1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4rDSjxt.jpg

Chloe-Freak-Out-2.gif

tumblr_m26pi2ylxu1rskvr1o1_400.gif

jennifer-lawrence-angry-gifs-jamsessionmb.gif
:rotfl

:exactly: Unless it was caused through other means (e.g. collateral damage or some fight where he "malfunctioned"), I think it's definitely not outrageous to think that Ultron carved his own face since he's pretty mentally disturbed anyway.

Yeah I'm wondering how that happened....

I hope after he becomes self aware he walks up to a mirror and proceeds to scratch his face up, something like that. However I don't think all the damage is self imposed, maybe he gets in a fight with something or someone. I don't think the Avengers took the drones to the Sokovia
place

:goodpost: :exactly:

That would definetly be one of my favourite scenes. Anyway, yeah I doubt all the damage is self imposed, also I don't think it happened while he was trying to fight for the Avengers or humans

:exactly: Unless it was caused through other means (e.g. collateral damage or some fight where he "malfunctioned"), I think it's definitely not outrageous to think that Ultron carved his own face since he's pretty mentally disturbed anyway.

Since Iron Man is one of his daddies I would expect Ultron to hate him the most. Thats why I think he hates the way he looks at first, before he changes his body

Toy-Fair-2015-Hasbro-Marvel-Toys-009_zps90635833.jpg

I'm really hoping he looks like the second pic. I'm not sure if the first pic is supposed to be Prime, but it looks even more human looking. I hope the final form doesn't look like that.

There's no way Ultron will take a form like this in the movie imo.

We've seen them all now I'd wager.

Mk1, Mk2 Ultron Prime, Mk3 Vibranium Ultimate Ultron and the Ultron sentries (the most classic ultron look)

There's no way Ultron will take a form like this in the movie imo.

We've seen them all now I'd wager.

Mk1, Mk2 Ultron Prime, Mk3 Vibranium Ultimate Ultron and the Ultron sentries (the most classic ultron look)

Yeah, the reason why I doubt we'll see anything like that is because design-wise, the overall frame of the body doesn't seem to match ANY of the movie Ultron's so far. I mean putting aside the head, even the Sentries' bodies have some form of similarity to Ultron Prime's body.

The more I look at this one, the more it really looks like a direct rip from the AU comic variant cover, and the fact that it's coming with a comic version of Vision in the actual series/lineup makes it even more doubtful that we'll see this in the movie.

Marvel Legends Ultron figure from a target exclusive 3 pack coming out later this year... This is a great looking figure, i'm gonna have to keep an eye out for this. He comes with buzzcut hulk and white vision.

EDIT: I Just noticed this figure has the feet the Ultron Prime BAF should have.
Target_Exclusive_3-Pack_Marvel_Legends_201502__scaled_800.jpg

Yeah, the reason why I doubt we'll see anything like that is because design-wise, the overall frame of the body doesn't seem to match ANY of the movie Ultron's so far. I mean putting aside the head, even the Sentries' bodies have some form of similarity to Ultron Prime's body.

The more I look at this one, the more it really looks like a direct rip from the AU comic variant cover, and the fact that it's coming with a comic version of Vision in the actual series/lineup makes it even more doubtful that we'll see this in the movie.

Yeah, seems to be just an offshoot line using the movies attention to boost sales.

Marvel Legends Ultron figure from a target exclusive 3 pack coming out later this year... This is a great looking figure, i'm gonna have to keep an eye out for this. He comes with buzzcut hulk and white vision.

EDIT: I Just noticed this figure has the feet the Ultron Prime BAF should have.
View attachment 166926

Aside from the movie stuff THIS is what I'm most excited for! :bow

The body is a repaint of Beetle from the Spider-Man Legends line, but the head, forearms and hands are completely new. They purposely used Beetle's body in order to simulate the glowing circles, humanoid skin/muscle and insect-like toes that this version of Ultron is based on. So it's not a perfect translation of the design but it's good enough in my book!

This is honestly one of my most anticipated figures mainly because it seems heavily inspired two of my most favorite modern Ultron designs, specifically the first and second-last variant covers of the Age of Ultron comic:

Tm1SUtC.jpg

taif43w.jpg

I simply cannot express how happy this make me feel right now!!!!
:fireworks :panic: :fireworks

@Henry Morgan: I think what Razorwing had thought you meant was that Ultron literally rips off his Iron Man face afterwards, hence why he says it's intact because obviously the damaged Mark 1's face doesn't look like it's absolutely destroyed. I just figured you were talking about Ultron sort of carving/scratching those damaged parts on his face, which seems to be the case based on your reply. Just thought I'd clear up the miscommunication there. :)

Anyway, I agree with Razorwing's point about Tony changing from the circle shape to the comics' triangle shape and then back to the movie's circle shape, there was literally no reason for it save for the fact that Whedon/Marvel might have ended up preferring the circle shape down the line. When Tony got the triangle shape for Mark 6, I was honestly happy because that's how his suit looked like in the comics at the time even before IM1, so when he changed it back to the circle it felt a bit like a WTF moment. :lol

Honestly I don't really mind the circle shape since continuity-wise it was the original shape he used in IM1 and I ended up liking the circle shape more as time passed, but the change from circle to triangle and back to the circle was definitely random. And yeah sure, the suits might have their own independent arc reactors but the very obvious shift in the design for the main suit was pretty noticeable especially since the Mark 6 is the only one with the triangle shape out of all of Tony's main suits (not counting the Iron Legion since they were more like Easter Eggs).

