1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this will be my first HT Captain America. Suit was too skinny on Chris Evans in the first Avengers movie. This one seems like a perfect blend of the old with the new. Not every hero can pull off the tight suit and Cap is one of those. This looks great and it's the first Captain America figure (design) to get my attention as much as a new Iron Man armor. Which, you know we will have another suit for Tony and Steve in Civil War :)

Color me surprised that it's $225 considering Stealth Cap was $220 and didn't have the extra head sculpt, removable helmet, or magnet attachments. I'm not picking this up, but I'm glad that the price came out reasonably for those who are.

Color me surprised that it's $225 considering Stealth Cap was $220 and didn't have the extra head sculpt, removable helmet, or magnet attachments. I'm not picking this up, but I'm glad that the price came out reasonably for those who are.

Yup, a lot of us are surprised in a good way because of that fact (Stealth Cap's price vs AoU Cap's price). However I realized that the price on Stealth was fair at that time as we had to pay for the newly tooled/sculpted headsculpts. I'm no expert, but HT could have saved a lot of money in making the AoU Cap, and it's a good thing that they didn't think of charging us much for re-used heads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining -- both headsculpts from Stealth are great and I can't blame HT for re-using them instead of resculpting as they can be rather inconsistent at times.

i really glad i canceled that GA figure, i wouldn't have been happy with it. This will be my 1st Cap as well so i hope they dont rush this too much.

Yeah, that will suck. I am just switching from the 2 pack to the single version. Since AOU Cap comes with the Rogers headsculpt, I don't need the 2 pack. I can just go this route.
This is what I did also. But the only bad thing is the Rogers headsculpt from AOU Cap is looking to the side where the Strike Cap 2 pack he's looking forward which looks a bit better to me.

This will be my 1st Cap as well. I don't buy multiple versions of figures (except Iron Man and Thor) and this is the 1st suit I really like. Also remember with Civil War next and the apparent dissolution of the current Avengers team, this may be the one and only time we see/get a figure of Cap with the Avengers logo on his costume. Even if his costume is similar in Civil War he won't be an "Avenger".... The next Cap on the Avengers will likely be Bucky, but only time will tell. :dunno

This will be my 1st Cap as well. I don't buy multiple versions of figures (except Iron Man and Thor) and this is the 1st suit I really like. Also remember with Civil War next and the apparent dissolution of the current Avengers team, this may be the one and only time we see/get a figure of Cap with the Avengers logo on his costume. Even if his costume is similar in Civil War he won't be an "Avenger".... The next Cap on the Avengers will likely be Bucky, but only time will tell. :dunno

After Infinity War maybe.... :dunno well..... I hope anyway

I like Bucky as Cap, but I would lose my mind over a Falcon Cap.

I hope Bucky gets to be Cap at least once. I mean have this shot if it isn't going to happen? Such a tease!

IMG_0580.jpg

I hope Bucky gets to be Cap at least once. I mean have this shot if it isn't going to happen? Such a tease!

View attachment 162350
I still wish they had packed that shield with Stealth Cap / Steve Rogers!

Unless they keep Bucky as an antagonist it's a forgone conclusion he will be Cap, would be good to see Falcon take on the role too though liked his character!

Well considering Evans only signed on for a 6 movie deal, and Sebastian's deal is 9 movies, you can make your own inferences from who will be Cap eventually lol

I prefer Bucky having his own role within SHIELD. I preferred when he ran with Widow and Hawkeye on the more clandestine stuff. I would rather they move his character that direction, keeping the tone and spy style of TWS. Let Falcon manage the Superhero stuff.

Back