1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did anyone tell HT that they intentionally made the red on Caps shield darker for the movie?

Anyway, i've been seeing some hate for the military spat boots... I do agree that it's hard to make spats look good, but I really like this look. It's unique and old school-ish... I used to have a pair of wrap-around spat boots that got stolen from my locker at work years ago, they were my favorite and I haven't been able to find a pair like them since. But that's why I like this look for him and I hope it continues past this movie. Mine looked something like this:
ba257e99b9058728960f09479a888cc4.jpg

Keep in mind the movie suit is weathered, whereas the HT suit is meant to be brand spankin' new, so some of the colors will look a little different. I do agree the red bits on the HT suit need to be toned down, it looks like their color was more based on the promo art than the movie suit.

Keep in mind the movie suit is weathered, whereas the HT suit is meant to be brand spankin' new, so some of the colors will look a little different. I do agree the red bits on the HT suit need to be toned down, it looks like their color was more based on the promo art than the movie suit.

are you sure?

are you sure?

Yep, not as much as the TFA suit but if you look at the suit from all the photos like the hospital ones, it looks like it's had some miles on it. The Korea set photos probably showed the suit as newest, but all other photos and screen grabs show the suit has some weathering/fading on it.

So did anyone tell HT that they intentionally made the red on Caps shield darker for the movie?

Anyway, i've been seeing some hate for the military spat boots... I do agree that it's hard to make spats look good, but I really like this look. It's unique and old school-ish... I used to have a pair of wrap-around spat boots that got stolen from my locker at work years ago, they were my favorite and I haven't been able to find a pair like them since. But that's why I like this look for him and I hope it continues past this movie. Mine looked something like this:
View attachment 171503

Nice boots.:clap

Yep, not as much as the TFA suit but if you look at the suit from all the photos like the hospital ones, it looks like it's had some miles on it. The Korea set photos probably showed the suit as newest, but all other photos and screen grabs show the suit has some weathering/fading on it.

ahhh I see.... fair enough

If they weren't so dark they would be pretty awesome. Not a fan of the AoU boots.

yeah I even lightened them in that image.... they are really dark.... but I guess thats why they are on the STEALTH suit :lol duh!!

The AOU boots are similar to the first Avengers cap's boots

The boots are the one weak point of the suit to me. Not a huge deal but I prefer the style of boots that the Stealth suit has. I also like the brighter red used on the HT shield, I hope they don't change that.

In case anyone missed it on the last page... According to the prop master for AoU, the red in the shield is intentionally "toned down" for AoU

Personally, I would much rather the shield that HT makes be screen accurate. And right now, I think it's too bright. Of course the final product may be different.

In case anyone missed it on the last page... According to the prop master for AoU, the red in the shield is intentionally "toned down" for AoU

Personally, I would much rather the shield that HT makes be screen accurate. And right now, I think it's too bright. Of course the final product may be different.
me too.... even if they don't tone down the outfit, at least tone down the shield

Back