1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"oh hey, Captain America is here"
"Thats right kids, and I brought my good friend Starlord"
tumblr_n19fci0oLT1sxoa96o4_400.gif

Also makes me realize how much HT prices has been going up from 3 years ago. I think Cap was only like 185 at the time. And came with two shields.
I went back to the archives page on Sideshow and it was selling for $214.99. So this one is more but not that much more. He did have two shields and a Chitauri rifle in addition to two head sculpts, but this one has two head sculpts, a diecast shield, an empty mask, plus a more specialized base. So really there are some trade-offs but you get about the same amount of accessories and it isn't that much more. I just ordered this figure today and thus far it's my only Age of Ultron figure on order.

Man, I know it's highly unlikely to happen but I hope HT darkens up the colors a bit. I can live with the blue but darken that red.

902328-captain-america-002.jpg

attachment.php

prattcaptainseattle7.jpg

That's it, I'm cancelling my pre-order. Just noticed that Evans has his hair parting on the opposite side to the head sculpt now!

I kind of like it either way and looking forward to adding this one to my collection; not sure if I'll display him without his helmet on though.

I kind of like it either way and looking forward to adding this one to my collection; not sure if I'll display him without his helmet on though.

for me that depends on the pose or what happens in the movie :dunno. Regardless of which head you use at least both look good

Glad I have this one on PO, really looking forward to its release; the updated shield and magnets clinched that deal. Historically, does HT improve their products based on previous releases and feedback; I'm wondering if this suit will have any of the same problems that the stealth suit has...padding and such?

Back