1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting Toys for 30 plus years now. I've been working & selling at shows for over 20+ years.
If you are so deadset believing Sideshow would waste such valuable space at this show to show all these items that are Not coming out then you might as well believe Everything else that was displayed there is not coming out either.

That was a rhetorical question.... That’s why I’m so surprised. I know you’ve been around here for a very long time so you can’t possibly think SSCs has even definitive knowledge of what HTs will or won’t release :ohbfrank: SSCs showcased the ‘66 Batmobile for two years straight and if you asked them today is it still coming out, they’d give you the same answer they said about Hella. Wanna know how I know? Cause I asked them at SDCC this year! :horror

And that’s the point. They have no f|_|cking clue how, what and when HTs and HC plan on releasing any of these items. They even displayed Yellow Jacket for two SDCCs straight and that has yet to find a PO or release date...maybe when AM & The Wasp comes out :huh Point being, SSCs don’t know and I wouldn’t expect anyone as long in the tooth in this hobby of ours to give anything they say about HTs any credence At All...

That was a rhetorical question.... That’s why I’m so surprised. I know you’ve been around here for a very long time so you can’t possibly think SSCs has even definitive knowledge of what HTs will or won’t release :ohbfrank: SSCs showcased the ‘66 Batmobile for two years straight and if you asked them today is it still coming out, they’d give you the same answer they said about Hella. Wanna know how I know? Cause I asked them at SDCC this year! :horror

And that’s the point. They have no f|_|cking clue how, what and when HTs and HC plan on releasing any of these items. They even displayed Yellow Jacket for two SDCCs straight and that has yet to find a PO or release date...maybe when AM & The Wasp comes out :huh Point being, SSCs don’t know and I wouldn’t expect anyone as long in the tooth in this hobby of ours to give anything they say about HTs any credence At All...

You're stating the 66 Batman stuff that didn't come out. I Love that Line and want the remaining Figures from that line to come out as much as anybody. But there is a huge difference between that Batman line and a Brand New Marvel Movie that they are expecting Huge things from. Even Ant-Man is considered small in terms of the Marvel franchise which is why Yellowjacket most likely will never see the light of day. Thor with Hulk in it they are expecting Numbers that Iron Man and Cap brought in.
The guy I spoke too I can't remember his name but he is someone that is also in some of the past videos on their site. He wasn't talking just to blow smoke up my butt when I asked him about Hela & Hulk. I went into detail about other statues that hadn't come out yet and in particular I spoke in detail about the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader. He didn't just go Should be coming out soon. He went into detail about all the issues with that line, the selling numbers, the repeated retooling of the figure, how it's still possible it can come out but wouldn't count on it and so on. When I asked about Hela & Hulk he straight out said No Definite Date yet but should be soon. There was no reason to doubt what he said on this when he told me yes, likely or not likely on the other piece's I asked about.

You're stating the 66 Batman stuff that didn't come out. I Love that Line and want the remaining Figures from that line to come out as much as anybody. But there is a huge difference between that Batman line and a Brand New Marvel Movie that they are expecting Huge things from. Even Ant-Man is considered small in terms of the Marvel franchise which is why Yellowjacket most likely will never see the light of day. Thor with Hulk in it they are expecting Numbers that Iron Man and Cap brought in.
The guy I spoke too I can't remember his name but he is someone that is also in some of the past videos on their site. He wasn't talking just to blow smoke up my butt when I asked him about Hela & Hulk. I went into detail about other statues that hadn't come out yet and in particular I spoke in detail about the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader. He didn't just go Should be coming out soon. He went into detail about all the issues with that line, the selling numbers, the repeated retooling of the figure, how it's still possible it can come out but wouldn't count on it and so on. When I asked about Hela & Hulk he straight out said No Definite Date yet but should be soon. There was no reason to doubt what he said on this when he told me yes, likely or not likely on the other piece's I asked about.

Dude. Of course an employee of Sideshow would know more about the 1/6 McQuarrie Vader. Theyre the ones who are making it...

HT figures on the other hand, how the hell would an American employee from an American company know anything about a Hong Kong company's products rollout? That information is pretty much internal to HT. Once HT knows, everyone else will know.

Your logic is non-sensical.

SSC has no clue what HT's plans are, they just merely distribute what HT decides to come out with (as I'm certain most everyone knows). Just because something is shown on display at a convention doesn't invariably mean it's going to make it to the production floor. There have been countless examples of this. Like Lee mentioned, Howard himself has confirmed that there will be no BvS Batmobile nor a '66 Batmobile, yet they're still shown on SSC as "coming soon". Regardless of what line it's from, the point is that not everything that is shown makes it to production, regardless of how popular the franchise is. Star Wars is arguably HT's biggest license, and how long has that Royal Guard been teased and shown at conventions with no PO in sight?

