1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

I'm not sure how jointed toes would make any sense. Do you have some unique joint in the middle of your foot the rest of us don't? From the position he is sitting in I'm not sure how else his feet would look.

Also, it's supposed to look like a figure. It is one. Only way to completely hide joints is with something like the thor LA or Dutch body. Or hulk. Which half the people seem to hate. And limits articulation. With a figure sitting I wouldn't recommend the rubber body. As for the joints not looking too notch. It's a prototype. This is why a lot of companies hate to show the prototypes. Mattel for example.

As for the armor not looking like metal as the 1/4 scale iron man...both are prototypes. There's no guarantee either will look this way when done. And I'm not sure the 1/4 scale IM looks any more like metal then anything else. Heck the one that IS metal (1/6 scale diecast) most people don't think looks like metal. So I'm not sure what type of argument that is.

If you think i'm bashing this figure then you totally have the wrong message, what i'm saying is how this figure could be improved with a bit of touch or even displayed properly and as a prototype, isn't that' what's it for? critiquing before mass production?
TDW1235_comp_v019.1127thanos.jpg
10675635_10152566232233404_180293091349610458_n.jpg
10698546_10152966080438115_3506635009936908133_n.jpg
(photos from akiyama)
There are not joints on the foot just like the hulk figure, which i could excuse because there are no armor or clothing to hide joint, Thanos on the other hand had armor on this feet and could have had a bit more articulation put in. now from what i saw, it looks like a chunk of plastic for his boots and instantly brings me back to my hasbro/toy biz days.
which brings me to the other point of the elbow sculpt, having joints on sculpted clothes is just ODD, just take a look at the pics from other freaks, it doesn't look good honestly. As for the metallic treatment, i just can't explain it, 1/4 (even only plastic) looks FAR more metallic than the diecast 1/6, which means it all depends on the paintapp.
i don't know, we'll see.
10862479_10152566287138404_8800133353385636829_o.jpg
10608650_10152566294253404_4785448718215553298_o.jpg
(photos from akiyama)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

that throne must have been seriously rushed, its like 40% accurate :lol I know its just a proto but its far from close

That's the big thing here too, is that most of this stuff are just prototypes, and they are also put together in the display case haphazardly and not setup properly. All this is really meant to do is wet our beaks on new products coming down the pipe line. We really shouldn't complain about anything until official photos and POs become available.

That's the big thing here too, is that most of this stuff are just prototypes, and they are also put together in the display case haphazardly and not setup properly. All this is really meant to do is wet our beaks on new products coming down the pipe line. We really shouldn't complain about anything until official photos and POs become available.

true........true

Exactly.

I can see what hunterelf is saying about looking like an enlarged ML figure. Wearing almost full armor or not, for the prices they are asking, they could at least do a fabric undersuit (where you see the vented fabric/under armour type material) like the more recent Nolan Bats figures, with sculpted armor affixed on top of it. Maybe they are, I can't tell, but to do a solid plastic figure is kind of lame.

Not that it will prevent me from getting him, but the figure almost seems too tall compared to the movie image. His head it too narrow too.

I can see what Motuxmen is saying about looking like an enlarged ML figure. Wearing almost full armor or not, for the prices they are asking, they could at least do a fabric undersuit (where you see the vented fabric/under armour type material) like the more recent Nolan Bats figures, with sculpted armor affixed on top of it. Maybe they are, I can't tell, but to do a solid plastic figure is kind of lame.

The figures with different mediums used in the outfits are always the best looking. That would seriously make this much better imo

I do agree with him about the joints looking like an upscaled legends figure, I was expecting a material undersuit with armour on top instead of sculpted material and armour. Doesn't have the typical HT look without fabric covering joints. But it's Thanos so i'll get it, I doubt anyone else will do anything better.

But this is not the high end collectible I envisioned it would be, doesn't mean I dont like it.

I will most likely pose him standing with his arms behind his back to hide most of the joints. I might get a second figure to display on his throne in another room

If you think i'm bashing this figure then you totally have the wrong message, what i'm saying is how this figure could be improved with a bit of touch or even displayed properly and as a prototype, isn't that' what's it for? critiquing before mass production?
View attachment 153746
View attachment 153749
View attachment 153750
(photos from akiyama)
There are not joints on the foot just like the hulk figure, which i could excuse because there are no armor or clothing to hide joint, Thanos on the other hand had armor on this feet and could have had a bit more articulation put in. now from what i saw, it looks like a chunk of plastic for his boots and instantly brings me back to my hasbro/toy biz days.
which brings me to the other point of the elbow sculpt, having joints on sculpted clothes is just ODD, just take a look at the pics from other freaks, it doesn't look good honestly. As for the metallic treatment, i just can't explain it, 1/4 (even only plastic) looks FAR more metallic than the diecast 1/6, which means it all depends on the paintapp.
i don't know, we'll see.
View attachment 153756
View attachment 153757
(photos from akiyama)

