1/6 Hot Toys - MMS245 - Captain America: TWS - Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took off the goggles on my figure and noticed it left a mark on the bridge of it's nose.

Anyone else have this problem?

It does say about the issue in the instructions unfortunately.
Just last week i was searching for Falcon heads and they seemed to be everywhere for $40, but they are back up to $60 and above now...
I bought a few spares when i got my Falcon to do customs, but i jumped on them when they were $50 or so.

It does say about the issue in the instructions unfortunately.
Just last week i was searching for Falcon heads and they seemed to be everywhere for $40, but they are back up to $60 and above now...
I bought a few spares when i got my Falcon to do customs, but i jumped on them when they were $50 or so.

Thanks for the info. I should really start looking the instructions. I was thinking about getting a spare as well.

BTW...It didn't leave a smudge. What it did was leave an imprint on the nose.

Hmm, I've always just had my Falcon's goggles raised up so that way the sculpt is visible, never actually wearing them over his eyes. Wonder if the smudging applies to this position as well?

It can smudge anywhere on the head. And indent anywhere. It's all the same paint and material so it al reacts the exact same way

It can smudge anywhere on the head. And indent anywhere. It's all the same paint and material so it al reacts the exact same way

I agree, and these are tight fitting goggles. I had mine up high on his forehead because the goggles seemed too tight to slide down over the eyes (I thoguhtcould have pushed them along, but they would scrape paint off as they went down) so I've just removed them off the head entirely now.

I agree, and these are tight fitting goggles. I had mine up high on his forehead because the goggles seemed too tight to slide down over the eyes (I thoguhtcould have pushed them along, but they would scrape paint off as they went down) so I've just removed them off the head entirely now.

This is also part of the reason why I have mine high up on his forehead also. They seemed very tight sliding down his face to get over the eyes and I didn't want to risk scraping any of the paint.

Thanks for the info. I should really start looking the instructions. I was thinking about getting a spare as well.

BTW...It didn't leave a smudge. What it did was leave an imprint on the nose.
Well perhaps the best thing to do is to take off the head and sit it on top of a warm radiator(Perhaps on a piece of folded tissue). Perhaps a little bit of heat will allow the dimple to slowly pop out on it's own.

Hmm, I've always just had my Falcon's goggles raised up so that way the sculpt is visible, never actually wearing them over his eyes. Wonder if the smudging applies to this position as well?

Take them off and have a look.

I wish HT would just include a second sculpt with these accessories or helmets already on. If they have to include a warning about them, just sculpt the part on an alternate head. Might raise the cost a bit but it'd be worth it to me. For example, Loki's helmet feels fragile, I hate touching it. A sculpted on helmet would be a better solution, IMO.

I wish HT would just include a second sculpt with these accessories or helmets already on. If they have to include a warning about them, just sculpt the part on an alternate head. Might raise the cost a bit but it'd be worth it to me. For example, Loki's helmet feels fragile, I hate touching it. A sculpted on helmet would be a better solution, IMO.

Just check out sculpted on helmets to see the paintwork at the merge points always suffers.
It's better being separate.

Just check out sculpted on helmets to see the paintwork at the merge points always suffers.
It's better being separate.
Fair enough, perhaps what they did for Cap would work for future Loki or Thor figures if they happen to include helmets. Separate pieces but glued on, with a non-helmeted sculpt included.

:exactly: :goodpost: Completely agree. I'd be happy paying a bit more for that too. Avengers Loki is a prime example - I've left the helmet off mine (which is a crying shame), as I'm too afraid of breaking it. :(

:exactly: :goodpost: Completely agree. I'd be happy paying a bit more for that too. Avengers Loki is a prime example - I've left the helmet off mine (which is a crying shame), as I'm too afraid of breaking it. :(

I agree as well. Sucks to have it come with a warning especially for collectors like me who want to display him with the goggles most of the time.

I worry about the Arnie Commando figure as well. That warning I knew about ahead of time.

I agree as well. Sucks to have it come with a warning especially for collectors like me who want to display him with the goggles most of the time.

I worry about the Arnie Commando figure as well. That warning I knew about ahead of time.

Yep, that is annoying - especially as I think he looks better with them on!! I checked my Falcon figure yesterday...no marks thankfully! It's the same with the Mandarin and his glasses - I've now removed them too - read some posts in that figure thread that they can mark the figure too!

I sprayed the inside of the goggle with testors dullcoat and have never had a problem. I have never not displayed my falcon without his goggle and he's doing great. I did the same thing with my Hulk around his waist to keep the black from rubbing off on him. Still looks great.

AFM

Yeah, it is a little funny that displaying select figures with vital pieces of their outfit come with certain caveats. Paint smudging, fading, flaking, etc. As one mentioned though, I suppose a way to circumvent it would be to simply buy an additional sculpt to keep pristine.

Back