1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the lines on his face are a little too pronounced. In the movie they're more subtle. I think that detracts from the head sculpt a bit.

if it wasn't bad it might have been good. :lecture

21782.gif

My Ultron came today and I'm pretty excited. I knew he'd be big and shiny but damn, he's huge! I love this dude. Like others have said, his head movement is a bit poor but he makes up for it with pure awesome presence!
8631ec7b770943c2d9b0f7eaba369b87.jpg
df3db93fc49dd3b1969bea72dbca6322.jpg

Looking forward to trying the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That head sculpt is just atrocious. Not to do with HT, but how Marvel made his overall look. Really wish they stuck with his classic look instead.

I get what you're saying, his original look is much better but I liked how they did it in the movie, it kind of just worked for me, rather than being too 'out there' and comic book like.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, I think that non battery lighting system will really improve the overall look of this.

I think the head would have looked better if HT had just painted the eyes instead of using a light up feature.

Yeah I think you are right Craig. The early promo and cg stuff had him looking much more classic. But they changed it and I'm betting it's for the reason you proposed.

That's pretty much the whole point of the movie. He's a petulant child upset with daddy (stark). There's even a direct line in the movie about why he looks human despite his supposed feelings.

I am aware of all of this, and I still don't like it, no matter what kind of excuses anyone gives. I don't like the way they handled the character, both personality and look.

I am aware of all of this, and I still don't like it, no matter what kind of excuses anyone gives. I don't like the way they handled the character, both personality and look.

I enjoyed his personality, but I'll agree with you about his face.. I think the classic emotionless face is better.

I think I would've been more accepting of the face if the cheek circles weren't filled in most of the time.

I thought they nailed his personality.

<---- Minority big fan of MCU Ultron. Each to their own :)

I thought they nailed his personality.

<---- Minority big fan of MCU Ultron. Each to their own :)

Yep. I thought James Spader was a great choice for Ultron. He has a really unique voice that can be both compelling and also eerie at times.

Back