1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

Still thinking its a pass, Thanos gets my money.

I just assumed this whole time that Ultron would be diecast, would be slightly disappointed if he wasn't.

Nevertheless, I'll still be getting him no matter what but Ultron...in diecast...would be ABSOLUTE Boss.

Fingers tightly crossed as well.

Diecast is the only way to do this figure justice. Fingers crossed

Not in diecast?!?!?!?!?! Nnnnnoooooooooo

Did you people sign up just to promote diecast? How much is Howard paying y'all? :lol

Iron Monger, VII, Mk I 2.0, Heartbreaker, Igor, the Batmobiles... All those and more are amazing items without diecast parts so no, this doesn't have to be in diecast to be incredible. I'll pick Ultron up in either form, but to dismiss the figure just on the basis that it might be plastic is a bit silly. You're not going to know the difference unless you drop it on your foot.

Did you people sign up just to promote diecast? How much is Howard paying y'all? :lol

Iron Monger, VII, Mk I 2.0, Heartbreaker, Igor, the Batmobiles... All those and more are amazing items without diecast parts so no, this doesn't have to be in diecast to be incredible. I'll pick Ultron up in either form, but to dismiss the figure just on the basis that it might be plastic is a bit silly. You're not going to know the difference unless you drop it on your foot.

I have 9 Iron Man figures & 3 are diecast, I like all of them a lot & couldn't tell you which was made with metal parts if I didn't already know (well from just looking at them that is)..., although I like the idea of diecast & it has extra appeal to me, I can't really say there's any benefit to it other than the knowledge that using metal makes it seem more authentic (as in Iron Man suits are made out of metal rather than plastic). :)

i7VQVpBEt6agQ.gif

ibatGjK5WlLgET.gif

ib25AxyDlasecO.gif

iclJYPMwrz7qC.gif

I'm hoping for the more classic look myself, and hope that they do like a swapable head sculpt or something for it.

Question :

That Ultron looks very similar to the drones....

How do we know that Ultron is not just a photoshopped drone, mocked up for the Cover of the magazine?

In fact, it looks like the body of the Ultimate Ultron shown today in the Hot Toys teaser, and a red colored Drone Head, they could have changed the head, so that the end of the trailer would have more of an impact.....
THERE-ARE-NO-STRINGS-ON-ME-ULTRON.gif

Question :

How do we know that Ultron is not just a photoshopped drone, mocked up for the Cover of the magazine?

In fact, it looks like the body of the Ultimate Ultron shown today in the Hot Toys teaser, and a red colored Drone Head, they could have changed the head, so that the end of the trailer would have more of an impact.....

How does it look like the teaser when the picture is from behind? Look at the promo images of the final ultron, it looks nothing like that. It might just be a drone with red eyes, but it still doesn't look like ultimate ultron.

How does it look like the teaser when the picture is from behind? Look at the promo images of the final ultron, it looks nothing like that. It might just be a drone with red eyes, but it still doesn't look like ultimate ultron.

actually you are right, it doesnt, it actually looks entirely like a drone

Question :

1WLTk15.gif

Because that would be the evilest thing ever :lol

The Ultimate Ultron should have 4 arms and a red cape, but thats not gonna happen...

Last edited:

actually you are right, it doesnt, it actually looks entirely like a drone

I really don't care if we get an ultron in that form (though I still want it), as long as we get a drone that looks like that, i'll be happy.

I don't think the magazine can just shop whatever they want on the cover. That had to be what marvel choose to promote. I don't know if they declare thats Ultron on the cover, maybe the drones eyes change color :dunno

1WLTk15.gif

Because that would be the evilest thing ever :lol
The Ultimate Ultron should have 4 arms and a red cape, but thats now gonna happen...

Dont know about the four arms but I love this caped version
915982-anncon001022_col.jpg

Looks like the Premium format Great Ultron statue Sideshow did.... really want one of those

Back