1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to those that like the pose. I saw a similar pose somewhere a while back and decided to try something similar.

Here's a picture of the shelf and how much space it takes up.

View attachment 261806

I'd like to add to the damage report. One of the boot spikes came off of my Boba Fett and I didn't even know it until much later. It was easy to put back on, but watch out for those.

Nice! The pit takes up less space than I would have thought.

Exactly right. Don't quite understand why there is a difference either.

Seems a lot of ROTJ products use the touring suit for reference (the reason the 1/6 HT codpiece is not at all accurate to the movie but close to the touring suit one) so the suit is always made a very light grey. If you actually look at the screen captures where the suit is not in overexposed sunlight (where the color can be judged better) as it is most of the time it is a bit more bluish, as seen in this capture, though not as much as the ESB suit.

What's also funny in this pic that most people miss is you can see Fett's jetpack is destroyed before Han even touches it!

Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-088_zps12fdfhhc.png

Also, not sure where HT got the glove color - all the ref pics I've seen they are grey, not that slightly greenish tan.

glove%20ref_zpsqgziu04b.png

All that being said, the HT overall looks way closer to correct ROTJ in terms of colors then the SSC Fett does to ESB.

Seems a lot of ROTJ products use the touring suit for reference (the reason the 1/6 HT codpiece is not at all accurate to the movie but close to the touring suit one) so the suit is always made a very light grey. If you actually look at the screen captures where the suit is not in overexposed sunlight (where the color can be judged better) as it is most of the time it is a bit more bluish, as seen in this capture, though not as much as the ESB suit.

What's also funny in this pic that most people miss is you can see Fett's jetpack is destroyed before Han even touches it!

Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-088_zps12fdfhhc.png

Also, not sure where HT got the glove color - all the ref pics I've seen they are grey, not that slightly greenish tan.

glove%20ref_zpsqgziu04b.png

All that being said, the HT overall looks way closer to correct ROTJ in terms of colors then the SSC Fett does to ESB.

Jesus, Bane, you've got a GREAT eye.

Yes, the touring suits (there are several) are what the figures are based on, more or less. One important thing to keep in mind, though, are filters. That's the whole reason for where the Han Solo Hoth coat controversy comes from.

The gloves should have a bluish tint to the underglove, not greenish. You really nailed it on the flight suit, though. All of the fabric (gloves, flight suit, vest) was dyed blue, very quickly. That's why you can see remnants of the original white suit under the thigh pocket flaps on the RotJ suit.

There's just so many variations between the movies and the six (or more) full suits that were created.

On the bright side, this figure really is the best thing to ever be released at this scale. Kudos to the homie that posted up the Toy Anxiety part out (I'll name check him in my next post). I've ordered another body, vest and flight suit. Lots of great things to come.

But seriously, TaliBane, great research.

P4309286_zps2lb3h6nh.jpg

In the middle of final exams, here, so forgive the solitary (and mediocre at that) photograph.

How do you get the codpiece off? It seems attached pretty snugly to me, like I would have to break the glue to get it off

Yeah that was where I got to as well. I just broke the glue on one side. There's a little silver bit that popped out and when put back in holds it all together. I might glue it back together at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks better! man , hot toys likes those fat suits for some reason. the chest looks more natural :hi5:

Thanks! Yeah it makes his posture much more natural. It's surprising how much bulk that fat suit adds. I have no idea why hot toys uses them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else think his thighs are too big and not proportion to the rest of the body. I can feel some added pads around his thighs but none below his knees.

very interesting picture. Somehow I think the body proportions look better on Sideshow proto Fett.

Having Jango there, helps to understand:
maybe somebody at Hot Toys thought that Boba should have the same body as Jango Fett, Boba being an unaltered clone of him, et al.

That may explain for the more strong build they are releasing this Fett with.

However, we OT lovers, will want to do at least what Rubio did:
remove the fat suit, and even modify or use a skinnier body.

Rubio, you are getting very close to the real thing.
The result, in my opinion is not only more faithful, but also more menacing and subtle.

IMG_0561.JPG

Back