Your first couple of lines are not in line with the rest. No, a prototype isn't put out so it can be used to critique. It's just like a teaser trailer or poster. Do you gauge a movie based on a teaser? And also, you said I was mistaken that you where not bashing the figure..even though you said it didn't look good and only said negative things. Pretty sure that's bashing. Lol

In regards to the feet...had you said the foot rest should be adjusted to better resemble the movie it would have at least made sense. The way he is positioned ankle articulation would not make any difference, unless is was well beyond human range. The way his legs are angled, if his feet where flat then his ankles would be broken, tendons torn. That's my point about that. You can not tell if he has articulation in his ankle or not from the photos shown, or any photos. But it wouldn't matter.

As for your metal point. Painted metal and bare metal are two separate things. Once metal gets painted it looks like paint not metal. Which was my point by using the mk43 examples. One is metal and one is not, and you picked the one that wasn't to use as your "looks like metal" comparison. On top of that, lots of armor is not actual metal anyway. There's all kinds of material to use.

Aside from all that...the larger issue is this is a prototype. It's a rough sketch to give people an idea what the actual figure could look like. Hot toys puts more work into their prototype then most anyone else and it's still not enough most the time. There's not a single one of the prototypes shown that won't have significant changes when the production items ship. And these ones in particular have not even gotten the official hot toys pressers with pro photos and setups.

Your first couple of lines are not in line with the rest. No, a prototype isn't put out so it can be used to critique. It's just like a teaser trailer or poster. Do you gauge a movie based on a teaser? And also, you said I was mistaken that you where not bashing the figure..even though you said it didn't look good and only said negative things. Pretty sure that's bashing. Lol

In regards to the feet...had you said the foot rest should be adjusted to better resemble the movie it would have at least made sense. The way he is positioned ankle articulation would not make any difference, unless is was well beyond human range. The way his legs are angled, if his feet where flat then his ankles would be broken, tendons torn. That's my point about that. You can not tell if he has articulation in his ankle or not from the photos shown, or any photos. But it wouldn't matter.

As for your metal point. Painted metal and bare metal are two separate things. Once metal gets painted it looks like paint not metal. Which was my point by using the mk43 examples. One is metal and one is not, and you picked the one that wasn't to use as your "looks like metal" comparison. On top of that, lots of armor is not actual metal anyway. There's all kinds of material to use.

Aside from all that...the larger issue is this is a prototype. It's a rough sketch to give people an idea what the actual figure could look like. Hot toys puts more work into their prototype then most anyone else and it's still not enough most the time. There's not a single one of the prototypes shown that won't have significant changes when the production items ship. And these ones in particular have not even gotten the official hot toys pressers with pro photos and setups.

This honestly is the main thing. We all know that a prototype can change drastically from one toy fair to the next. Always save your judgement for the actual product pictures for if your pre order, then you judge it again when blogger pics and the first reviews come out to see if you still want it. Patience will save you a lot of headaches in this hobby

This honestly is the main thing. We all know that a prototype can change drastically from one toy fair to the next. Always save your judgement for the actual product pictures for if your pre order, then you judge it again when blogger pics and the first reviews come out to see if you still want it. Patience will save you a lot of headaches in this hobby

I think we are all running low on that when it comes to figures like Thanos or anything from Age of Ultron :lol.... Just stop teasing and gimme

I think they got as far as they could with the figure and just had to settle on just getting it out there. I have no doubt that Thanos will have a newly developed body with all clothing, boots and armor as separate pieces. Just like ALL of Hot Toys other figures. The one-piece leg and armor joints we're seeing now is what Hot Toys had to do in order to make the show deadline. All this fussing is for naught, people. Thanos has never been done in this scale or at this level of quality before. Hot Toys will give us the best product possible when this goes to production. Have faith mortals, or bathe the stairways in your blood.

I want mine like this, hope the shoulder pieces move down enough.

View attachment 153847

That's the imposing Thanos look I want, a clean looking costume with enough bulk. And the right colour balance between blue and gold

I want mine like this, hope the shoulder pieces move down enough.

View attachment 153847

That's the imposing Thanos look I want, a clean looking costume with enough bulk. And the right colour balance between blue and gold

I hope you guys don't wind up getting an expensive version of this. :lol

Thanos BAF-1-620x.jpg

Back