1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe this didn't sell well. This is Thanos!

But seriously I guess because he didn't have a big role in GOTG and we're waiting for the imminent Infinity War version?

Hot Toys are making new figures at rapid pace. running out of space and the finance are becoming a bigger issue.

I don't know why Thanos was made instead of Ronan. Both could have been made but Ronan and Nebula were more must haves from this movie. I'm waiting for IW for Thanos as I'm sure many others as well.

I don't know why Thanos was made instead of Ronan. Both could have been made but Ronan and Nebula were more must haves from this movie. I'm waiting for IW for Thanos as I'm sure many others as well.

I think they went with Thanos because ever since the A1 teaser a lot of fans wanted him. I would have preferred Ronan too and I didn't buy Thanos :dunno

Nebula was also one I wanted and both Ronan and Nebula were in it so much more than Thanos was

For me, I think this maybe applies to a lot of others, was the throne. He never could fit properly in it, and apparently it did have its own issues as well. It something I didn't want and it added more to the cost of the figure. Plus I know in the future they will do a Thanos with the gauntlet, so it became a very easy pass for me.

For me, I think this maybe applies to a lot of others, was the throne. He never could fit properly in it, and apparently it did have its own issues as well. It something I didn't want and it added more to the cost of the figure. Plus I know in the future they will do a Thanos with the gauntlet, so it became a very easy pass for me.

I am surprised they didn't release a version without the throne. I like it but because of the size, have never used it.

He sits fairly well in the throne for me.

Attachments

• 20161026_115042.jpg
    20161026_115042.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 406
He's feet aren't flush to the ottoman, but that doesn't look half bad. Still, even if he sat perfectly, it takes up a lot of space I can't afford to lose, so would never use it anyway. I don't want to pay more for a figure because it comes with a giant display piece I wont use.

I am surprised they didn't release a version without the throne. I like it but because of the size, have never used it.

Not so much the size for me as much as the Marvel folks designing it to look like an old stack of floating pizza boxes (hope he gets a seating upgrade in the IW films). The hidden switches didn't help either.

You can get them fairly flat. Just exposes the purple ball joints a bit from certain angles.

Attachments

• 20161026_121058_resized.jpg
    20161026_121058_resized.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 392
Back