1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Did anyone have troubles with the hands being changed out. I got it but I thought it was way to difficult

Yeah, they're (new avp 2.0) are all like that. I had to widen the holes in the arms (with Dremel tool) for to pegs to even go in. Tip of advice is to remove the blades first otherwise you'll keep stabbing yourself due to the amount of force needed to change the hands!

Every time trying to interchange hands was like :horse

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Excellent pic Zuckuss77.:clap
May I ask where you got that 1/6 Alien background from because I want one to fit in a future detolf shelf- or is it a custom?

Excellent pic Zuckuss77.:clap
May I ask where you got that 1/6 Alien background from because I want one to fit in a future detolf shelf- or is it a custom?

All custom work, I can't mold the background it's huge. I may make props for dio people to custom but you have to be a custom guy. This is a slow process hit me back in the future.
Thanks for the comment

Yeah, they're (new avp 2.0) are all like that. I had to widen the holes in the arms (with Dremel tool) for to pegs to even go in. Tip of advice is to remove the blades first otherwise you'll keep stabbing yourself due to the amount of force needed to change the hands!

Every time trying to interchange hands was like :horse

Something that has worked for me is to take one of the spare hand pegs provided and push that into the 'new' hand first, and pull it out again, before putting the hand on the peg in the arm. That lets me break in the peg hole where I have more solid leverage to apply pressure away from all the stabby and potentially breakable bits.

Custom is my middle name.:wink1:

Then u would be in heaven with all the parts I am making. My goal is to give dio's for fans of aliens and predators, parts of though. There too large for molding walls and big pieces. To all interested I am making a page in the custom too all interested.

Also looking forward to new re-releases of the AVP Ancients, Wolf, Lost Predator 2 with Borg bio:pray:, Wasp Predator and maybe they may even do Big Red Samurai Predator.

But we'll have to wait this year...... unknowingly for P1, AVP Elder and Chopper dates.

so whilst HT are supposed to be busying themselves with new Preds (for us Pred fans) instead we get this:

:thwak

:computer

:horse

:toilet_cl

:slap

The Custom Banshee has a nice ring to it. :lol You working on anything at the moment?

I completed my AVP Ancient Barbarian Warrior Pred a few pages back on this thread which is for sale.

and this is one I'm currently working on.... just awaiting Celtic so i can interchange chest armour etc.

You asked for it....:)

I no longer have the base though as it was sold off with this set recently:

Okay now this makes more sense, I saw your work a couples weeks ago. Keep it up, looks good. Are you into stands for the most part?

Okay now this makes more sense, I saw your work a couples weeks ago. Keep it up, looks good. Are you into stands for the most part?

Yeah but now I tend to concentrate on slightly smaller custom stands or bases since they do take a significant amount of space on shelf but it does add that realms to it overall. I used to make a lot of the animal skin trophy displays before for custom orders every now and then. I might do one for my custom.

Just reordered another Celtic since sideshow sent me another scar,so if anyone is looking for scar hit me up..I already have 2 and don't need a third .

Yeah but now I tend to concentrate on slightly smaller custom stands or bases since they do take a significant amount of space on shelf but it does add that realms to it overall. I used to make a lot of the animal skin trophy displays before for custom orders every now and then. I might do one for my custom.
I kind of stopped making profit pieces . If u start making figure drop backs and dio's it's very rewarding. Space is a problem but I refuse to stop learning

Only difference is that this time my animal skin display will not be made of real animal leather skin but animal fur skin to add even more texture and probably some of these bombs about to go off, including custom trophy made from scratch, the possibilities are endless! It's like a drug that one has no control over. :dance

Sorry didn't mean to derail this thread in any way but just to keep everyone excited.

I really love the HT Preds, I had Classic but sold him off after completing him with a P1 makeover but I just found him somehow weird, I don't know if it was his body or what but once I modded his head and face sculpt correct paint app, he really looked good.

It was the only custom I kind of regretted selling.

Check this out:

Back