1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

I think most people will buy this figure just in case there is a small possibility (and I mean small) they may not make another one. Either that reason or people just don't want to wait years for another one. If and when they make another one, I think most of us will wait and buy the gauntlet aftermarket on ebay or whatever source. I'd rather spend $30-$50 on a gauntlet rather than buying another Thanos. Even if you sell your Thanos for the new one, you may not get back even close to what you originally paid for yours in the first place.

I wouldn't worry about HT not revisiting this character. If Hawkeye is getting a 2.0, then you better believe Thanos is getting one.

This Thanos is from a movie line in which he only got maybe a minute and a half screentime tops. So yeah he will definitely get another figure from the two movies that are mostly about Thanos and his conquest for power.

Apologies for the mini rant lol.

I think most people will buy this figure just in case there is a small possibility (and I mean small) they may not make another one. Either that reason or people just don't want to wait years for another one. If and when they make another one, I think most of us will wait and buy the gauntlet aftermarket on ebay or whatever source. I'd rather spend $30-$50 on a gauntlet rather than buying another Thanos. Even if you sell your Thanos for the new one, you may not get back even close to what you originally paid for yours in the first place.
It's paid for itself after 3 or 4 years on display. If I sold then for $200 and put that towards the new one, I'd be happy. These things should only be bought with disposable income. I don't expect anything back from dining out or vacations. Fact we can get anything back on toys is a bonus.

It's paid for itself after 3 or 4 years on display. If I sold then for $200 and put that towards the new one, I'd be happy. These things should only be bought with disposable income. I don't expect anything back from dining out or vacations. Fact we can get anything back on toys is a bonus.

That's how I tend to look at it when I take a loss selling my figures. Whatever money I don't get back, I got enjoyment out of the figure:lecture

I have no doubt that there will be changes to Thanos's suit in A3 compared to GotG making him look different enough for collectors to consider buying him again. Afterall, they have made enough changes to the core Avengers in AoU for collectors to consider picking them up again. Of course not everyone will buy, but enough will for HT to continue to make them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This figure looks amazing. I hope it goes up for order soon. :impatient:

i sense this thanos will come without accecories at all well maybe another 1 set of hands.

Probably just a pair of relaxed hands and a combo version with the throne. Not much he could come with. An alternate smiling sculpt would be nice but not counting on it. Then again Starlord was always shown with the masked sculpt right?

I already suspect Thanos alone will cost about $350, if not a little more. A second head would confirm it.

Thanos with throne could cost around $500, $525 if HT/SSC are feeling particularly ballsy.

If Thanos has a second sculpt I would be satisfied with $350. Without one $300 is more reasonable. I do agree the throne combo will be $500.

With the dock issues and nothing being released, i think they should hurry up and put it up for preorder! :clap

With the dock issues and nothing being released, i think they should hurry up and put it up for preorder! :clap

We might be looking at a late 2015/early 2016 release.... and thats if it goes up soon

We might be looking at a late 2015/early 2016 release.... and thats if it goes up soon
Yeah I was hoping it would have gone up this month so we'd have it by the end of the year. Probably headed towards a 2016 release unless it happens soon

I think the Mark 43 is only figure from the line that is actually coming out this year. Granted we haven't gotten any other preorders yet, but I bet it will be next year before any of the others ship.

Back