1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still undecided between this or mark 42, I wish this came with the battle damage pieces instead of the fancy base. I really like the color scheme of this compared to the 42 but the lack of accessories puts me off. decisions decisions :gah:

still undecided between this or mark 42, I wish this came with the battle damage pieces instead of the fancy base. I really like the color scheme of this compared to the 42 but the lack of accessories puts me off. decisions decisions :gah:

It's nice that the Mark 42 has the battle damaged pieces, but there isn't any damage or weathering on the lower half of the figure unless you're willing to paint/mod it. So the top looks completely battered while the bottom looks pristine, and that display would bother me to no end (even though I like the 42's color scheme more). At least the Mark 43 has consistent weathering over the whole figure. And I'd take a half-damaged Ultron over half a set of battle damaged armor pieces, but that's my own preference.

It's nice that the Mark 42 has the battle damaged pieces, but there isn't any damage or weathering on the lower half of the figure unless you're willing to paint/mod it. So the top looks completely battered while the bottom looks pristine, and that display would bother me to no end (even though I like the 42's color scheme more). At least the Mark 43 has consistent weathering over the whole figure. And I'd take a half-damaged Ultron over half a set of battle damaged armor pieces, but that's my own preference.

very true :duff The base is good enough for me too.

oh I was just going to change it today.... I think I will keep it a while longer now :lol :duff

Newbie question on sig...I tried to update mine with a link to a GIF, but it's not showing up when I save it. Do I need to be a premium user? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread to ask this question btw.

That's the potential peril with this and the Diecast MKIII. Is it worth it to get both when there's a decent chance that HT will double dip with BD versions of both.

Back