1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get some funds back but no way is it smart investing. I have friend on fb constantly selling these much below what they retailed for and think some get into hobby then decide its not 4 them and end up selling everything. I only buy and rarely ever sell i dont care if get every penny back or ever do i collect to have til im dead then whoever can deal with my collection.

I wouldn't want an extra of every figure, most don't warrant it for me and the ones that do are usually very special to me. Like you its an old habit from my early days of collecting 12" G.I. Joe figures in the 90's, back then they were around 12-20 dollars a figure, very manageable, not so much these days:lol

You still plan on collecting HTs here and there, Skull? Or have you shifted your collecting attention exclusively to Joes?

Yeah, same. If space and money were no issue, having the MISB 'just in case' figure would be great (as mentioned, more appropriate for Hasbro/McFarlane/etc., than HT). :lol

Hope no-one misreads my comments here as they're not meant as a slam on anyone (aside from inspecting, I'm keeping my figures boxed-up for that perfect future display area, also). My two cents was strictly that if you have the space to display, like the figure but plan to sell down the road, then display now as IMO it can't maintain its $500 retail price on the secondary once the coveted Infinity Gauntlet version hits. Life's short, so enjoy the damn thing if you have the space for it and worry about re-sale later!

No problem, Sol, not a slam at all. :duff

You can get some funds back but no way is it smart investing. I have friend on fb constantly selling these much below what they retailed for and think some get into hobby then decide its not 4 them and end up selling everything. I only buy and rarely ever sell i dont care if get every penny back or ever do i collect to have til im dead then whoever can deal with my collection.

With prices and the number of collectors nowadays, I don't know if anyone should view HTs as an investment anymore.

Better look at Avengers Thanos, glad they decided to change it now, he looked good from the little we saw but GOTG design is definitely more imposing as Thanos should be, although the original helmet is better imo. Nice to finally see the full practical suit for Avengers Thanos tho.
ThanosAvengers2.jpg
ThanosAvengers.jpg

Last edited:
I always assumed he was CGI in that scene... Huh.

I prefer the Brolin Thanos.

he was originally portrayed by Damion Poitier in Avengers with a full costume, throne and asteroid set. The throne was cool too, almost like a modern version of his comic throne but it didn't fly but was instead moulded into the asteroid.

a-than7-web.jpg

Yeah, I knew about Damion Poitier but thought he was mo-capped. I do agree the throne and his general domain looked cooler. Maybe they'll go back to that look in the future.

You still plan on collecting HTs here and there, Skull? Or have you shifted your collecting attention exclusively to Joes?

I would never count myself out completely, I am currently of the mind to continue collecting the Jumbo Joes as well as the mondo Turtles, I just currently have no interest in anything Hot Toys are making at the moment. If they were to announce a Rambo, Conan or finally put up a PO on Ripley I would bite, also would likely get any Spiderman Releases that may come up.

I'm content with my current Hot Toys Collection, Getting Matrix(Commando) as my last figure from them was sweet, something I have wanted for what seems like forever. Keeping up with the marvel and starwars lines don't appeal to me right now, to much to fast and I'm burnt out on it, Prices are also pretty unappealing with figures averaging 200-500 a pop.

The Jumbo figures are a refreshing change of pace that hit my nostalgia button in a way the fancy figures never did, so I can stay connected to the hobby without the giant price tag and still enjoy it just as much or more.

Good to hear it, buddy! :duff I was thinking this morning about all of the HT product coming in the next year or so, how to pay for all of it and how much space I'd need to store it. The hard math doesn't look so good. :lol

Nice pics of the GotG figures. It's cool to see that with enough effort, the feet can be made to look flat and natural but those shoulder joints. :ohbfrank: :slap

Having more limited spending money than others, I have to pick and choose what I get. As of right now my list includes AoU Thor, Vision, WM Mk1, Thanos and I'm thinking of flex ordering the Gordon set. Not counting the figures that haven't been revealed yet... Spidey, Black Panther, Batman and Superman, etc.

It's a good thing I can spread it all out.

Having more limited spending money than others, I have to pick and choose what I get. As of right now my list includes AoU Thor, Vision, WM Mk1, Thanos and I'm thinking of flex ordering the Gordon set. Not counting the figures that haven't been revealed yet... Spidey, Black Panther, Batman and Superman, etc.

It's a good thing I can spread it all out.

Haha I like that five figures is limited spending :nana:

Just noticed on this concept art that theres some sort of detail were the elbow joint is, there's also some minor paint inaccuracies on the
figure but that could be changes from this to screen model. Love that armour look tho and concept head design.
Misc (13).jpg

Back