1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $375 is $25 higher than my highest estimate! That's major...especially when going off the Groot comparison earlier. That's almost double the cost of Groot with the big selling point being lights. Ouch...this isn't going to sell as well as I think they hope it will sell. Wow, such crazy jumps in prices!

crazypills.gif

The price is actually not unexpected. I was figuring around $350 so only $25 off. However I was really hoping for diecast (which I estimated would run about $400). I'll pick it up eventually but going to hold for now.

Ordered from BBTS. Depending if HT improves the head sculpt I'll either switch my order to SS later, or if they don't, I might cancel altogether. Overall it looks good, but when you REALLY look closely, that price gets hard to justify.

Remember how a lot of people hated the original outfit on the amazing spider-man 2? I think we shouldn't jump the gun too soon. We won't get this figure til sometime in 2016. That's plenty of time to make improvements. I agree that there are quite a few improvements that need to be made, ie., shoulders, neck too thin IMO, maybe a/c power adapter for the light up features etc.. Hopefully HT reps are getting the feedback from everyone!

No exclusive's on any of the Age of Ultron figures besides Iron Man have allowed me to hold off and wait to use coupons. A crushed MK 1 Ultron head with have been an excellent exclusive.

The price is actually not unexpected. I was figuring around $350 so only $25 off. However I was really hoping for diecast (which I estimated would run about $400). I'll pick it up eventually but going to hold for now.

If they diecast this one, it would've come in around $100 more.

A bit disappointed - the figure is missing that bull neck and overall intimidating presence we've seen in the trailers. It also seems as if the color is too light, the trailer he looked almost black/gun metal.

Remember how a lot of people hated the original outfit on the amazing spider-man 2? I think we shouldn't jump the gun too soon. We won't get this figure til sometime in 2016. That's plenty of time to make improvements. I agree that there are quite a few improvements that need to be made, ie., shoulders, neck too thin IMO, maybe a/c power adapter for the light up features etc.. Hopefully HT reps are getting the feedback from everyone!

Yeah, I DO expect improvements to this. I find it hard to believe that HT wouldn't do their utmost to knock the tile villain out of the park.

$374? Ew.

I hate being a completionist. I feel like I have to order because of what happened with Hawkeye and Nick Fury, who I didn't miss out on, but would hate to change my mind later to pay an even crazier amount.

$374? Ew.

I hate being a completionist. I feel like I have to order because of what happened with Hawkeye and Nick Fury, who I didn't miss out on, but would hate to change my mind later to pay an even crazier amount.

i fear this too

They specify batteries needed for the base and the figure in the description, so I wouldn't hold my breath for the power adapter. And it's true, as I said earlier, there will be better prototype shots that show this in a much more flattering light than the melted face image we've been poking fun at. That said, almost $400 for this guy is nuts...improvements or not.

Back