1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
random good idea, i think......

anyone have the coo models 1/6 death/grim reaper figure to pose next to this as comic style death? :lecture

I had some problems with the Mad Titan and definitily dont like the Light Up feature of the Throne! Anyways here is my GERMAN Review of the Bad Guy! Enjoy :D

Tempted to get him, but i think i will wait 2 more releases on him to decide which one to get, this one doesn't have the The Infinity Gauntlet , and i will take a guess that the version that does come with the The Infinity Gauntlet will not come with a chair , just to pricey to buy 2 or 3 versions of him

After several months of thinking about this guy and watching reviews,
this Thanos has too many thing holding him back for me to blow $400 on him.

- Crappy overall articulation
- Bad looking elbow joints
- Feet cannot sit flush on rock when sitting
- No Infinity Gauntlet
- Horrible light-up function on base
- Base battery compartment panels fall of easily
- No a/c adapter for base

Just overall a way overpriced figure, IMO. Doesn't look like he will ever hit the bargain bin,
so I will definitely hold out for an Infinity Wars Thanos.

- No Infinity Gauntlet

Just overall a way overpriced figure, IMO. Doesn't look like he will ever hit the bargain bin,

All Hot Toys are overpriced.

- No Infinity Gauntlet

If the base is built properly, the feet will sit flush. And the articulation is to be expected for such a big, bulky figure. All of your other concerns are pretty valid, however. Plus, there's no smiling sculpt.

If it's still available at that time, I'd just wait for the inevitable sale at Popcultcha.

I like him. :dunno

IMG_20160225_210823.jpg

If the base is built properly, the feet will sit flush. And the articulation is to be expected for such a big, bulky figure. All of your other concerns are pretty valid, however. Plus, there's no smiling sculpt.

If it's still available at that time, I'd just wait for the inevitable sale at Popcultcha.

He doesnt smile. He grins. Lol jk buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome picture! Nice work getting his feet flush on the foot rest --from what I had heard it wasn't possible. Does his back touch the back of the throne in that pose?

The top of his back touchs the throne. But I'm not using the Hot Toys acrylic poles to make the throne floats. I've cutted some old vacuum cleaner poles to use, since the acrylic ones would make the figure too high for my display.
Since I did this way, I gave more space to his legs, so his feet could reach the ground in the right way.

I really want Thanos to complete my Guardians HT set but damn he's expensive. Like others have said I think I'll wait until they make a version of him that includes a wearable Infinity Gauntlet.

I grabbed him at C2E2 this year for like $300. I was going to wait for an Infinity Gauntlet but the price was good so why not. The base does suck with all the switches hidden but how often do you guys leave the lights on?

I think the figure looks great, but I personally don't want to spend the money to get a throne that isn't built properly and that I have no interest in the first place. Plus, I would also prefer he have the gauntlet as well. He's just naked without it! :lol

Back