1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Since when does Hot Toys charge for domestic shipping? And I have have over $50 in points. Can I use them on this guy since they now charge for shipping? Aside from the Predators I'm done buying Hot Toys. Hulk was my last non-predator purchase.

EDIT: OK, apparently you can use your points on new pre-orders now! That's a huge relief as I could never use them on new pre-orders before and I never cared to use my points on anything else. I just saved $57 on this guy :) $212.99 sounds much better.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Since when does Hot Toys charge for domestic shipping? And I have have over $50 in points. Can I use them on this guy since they now charge for shipping? Aside from the Predators I'm done buying Hot Toys. Hulk was my last non-predator purchase.

Yep. Since they didn't give free shipping on this, you can use your points without penalty.

So why doesn't this one have the correct shoulder cannon?

So why doesn't this one have the correct shoulder cannon?

I forgot how Scar came packaged but can't you just not connect the shoulder cannon if you want screen accuracy?

Well, the price of Celtic is making me debate just buying Scar. And it's not a 20 dollar difference when scar has free shipping and celtic doesn't.
Well hot toys is a business I guess.

Nicer base, 2 extra blade attachments, +1 extra bio mask... that's easily justifiable for the price increase compared to Scar.

I'd be cool with that too except it's $260 and shipping is no longer free. And the larger package will increase that cost. I'd estimate $275 or $280 total, which is a TON for what is essentially a standard 1/6 release. DX Bruce Lee came with way more than that, still looks amazing, and went for $200 back in the day.

Lowest price I've seen on this is at CSC, $245 plus shipping. That puts it around Sideshow's price, only with the shipping cost included. In other words, what Sideshow should've done.

i saw they have a flat rate shipping on ssc shipping for me was $10

My wife said that when I quit smoking I could buy A Predator with the money I save. She didn't realize an actual predator can run with a high price tag... so I'm taking advantage of it by getting multiple predators for the price I would be spending on cigarettes and without saving for a while to spend a few grand on a life sized.:yess:

My wife said that when I quit smoking I could buy A Predator with the money I save. She didn't realize an actual predator can run with a high price tag... so I'm taking advantage of it by getting multiple predators for the price I would be spending on cigarettes and without saving for a while to spend a few grand on a life sized.:yess:

Haha love it.

:lol My girl said she would buy me one Hot Toy a year for the next 3 years if I quit. **** its tough but honestly Im getting pretty tired of smoking and with her incentive I really should squash the habit. Plus an extra $80-$100 a month in the pocket wouldnt hurt. Problem is it would probably got towards more figures:lol:rolleyes2 Also whats up fellow Nebraskan? Dont see too many around here.

I'd be cool with that too except it's $260 and shipping is no longer free. And the larger package will increase that cost. I'd estimate $275 or $280 total, which is a TON for what is essentially a standard 1/6 release. DX Bruce Lee came with way more than that, still looks amazing, and went for $200 back in the day.

Lowest price I've seen on this is at CSC, $245 plus shipping. That puts it around Sideshow's price, only with the shipping cost included. In other words, what Sideshow should've done.

I take it you're still buying him though?

Planning on order this pretty soon. Don't know if I want to use my reward points or not. The figure looks great and want this for my collection, but just don't like the NRD and high price. Decisions, decisions...

I take it you're still buying him though?

I'm *****ing about the price but I'll still get it :slap

Also nice avatar and sig, that's the undisputed Predator King :devil

Celtic was one of my favorites during the old days of Hot Toys, but this price is rather disappointing. Makes me worry about how much they'll charge for the Predator 2 Elder 2.0 if they eventually make him.

Celtic was one of my favorites during the old days of Hot Toys, but this price is rather disappointing. Makes me worry about how much they'll charge for the Predator 2 Elder 2.0 if they eventually make him.

It's a guaranteed price increase of around $30 each year (every release) with the Preds.:gah:

Price increase is a bit of a bummer but it was expected. Hot Toys really need to hit the brakes with these damn price rises or risk losing the regular collectors. :mad:

@P. your info on Celtic's name was a genuine LOL from me. Being from Scotland that info you found was classic. :clap

He is starting to pop up on some UK based websites. £180 seems to be the going rate.

Back