If they (SSC) truly didn't want to blow smoke up your caboose, they would simply say that they have no idea what HT's plans are as far as any particular item goes.

If I were to take a guess, you probably spoke to Kevin:
FB059118-BD3F-4E78-8F6D-87D92447E61C.jpg
He’s the friggin nicest guy SSCs has on their staff. Very informative, helpful and courteous and doesn’t mind chopping it up with the fans at all. BUT, he will tell you they are caught off guard as much as the fans when it comes to HTs. As SilverStar stated, they are a distributor of HTs product. They have no clue if HTs will cancel an item or follow through with it.

Not sure I agree about your assessment of the Thor franchise...if I’m not mistaken, it has been Marvel Studio’s lowest producers. I agree that the hype is high for this last (maybe) Thor movie but that still isn’t a sure fire confirmation that HTs will produce the obvious figures...particularly the villains.

I definitely hope they make her and Valkyrie and any friggin ‘66 Batman stuff they have the cahonas to produce. I just don’t think just because SSCs displayed the figures at the cons means anything regarding PO or release dates.

And Kevin would be a treasure trove of info on any SSCs product as he’s the costume designer. Just about anything they produce having cut & sew is going to come across his desk.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm wrong. Hot Toys says Absolutely NOTHING to Sideshow at all. No one there at Sideshow knows anything. Hot Toys just say's here show All these Figures at New York Comic Con, I don't care if you need space for your own merchandise. You just show what we say and Sideshow just say's Yes Sir. Nothing further needs to be said. I think you people think way too little of Sideshow. Hot Toys needs Sideshow way more than Sideshow needs Hot Toys. If anything Hot Toys would need to explain to Sideshow why they should display their Figures especially if they're not even gonna be released.

I know you’re being facetious, but that’s probably not too far from how it goes. Hot Toys is a big seller for SSCs. In fact, their product drives a crap ton of traffic to their booth.

I’m not saying they don’t talk, but SSCs has ZERO say in what HTs decides to produce, when it’s released or even IF it’s released at all. They are just a distributor. They just sell the product to the North American market. Other than quantities they want to buy/distribute and mark ups on price points, they likely don’t have a dog in the fight.

Not trying to be confrontational Bro, just informative. Next time you see those guys in the booth, ask them similar questions about the unreleased HTs figures like you asked about the McQ Vader and see what they come back with. You’ll know then what we are talking about.

Ok. I'm wrong. Hot Toys says Absolutely NOTHING to Sideshow at all. No one there at Sideshow knows anything. Hot Toys just say's here show All these Figures at New York Comic Con, I don't care if you need space for your own merchandise. You just show what we say and Sideshow just say's Yes Sir. Nothing further needs to be said.

Yes, that's for the most part correct. HT comes to a final decision about its products and then informs SSC afterward. SSC is not involved in the decision making process with HT. So if HT doesn't know, then SSC certainly doesn't know. Even if HT knows what it has planned, SSC wouldn't be privy of it if HT hasn't officially announced anything yet.

Hot Toys needs Sideshow way more than Sideshow needs Hot Toys.

Like Lee said, HT is a big seller for SSC and drives a lot of traffic to their booths and contributes to a large chunk of the company's sales. However, SSC is the largest and widest distributor for HT and a lot of their sales come via SSC. So if anything, it's more sort of a symbiotic relationship to be more accurate. They both make money off of each other.

She was great!
Calling her best villain in the MCU would probably come down to personal preference, she's a damn powerful one tho.
Nice! That gives me hope. :) Would be a shame if they wasted Cate. I'll have to wait till the 31st till I see the movie but if she's as good as you guys make it sound, HT better not cancel her.

Hela is so sexy and dangerous in the movie, really show us how great Cate Blanchett acting skill is

also if her figure was announced to be produced, I'm hoping HT will also added her long hair version hs

So...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

After seeing the movie I'm really interested in the figure of her, but I do hope they make an antlerless sculpt as well! :rock :rock

Big call, lol.. but I did love her character though. I can see the "marvel villains suck" chants coming though because.

Spoiler Spoiler:
, but it's fair to say she's the most powerful one on one villain to date, ignoring the last stage of Dr Strange of course, and like most, I do like Cate.. but for me I like her hair look when she arrives, not the deer antler helmet thing she has going on.

Big call, lol.. but I did love her character though. I can see the "marvel villains suck" chants coming though because.

Spoiler Spoiler:
, but it's fair to say she's the most powerful one on one villain to date, ignoring the last stage of Dr Strange of course, and like most, I do like Cate.. but for me I like her hair look when she arrives, not the deer antler helmet thing she has going on.

I disagree. I loooooved the antler helmet. It gives her an extremely unique look. I also love her without it too of course... but I’d pose her full antler!

Without the antlers shes not Hela visually. I liked her without them but a figure without them makes no sense.

Back