1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

For example the graphics in comics during the 90s were much better than in the 60s, but people want the originals. They will always remain more rare and valuable. I think this stands in every realm of collecting.. That's just my opinion:dunno

That's largely a quantity thing and doesn't have anything to do with age. The 90s were flooded with comics and variants and all sorts of stuff. It will be a very very long time before they're ever worth anything since there's so many of them and so many of them were well preserved due to the collector mentality of that time period. The overprinting of comics and the bubble collector market nearly killed the industry.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

That's largely a quantity thing and doesn't have anything to do with age. The 90s were flooded with comics and variants and all sorts of stuff. It will be a very very long time before they're ever worth anything since there's so many of them and so many of them were well preserved due to the collector mentality of that time period. The overprinting of comics and the bubble collector market nearly killed the industry.

Yea that's very true. I just don't get why everyone is selling off there old predators because the new ones look better. In the future when hot toys is out of business or just don't make predators anymore , I would think people would rather have the original releases . there are a few reasons like less released and the fact they were in kits you put together yourself. Also because the boxes are way cooler. Ext. Idk maybe I'm wrong. I myself will probably keep the old one and get the new ones...

I wouldn't sell them off but that's just because I don't ever sell anything. I'd probably give them to a friend if I had them.

I just don't get why everyone is selling off there old predators because the new ones look better.
Theres no way the older figures will be worth more than the new ones are with time. These are not variants, they are replacements to the originals. Everything is better, likeness, materials, accessories and these even have lights and in some cases a diorama stand.

I understand you may have a fondness for the originals but i think the majority of people have the right idea with selling them of to impatient people who cannot wait for the new releases to get the best money they can before their original AVPS are worth a fraction of what they were. Why would people pay 2x the price for an older inferior product than you can for a newer superior?

I wouldn't sell them off but that's just because I don't ever sell anything. I'd probably give them to a friend if I had them.

I sell my old "loose" stuff to make money for new HT figures. Only way I can justify these prices. That is why I have to be selective. My wife would not be too happy if I spend " house money" on figures with two young kids. I think it is working out pretty well so far.

Yea that's very true. I just don't get why everyone is selling off there old predators because the new ones look better. In the future when hot toys is out of business or just don't make predators anymore , I would think people would rather have the original releases . there are a few reasons like less released and the fact they were in kits you put together yourself. Also because the boxes are way cooler. Ext. Idk maybe I'm wrong. I myself will probably keep the old one and get the new ones...

Pretty sure no one is going to pay more for original release. There is nothing classic or nostalgic about them.

why does the alien head have predator green glowing fluid instead of yellow acid?

Grid got teabagged with Predator 'fluid' when Celtic let out a huge roar.

Theres no way the older figures will be worth more than the new ones are with time. These are not variants, they are replacements to the originals. Everything is better, likeness, materials, accessories and these even have lights and in some cases a diorama stand.

I understand you may have a fondness for the originals but i think the majority of people have the right idea with selling them of to impatient people who cannot wait for the new releases to get the best money they can before their original AVPS are worth a fraction of what they were. Why would people pay 2x the price for an older inferior product than you can for a newer superior?

Meh.. Only time will tell.. I doubt if hot toys will remake everything. Like maybe the ancients ( at least not both). I would be very surprised if they did.

This will be a Long wait for this Awesome Figure:( Hopefully Chopper is not too far behind. Cant wait to Have the Trio in full Display :D

Last edited:

here is my chopper Mask for the Scar Predator 2.0 Head
So now you have the TRIO in your collection .
If they use the same head for Celtic that will be killer :=)
chopperpredator20scarhead_zps21c1883a.jpg
ChopperPredator20_zpsa60871ea.jpg
ChopperPredatorHotToysScarPredatorHead20_zps51a40c1e.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134992

I dont remember chopper ever making a kill in AVP...

Not on screen but who knows...

Maybe, but he still sucked.

He got killed way to quick, I like to think he would make a good berserker pred with those arm blades taking on many aliens at once if grid hadn't got the drop on him while he was preoccupied.

I havnt looked at this in awhile and I just saw that it celtic is gonna come with the scratched bio and a sick dio base of what should have happened in the movie. Hot toys just got me excited for this line again.

How much do you guys want to bet that the new Chopper will still come with a brown mask?

RIP Chopper..........I'm still getting the 2.0 figure if it becomes available:D Chopper would've done some major damage with those Blades!!

Back