1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an easy fix to me...but I would use a two-part epoxy cause it's a little more reversible. If you use superglue, do it with a light hand.

Good point. The only thing I worry about that is having to apply to both sides. Under that gold shoulder plate is pretty tight so I don't know how well I could get glue in there.

Use a 30 minute epoxy. After it's mixed, put a touch on each part and put the parts together till the epoxy cures. The problem with superglue is, you don't have any time to work with it, which is not the case with epoxy. If you use a 5 minute epoxy, it may generate too much heat for the plastic parts...the longer curing time epoxy you use the less heat it generates. With a 30 minute epoxy you have 30 minutes to work with it so you can take your time to do a proper job; just don't use too much cause it can get everywhere and into places you don't want.

14.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

Use a 30 minute epoxy. After it's mixed, put a touch on each part and put the parts together till the epoxy cures. The problem with superglue is, you don't have any time to work with it, which is not the case with epoxy. If you use a 5 minute epoxy, it may generate too much heat for the plastic parts...the longer curing time epoxy you use the less heat it generates. With a 30 minute epoxy you have 30 minutes to work with it so you can take your time to do a proper job; just don't use too much cause it can get everywhere and into places you don't want.

I'm new to figures or any hobby needing epoxy so I appreciate the advice. I'll give that a try and I'm pretty confident it will work out.

Thanks again.

How long does it usually take for the wait list period to end on Sideshow? I didn't join the wait list for the EX until May 21. I've assumed it won't convert, but thought I would know by now.

Back