but saw this earlier and it seems legit? If so maybe Ultron prime is not the final form??

Looks to me like the ultimate ultron is in the pic full vibranium coating as I know it's only Lego but you can clearly see a difference between ultimate ultron and ultron prime

Back