1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

I don't think they will show his final form until the premier

I don't think they will show his final form until the premier

I would hope so, but it seems like the one that looks most human would be his final form. So maybe they are hiding the form that he's in for the majority of the movie. Meaning happy red-eye face is his final form for like the last 4 minutes of the movie. Like Whiplash II.

I would hope so, but it seems like the one that looks most human would be his final form. So maybe they are hiding the form that he's in for the majority of the movie. Meaning happy red-eye face is his final form for like the last 4 minutes of the movie. Like Whiplash II.

yeah he'll get more human as he evolves in different forms
so near the end we'll see Spader Ultron
tumblr_inline_mx5uzvyOpF1qgwf3a.gif

The Pinnochio theme works, one might not like the idea of a robot being very emotionally human, but that's what the character is all about. If Whedon is going where I think he's going, Ultron's programming and thought pattern should have some sort of human element to it, which could very well prove to be his downfall (not that he becomes human, but that his existence is inherently flawed due to being based on a human being thus breaking his robo-logic in creating a "human-less" world).

This is like classic Ultron storytelling, so I don't see why that should be a problem though. If anything, going against the idea of Ultron possessing human qualities basically overwrites the most popular aspect of his character. Also considering how much Whedon has been hyping up Spader's mo-cap performance, I'm fairly sure that this is already the final form, and if not, it's probably something much more human (since Ultron's final form in the Annihilation: Conquest comics ended up being exactly that, a humanoid person rather than a robot).

The Pinnochio theme works, one might not like the idea of a robot being very emotionally human, but that's what the character is all about. If Whedon is going where I think he's going, Ultron's programming and thought pattern should have some sort of human element to it, which could very well prove to be his downfall (not that he becomes human, but that his existence is inherently flawed due to being based on a human being thus breaking his robo-logic in creating a "human-less" world).

This is like classic Ultron storytelling, so I don't see why that should be a problem though. If anything, going against the idea of Ultron possessing human qualities basically overwrites the most popular aspect of his character. Also considering how much Whedon has been hyping up Spader's mo-cap performance, I'm fairly sure that this is already the final form, and if not, it's probably something much more human (since Ultron's final form in the Annihilation: Conquest comics ended up being exactly that, a humanoid person rather than a robot).

:goodpost:

theres no emoticon for great post so this will have to do

:goodpost:

that is his final form

Well this trailer totally sold me on Ultron!

I liked the tease of the figure but wasn't so sure on him after the first trailer, but after this one....WOW!

He's a must have!

Well this trailer totally sold me on Ultron!

I liked the tease of the figure but wasn't so sure on him after the first trailer, but after this one....WOW!

He's a must have!

Absolutely! :rock I hope theres an exclusive

Me too!

Here's hoping HT show the full reveal soon too. I get the feeling it won't be far behind the trailer we had last night.

Yeah I'm expecting them to reveal it soon, it would be smart since everyone is hyped over the trailer

I don't think we'll get any more POs until after the movie comes up, but who knows really. All I want for Ultron is the EW cover head sculpt. Not a fan of the humany look. If that's all we get, then I may just pass on this figure. We'll see what happens.

I don't think we'll get any more POs until after the movie comes up, but who knows really. All I want for Ultron is the EW cover head sculpt. Not a fan of the humany look. If that's all we get, then I may just pass on this figure. We'll see what happens.

I see, but the human-like face allows him to convey his emotions, a key aspect of the characters persona

I don't get that argument. Darth Vader managed to convey emotions with a static mask. They could've done the same with Ultron.

The 'emoting' face to me is just not classic Ultron... It's starting to look like MK I (which I love the look of but is not too menacing, given it's a bit of a shambling mess) and the drones are the closest we'll get to Ultron's classic gaping maw look, unfortunately. Hopefully there is something inbetween. Only needs to be in the movie for half a second for HT to make it.

I don't get that argument. Darth Vader managed to convey emotions with a static mask. They could've done the same with Ultron.

Exactly! Wish they did the same with Ultron. Still not liking this design from the beady eyes, to the teeth, to the toes, etc. would have preferred if they kept with the mark 2 design.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421163281.942454.jpg

Now that's how you bring ultron to the big screen! It's beautiful!!

Yeah same here. I don't like the humanoid face at all. I was under the impression the EW cover was his final form, so hopefully he has it for more than just the end of the movie.

The 'emoting' face to me is just not classic Ultron... It's starting to look like MK I (which I love the look of but is not too menacing, given it's a bit of a shambling mess) and the drones are the closest we'll get to Ultron's classic gaping maw look, unfortunately. Hopefully there is something inbetween. Only needs to be in the movie for half a second for HT to make it.

Except it's not just the idea of "conveying emotions", it's about showing how Ultron's progress in design becomes more human than the previous one (showing the contradictory nature of his character).

Like I said in the other AoU thread, this form feels like a clever amalgam of his various modern designs and yes, including the humanoid look. It's a nice bit of fanservice for Ultron fans as the drones and this (seeming) final form essentially covers his classic look right up to his modern ones. Part of Ultron's character has always leaned towards becoming more human as he continued to strive for power. Heck we're lucky that he still resembles Ultron considering how his strongest form in the comics actually looks very human and far from the jack o' lantern/skull-faced look we got here.

Besides, we're most likely getting the version from the EW cover, so it's not like there's a shortage of Ultron's that HT could make depending people's preferences. Again, I like the way they melded various modern designs to create a distinctive "final" form that feels unique to the film, all while paying tribute to Ultron's modern iterations.

I agree with all of this. It's a classic renegade "robot" storyline -- wanting to be "a real boy". And I'm certain the "strings" of that will be his downfall.

I'm just not crazy personally for the very human looking face. Prefer the metal menace look myself. But I'm eager to see how it plays onscreen.

The humany one must be the last stage version, yes? Maybe the evilface is the one he wears thru most of the movie.

yeah he'll get more human as he evolves in different forms
so near the end we'll see Spader Ultron
tumblr_inline_mx5uzvyOpF1qgwf3a.gif

It'll be Spader at his most devious, Spader at his most diabolical...

4th1ADb.jpg

But seriously, I don't think mechanical-eyebrows-and-headset-wearing Ultron is his final form. We've been seeing a lot of this version in the trailers.

Whedon probably has something up his sleeve - an even more human-like Ultron. It'd be the ultimate swerve.

Back