1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultron not being diecast should mean his price is lower than the MK. 43. I want this one, and that means I only have 3 more figs I am waiting on Black Widow, Hawkeye and possibly Vision.

True.... after my initial emmm.... excitment overload :lol I'm now wondering what price it will be, at 16" I'll expect a higher price.... maybe even matching the 43

Ultron not being diecast should mean his price is lower than the MK. 43. I want this one, and that means I only have 3 more figs I am waiting on Black Widow, Hawkeye and possibly Vision.

You forgot to consider Ultron is big, its at least 16 inch. Nearly quarter scale, no way cheaper than mark 43

Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

That surprises me Kevb.... this is essentially evil Iron Man :lol
Well not really but in the movie he is made(partially) by Tony Stark

That's my excuse for allowing Ultron into my collection, I'll have the damaged torso on my Iron Man mark 43 base so it would be nice to have a whole version really..., never really liked the head/face on the prime Ultron so I was looking for it to have other wow factor elements to it, not saying it won't grow on me of course. I can start out hating many things, Hulkbuster's feet for instance (although they've not grown on me yet, the rest of that figure looks amazing)..., this look may be my favourite one day for all I know (lol) but as things stand, I'm wanting another version of Ultron to be made. :)

No, not at all! It's actually really great to have those pictures to look at! They give a view of how the figure will actually look outside of fixed lighting and such. And it's good to have an idea of how it'll look with the lights off as well, since that's how it'll be most of the time.

Honestly, the full scale image posted looks fantastic! Nobody can deny that the sculpt is great...the two main issues most will have will be how much they'll charge for it (size comparisons beside Avenger figures would be nice to see,) and how it does look like a shut-down Ultron when the lights are off.

Iron Man -- "He's got no strings, but I switched off his batteries. Threat neutralized!" :lol

I totally agree. Price is always a big concern. Unlike Iron Man, this figure doesn't look great with the lights out, even with the red paint apps throughout. Hopefully HT makes this their first figure with an A/C adapter (w/a long cord) to display that menacing look all the time. Just think how much you'll spend buying batteries, and even worse they'll most likely be the watch style batteries, or maybe those irregular sized N something batteries that you needed to purchase for Robocop. Without the lights IMO it looks like an oversized Terminator endoskeleton. HT if you're viewing this thread, hook us up!!!!

The 1/6th scale Ultron Prime Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Ultron Prime in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Movie-accurate sculpture with mechanical details
- Silver colored painting on armor
- LED light-up head sculpt and upper body (red light, battery operated)
- Approximately 41 cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers

Accessory:
- Specially-designed Avengers: Age of Ultron figure stand with LED light-up function (red light, battery opearated)

Release date: Q4, 2015 – Q1, 2016

True.... after my initial emmm.... excitment overload :lol I'm now wondering what price it will be, at 16" I'll expect a higher price.... maybe even matching the 43

I was thinking Hulkbuster, Mk43, and Mk 45 would be the most expensive figs in this series. Maybe throw Hulk in there. But with Ultron's size, he could end up being over $300.

That's my excuse for allowing Ultron into my collection, I'll have the damaged torso on my Iron Man mark 43 base so it would be nice to have a whole version really..., never really liked the head/face on the prime Ultron so I was looking for it to have other wow factor elements to it, not saying it won't grow on me of course. I can start out hating many things, Hulkbuster's feet for instance (although they've not grown on me yet, the rest of that figure looks amazing)..., this look may be my favourite one day for all I know (lol) but as things stand, I'm wanting another version of Ultron to be made. :)

ah I see.... I suppose then its worth waiting until you either see the movie or the final figure pictures of this one....

That prototype on display looks like the same quality figure as RobertCop.
RobertCop.jpg

ah I see.... I suppose then its worth waiting until you either see the movie or the final figure pictures of this one....

Can't wait to see the movie & see what goes down, looking forward to seeing all the new characters, no idea how they'll beat Ultron or if they really will, not long before we finally get to find out though, I'm making a rare exception & going to the cinema for AoU (Star Wars too). :)

Up in the air about the figure but it's freaking Ultron. How do you not get it if you're a marvel fan?

should be same price range as Groot

That's actually not a bad comparison really. Groot is 38.9cm tall, so 3cm shorter than Ultron. He also has a switch out head, and multiple hands...and a beautiful sculpt as well! That's all for $199.99.

Ultron has the swap out palms, and the light up feature...and unless I'm missing something, that's it. So the light up feature, and the light up base are the two things that set Ultron apart...as well as the extra 2cm.

It was said earlier that the HK conversion would see Ultron come in at $300 US without any markup. I figure he'll land between $324.99-$349.99 somewhere...but now the Groot comparison has definitely made that seem really pricey. I think he'd be easier to swallow at $279.99 or in and around there (which bumps him up $80 from Groot for the 2cm difference, as well as the light up features -- though Groot did have the alternate HS which can't be ignored.) Again, maybe I'm missing something though! Oh, I guess there's the Avengers tax as well :lol

That's actually not a bad comparison really. Groot is 38.9cm tall, so 3cm shorter than Ultron. He also has a switch out head, and multiple hands...and a beautiful sculpt as well! That's all for $199.99.

Ultron has the swap out palms, and the light up feature...and unless I'm missing something, that's it. So the light up feature, and the light up base are the two things that set Ultron apart...as well as the extra 3cm (which is just shy of an inch).

It was said earlier that the HK conversion would see Ultron come in at $300 US without any markup. I figure he'll land between $324.99-$349.99 somewhere...but now the Groot comparison has definitely made that seem really pricey. I think he'd be easier to swallow at $279.99 or in and around there (which bumps him up $80 from Groot for the 3cm difference, as well as the light up features -- though Groot did have the alternate HS which can't be ignored.) Again, maybe I'm missing something though! Oh, I guess there's the Avengers tax as well :lol

If he comes in at less than $300 he is an instant buy. If he is more, I may put him on the sideline in order to complete my Avengers set up. As much as it can be complete without Black Panther.:wink1:

Ultron has the swap out palms, and the light up feature...and unless I'm missing something, that's it. So the light up feature, and the light up base are the two things that set Ultron apart...as well as the extra 3cm (which is just shy of an inch).

It was said earlier that the HK conversion would see Ultron come in at $300 US without any markup. I figure he'll land between $324.99-$349.99 somewhere...but now the Groot comparison has definitely made that seem really pricey. I think he'd be easier to swallow at $279.99 or in and around there (which bumps him up $80 from Groot for the 3cm difference, as well as the light up features -- though Groot did have the alternate HS which can't be ignored.) Again, maybe I'm missing something though! Oh, I guess there's the Avengers tax as well :lol

Jeez thats right! by comparison that $300+ price looks way too high....

Jeez thats right! by comparison that $300+ price looks way too high....

Yeah, I even had to edit the size difference, as he's 2cm taller than Groot, not three. Considering the light-up feature is key, and requires batteries, the price keeps going up :lol I mean, I still love the sculpt, but Groot is quite intricate as well! With the light up feature and base being the key difference between the two (I forgot the $199.99 Groot didn't come with the extra HS), it'll be interesting to see how large a price gap they put out there.

If it's around $350 then that's the Groot and Rocket combo pack, which DID have the extra Groot HS, as well as the potted plant Baby Groot bonus :lol

tumblr_n9soz5u5sT1s55rl4o1_500.gif

Back