1/6 Hot Toys - MMS245 - Captain America: TWS - Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up. I originally passed on this version and was planning on getting the civil war version. I spent weeks looking at pics and watching videos and decided that I liked the way this one looked better. I'm definitely happy with my decision.

Just picked this up. I originally passed on this version and was planning on getting the civil war version. I spent weeks looking at pics and watching videos and decided that I liked the way this one looked better. I'm definitely happy with my decision.

I agree. I like the tactical camo look on this figure much more than the Civil War costume.

I agree. I like the tactical camo look on this figure much more than the Civil War costume.

I prefer this look from his first appearance, but i can't imagine a military uniform where they would let his arms be exposed, lol.
It looked like a sunny day above Theodore Roosevelt island in the movie, but the speeds he was movie at in his flying rig would have chilled him to the bone.
I love the look, and i do have this figure. But i always thought he should have had a jacket on.

vV5IznF.jpg

It's funny you mention the jacket, I remember the first trailers and production photos seeing Falcon with a jacket on. That's the look I was expecting when I went to the theater. I can almost swear they filmed the movie with a jacket on him in the final sequence, then removed it digitally or changed their mind in post production. Here's a pic I found online of a green screeen shot, and a short gif animation of the trailer with him wearing the jacket.

https://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/05/falcon3.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BL5FGhzcsA8/UuFMdulGUeI/AAAAAAACaBE/vt2ikrE7714/s1600/capanime1.gif

It's funny you mention the jacket, I remember the first trailers and production photos seeing Falcon with a jacket on. That's the look I was expecting when I went to the theater. I can almost swear they filmed the movie with a jacket on him in the final sequence, then removed it digitally or changed their mind in post production. Here's a pic I found online of a green screeen shot, and a short gif animation of the trailer with him wearing the jacket.

https://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/05/falcon3.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BL5FGhzcsA8/UuFMdulGUeI/AAAAAAACaBE/vt2ikrE7714/s1600/capanime1.gif

Yeah. I far prefer that jacket look.
I have TWS Falcon and love it, but also like the look with a full camo costume on.
I bought several sets of his costume when he got parted out so i could recreate the military look he would have had with his partner when they were flying missions.

C2038394-5D48-4B26-ABE4-607DAAB19156.jpg

F4EF1600-72EA-490C-8260-B2BA99250360.jpg

F547ECDD-4ECC-46DC-A0FA-4FBB43DEFE17.jpg

00595085-757D-4662-A408-36A72CAF2BDC.jpg

wow, so I wonder how much they reshot, and how much they just replaced digitally?

I know they shot or reshot at least some with the costume as it appears on the final film...
the-falcon.jpg

Better late than never! Srsly Dr. Strange had come in (awesome fig) and *other stuff* but getting into the game late re collecting - anyway, I NEEDED TWS Falcon. Part of my *holy trio* of 2 of my favorite all-time films? And knowing *soon* there will be nothing but excitement (and bills) for upcoming figs?

I thought. I bought. Very happy:cool:. Love this fig and glad to finally add him to the shelf. A few quibbles (like I wish the wings arched all the way up but I own CW Falcon so the difference is nice) and not sure the light added anything to this fig:dunno - but, whatever. I like the stand design.

No matter what IW brings, TWS introduced this awesome character:love. It's even cooler finally having scored a copy of the "rare" Marvel art TWS book (really brings home the staggering work that goes into these films - stuff I never thought about:horror). I really like the book talking about the influence of sails/sail design in the wing designs and the use of translucent material + military influence.

LOL wish I could say I am done with TWS but now I am thinking I need a Nick Fury.:monkey3

Falcon_WS1.jpg

Falcon_WS2.jpg

I see the CW costume as a quintessential Falcon, but this military look is really awesome.

Anybody selling? :)

I see the CW costume as a quintessential Falcon, but this military look is really awesome.

Anybody selling? :)

R u looking for. a deal? BBTS still has him retail. Own both and think both are great figs . Wouldn't mind another TWS Falcon but have other figs to pay on.

I was just looking at my shelves and while I really like this version I may sell him off.

Had a quick Idea to try this with the extra concept shield after watching EG. I know it’s just the triangle version and not the round one, but I like how it matches just from a color point. Not the best pics, just some quick cell shots.
43683BA6-92DE-40E2-9D79-E868BA73B082.jpg
2C74DB9F-5C21-4E5D-8580-B038C846FC66.jpg
FFCC5B07-1846-402B-86EF-B99402133373.jpg
8DE88032-C817-4B93-93CF-A1FECA7896C4.jpg

So I guess this figure is still holding up pretty well? I never had much interest in a Falcon before, but after watching TWS for the umpteenth time I finally decided I need to have one. :D And this outfit seems a bit more distinctive to me than his CW one which is a little too "generic superhero" for my taste.

Also, has anyone ever put together a custom of his first appearance outfit? For some reason I actually thought that was his most badass look in the movie, as it's nothing but him, some goggles, and the harness, and is also what he wears during the highway battle. Or is the body not quite buff enough to pull that look off?

fz-24871_r_custom-cafbcc8e3c1a14b7e94048038435a08a9b62cfb5-s800-c85.jpg

I had this figure at one point, but sold him when I sold the majority of my TWS collection. The fatigues were cool and helped give him a unique look indeed as opposed to having a superhero outfit. Though based on how my MCU display has evolved, the superhero look would probably fit better in my collection if I were to get another Falcon.

Back