Yeah that's what I meant by my posting for sure! lol. There are some plot holes in the MCU that have not been addressed. They could easily put Ultron's iconic head for it's last phase of evolution. Just making my point that it could happen... but I believe the Iconic head is already with the Sentries.. so with that said.. that would be the fan-service/nod to the comics when Ultron eventually takes over a Sentry.

I would rather not get my hopes up to avoid any sense of excitement being deflated ....

Aside from the movie stuff THIS is what I'm most excited for! :bow

This is honestly one of my most anticipated figures...

I simply cannot express how happy this make me feel right now!!!!

Don't get too excited, you warned me... :)

Don't get too excited, you warned me... :)
Well hey it's comic Ultron for a comic line, and not really movie Ultron, so of course I'm excited that they're making this version since it's one of my most favorites. :lol

I'm ambivalent toward the look of Prime, but I don't think I could resist an Annihilation: Conquest Ultron.

Still waiting for the day that a company will actually make a figure of this. :pray:

(not counting Sideshow since I don't collect statues)

That one's pretty wild. Not sure about the cape though personally. Like Edna says: No capes.

Ronri, how do you feel about Spader as the choice for the voice of Ultron?

That one's pretty wild. Not sure about the cape though personally. Like Edna says: No capes.

Ronri, how do you feel about Spader as the choice for the voice of Ultron?
Honestly? I love it.

I was actually worried initially because a lot of cartoons portray Ultron as sounding way too logic-based and heavily robotic in terms of delivery. In the comics, while Ultron has a pretty huge range of vocabulary usage, he was still very colorful in the way his dialogue is written, and the super-deep monotone voice most cartoons use isn't exactly the voice you'd expect to hear based on how Ultron's been characterized in the comics.

Before hearing Spader's performance, if I had to pick a voice for Ultron that combines that menacing tone with the colorful voice delivery, I'd pick something similar along the lines of the A.I. canine killing machine called Blade Wolf from the video game "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".

Blade Wolf sounds robotic yes, but most of all, there's personality and character in the way his voice is done that sounds "alive" and menacing. Dial down the technological vocab a bit and the voice delivery of Blade Wolf's character would make an ideal Ultron voice for me.

That said, after hearing Spader's voice it put my worries to rest. Yes, his voice for Ultron is deep-sounding, but his performance makes Ultron sound much more thoughtful and eloquent in his delivery than anything I've heard before. It's not something I would have thought of as an ideal voice for Ultron, but it's something that exceeded far beyond my expectations for the character. The first line we hear in the teaser trailer instantly sold me and has made me a fan of his voice performance ever since ("I'm going to show you something beautiful"). :)

I agree. I doubt I would have ever thought of Spader as a distinctive voice, but there is something about it: intelligent yet mad; youthful yet seasoned -- perhaps I'm reading into it but it somehow feels like frustrated cynicism behind his words; a bitterness, which I like.

I agree. I doubt I would have ever thought of Spader as a distinctive voice, but there is something about it: intelligent yet mad; youthful yet seasoned -- perhaps I'm reading into it but it somehow feels like frustrated cynicism behind his words.

Definitely not reading too into it, I think your description is damn well spot-on. :goodpost:

I agree. I doubt I would have ever thought of Spader as a distinctive voice, but there is something about it: intelligent yet mad; youthful yet seasoned -- perhaps I'm reading into it but it somehow feels like frustrated cynicism behind his words; a bitterness, which I like.

Have you ever watched The Blacklist?

James Spader's character in that show is EXACTLY how you describe. Very charismatic, yet vey deadly and quite possibly insane. I can't hear his Ultron without thinking of that show.

@Henry Morgan:

Anyway, I agree with Razorwing's point about Tony changing from the circle shape to the comics' triangle shape and then back to the movie's circle shape, there was literally no reason for it save for the fact that Whedon/Marvel might have ended up preferring the circle shape down the line. When Tony got the triangle shape for Mark 6, I was honestly happy because that's how his suit looked like in the comics at the time even before IM1, so when he changed it back to the circle it felt a bit like a WTF moment. :lol

Honestly I don't really mind the circle shape since continuity-wise it was the original shape he used in IM1 and I ended up liking the circle shape more as time passed, but the change from circle to triangle and back to the circle was definitely random. And yeah sure, the suits might have their own independent arc reactors but the very obvious shift in the design for the main suit was pretty noticeable especially since the Mark 6 is the only one with the triangle shape out of all of Tony's main suits (not counting the Iron Legion since they were more like Easter Eggs).

I love the triangle reactor, but Whedon does not. That's the reason it was changed, because Joss said no, I want the circle back.

Back