1/6 Hot Toys - MMS273 - Iron Man 2: Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking figure overall. Not sure if I want a second Tony seeing as I already have The Mechanic version.

I don't think the price is really that bad. I mean if you realistically know what Hot Toys is charging for figures it's pretty much in line with their average. Actually it's even a bit less considering its from one of their biggest selling lines and comes with a new head sculpt and a fair amount of accessories.

I think the price would have been fair if it included the table. :slap I'm kinda upset that I'll have to pay $30 extra for one on eBay.

:gah: I keep changing my mind about getting this head. I have the workshop IM3 head and the Mk IV head both in use on Tony bodies. I think this new head would pair better with the Mk IV (due to the hair mainly) in my IM2 setups. But then I'd have a spare head with no space for another Tony body.

First world problems suck.

Some awesome photos of this guy! Glad i'm picking him up. I thought the sculpt at first was a rehash but now looking at the photos and Xeno's review. Best RDJ Likeness to date. I'm very glad. Will need to pick up another table and some tools plus a wrench to recreate the scene. :clap

Some awesome photos of this guy! Glad i'm picking him up. I thought the sculpt at first was a rehash but now looking at the photos and Xeno's review. Best RDJ Likeness to date. I'm very glad. Will need to pick up another table and some tools plus a wrench to recreate the scene. :clap

I'll wait for a discounted price..... I think this should have come with a table and wrench already.....

I'll wait for a discounted price..... I think this should have come with a table and wrench already.....

I do agree but I'm a sucker for Tony Stark and anything workshop related plus I like to go the extra mile on my stuff so I'm good with it.

I do agree but I'm a sucker for Tony Stark and anything workshop related plus I like to go the extra mile on my stuff so I'm good with it.

oh don't get me wrong its a decent set... but it seems to me what I'd be paying for is the small accessories and the headsculpt at $200. The body and clothes seem very low end

Still wish they just offered the accessories. Going to have to track them down separately or wait til this goes up for a crazy discount.

Seems certain they will re-use this new head in further armoured figure or accessory sets. Might be better to wait and see what comes out.

They will likely use it as the master for the helmeted head on the Mk III.

Never bought a bootleg before. Do you think the pics on OSK are of the bootleg or the HT original (I guess the original)?

Probably the original, but the bootlegs are the same sculpt, just painted by different people.
The factories that make them for HT send HT the unpainted ones and HT paint them in house, and the fatories also sell a mountain of unpainted sculpts to the supposed bootleggers.
HT don't care because they are selling a superior end product. But the bootleggers have to get their own people to paint them. That's generally why paintjobs can vary from seller to seller.

Back