1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put your arms in that position and see how little movement from laying at your sides it actually is. I'm fairly sure it will be possible, just move the arms back at the shoulder joint so their behind him slightly, then rotate at the elbow joint until the hands meet, then one open palm hand clasping around a fist or the wrist on the other arm.

I even managed it to a degree with Marvel Select Thanos which has even less movement imo, and Select Ultron.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've seen a lot of internet comments about Thanos being lazy and not appearing much in the MCU. He's the Don of the universe, he has kept a low profile on purpose and he has had lesser beings do his dirty work!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really love this figure and I don't even care that there's no gauntlet. I'll get that one in 2018 :)

It would be cool if we got a stoneless gauntlet from somewhere though!

Put your arms in that position and see how little movement from laying at your sides it actually is. I'm fairly sure it will be possible, just move the arms back at the shoulder joint so their behind him slightly, then rotate at the elbow joint until the hands meet, then one open palm hand clasping around a fist or the wrist on the other arm.

I even managed it to a degree with Marvel Select Thanos which has even less movement imo, and Select Ultron.

Yea, he may be able to do it. But I'm not sure he can hold that pose. Lots of things a real person can do that a figure can not. Be cool if it can for you. I will keep him mostly in the throne. I dig that.

I just wonder if he can easily achieve the pose, and by that I mean with no strain on the joints. If there is strain, leaving him like that will warp them over time. Know what I mean? That's exactly how I want to pose him too.

^ Well I'll be the guinea pig for trying that pose :lol if it doesn't work for some reason I'll think of something else.

I've seen a lot of internet comments about Thanos being lazy and not appearing much in the MCU. He's the Don of the universe, he has kept a low profile on purpose and he has had lesser beings do his dirty work!!!

I think it's more to do with people not understanding why he needs other people to retrieve these stones for him. But it's simple, he finds those tasks below him, people just don't know the character yet but they will.

My only problem so far has been with his dialogue, the first speech in GOTG was pretty great, the second one in GOTG is what has given people the wrong opinion of Thanos imo, it made Thanos' first speech seem like an empty threat. His dialogue in this scene is poor and when he cuts out his feed after Ronan threatens him it makes him seem weak. I understand why it was done but it's not something you should do the being that's meant to be the biggest threat in your movie universe.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I may be being too picky but I want at least a shadow of the guy I've read so many stories off to appear in the movie-verse.

That's what happens when you have multiple people writing and directing. It's not like it's an actor that can maintain the same performance across different versions/movies. He's been a cgi character thus far. So between twenty different story tellers, and ten different editors it's pretty easy to see why the voice/tone is disjointed.

Nothing to do with his voice or tone, those are both pretty much perfect, considering we've only ever heard Thanos before in the Silver Surfer, Super Hero Squad and new Avengers Assemble cartoons. Personally I love his voice in the movies. Not sure anything will ever top the Silver Surfer cartoon Thanos voice tho.

The dialogue however is lacking so far in the MCU other than the throne scene.

Nothing to do with his voice or tone, those are both pretty much perfect, considering we've only ever heard Thanos before in the Silver Surfer, Super Hero Squad and new Avengers Assemble cartoons. Personally I love his voice in the movies. Not sure anything will ever top the Silver Surfer cartoon Thanos voice tho.

The dialogue however is lacking so far in the MCU other than the throne scene.

Voice/tone/dialogue all part of the same process I was talking about. When there are dozens of different people writing him and no single live person portraying him that's a big part of why he does not have a unified persona.

Voice/tone/dialogue all part of the same process I was talking about. When there are dozens of different people writing him and no single live person portraying him that's a big part of why he does not have a unified persona.

But the aren't dozens, there's Gunn & Feige. They came up with his lines for GOTG, the only place he's really spoken. And only Brolin has voiced him and done the motion capture for him, save for the few seconds at the end of the Avengers movie where he just turned and grinned.

They where the heads...but they don't wrote everything. It's just not how it works. Yes they set the tone, they do the outline. But you have editors, the cgi people, the writers all having hands in it. And if he only had one line in one movie and the rest was just a smirk what exactly are you complaining about? His smile doesn't feel right? He has multiple on screen appearances, across years of rea world time, in films that each have multiple writers, multiple directors, multiple screen play people, multiple editors and execs. They all have a hand in the way the character comes off. It's not just two people. It's just not how it works. They have over sight, but when there's thousands of hours of tape, multiple movies, various cuts and edits things gets handed off, things get redone and missed. Sorry, but it's not just two people.

Wow, thankfully I waited a few weeks and saw the movie before coming back to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back