1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lopie, the belts on your HT Boba look perfectly futzed. :clap Did you remove the fat suit?
No I just glued the plates to the suit, my chest armor were off centered. And yes there was some futzing going on.

What ESB Fett is that? It's not Sideshow's, or at least not entirely. Is it a custom mash up?
I did a lot of mods to the SS ESB including repainting the armor and switching out the body to a HT Slim, but other than that it's all SS stuff. The proto Fett, and the Jango got the same treatment.
Jango mods include: striped the original color from the flight suit and redyed it, re-positioned the chest armor, extended the neck joint.

Here is a before and after mod, the neck area is corrected.

7e22d456ce270cd6df1f93938a20d8bf.jpg

Last edited:
No I just glued the plates to the suit, my chest armor were off centered. And yes there was some futzing going on

All of the ht chest armors are off center. It was the first thing i noticed when i unboxed him, i even took pictures that I was going to send to ssc. However, after looking at all of the pictures here, & reviews online I noticed they are all like that..It bugs me but not bad enough to risk tearing something trying to fix. I tried futzing the bottom & top left plates-slightly missalligned on most of them which is why the lower mid plate touches the bottom left when there should be a viable gap-to the proper position but it didnt work, cloth just moved right back.

Last edited:
No I just glued the plates to the suit, my chest armor were off centered. And yes there was some futzing going on.

I did a lot of mods to the SS ESB including repainting the armor and switching out the body to a HT Slim, but other than that it's all SS stuff. The proto Fett, and the Jango got the same treatment.
Jango mods include: striped the original color from the flight suit and redyed it, re-positioned the chest armor, extended the neck joint.

Here is a before and after mod, the neck area is corrected.

View attachment 261937

Do you have any instructions for these mods posted anywhere? I'm not after a 100 percent accurate look but do like to have appealing looking figures

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got it on Thursday.
Is the gun supposed to have that split in the bottom of the handle?

Attachments

• IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    676.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 423
Jesus, Bane, you've got a GREAT eye.

Yes, the touring suits (there are several) are what the figures are based on, more or less. One important thing to keep in mind, though, are filters. That's the whole reason for where the Han Solo Hoth coat controversy comes from.

The gloves should have a bluish tint to the underglove, not greenish. You really nailed it on the flight suit, though. All of the fabric (gloves, flight suit, vest) was dyed blue, very quickly. That's why you can see remnants of the original white suit under the thigh pocket flaps on the RotJ suit.

There's just so many variations between the movies and the six (or more) full suits that were created.

On the bright side, this figure really is the best thing to ever be released at this scale. Kudos to the homie that posted up the Toy Anxiety part out (I'll name check him in my next post). I've ordered another body, vest and flight suit. Lots of great things to come.

But seriously, TaliBane, great research.

Since I started a pretty much scratch-built 1/6 ESB Fett, I started to know a lot more. And since I decided to convert my Marmit to a ROTJ Fett, I studied up on that outfit too. It's kind of fun studying SW characters - if you look close enough, you make discoveries even people at Lucasfilm, HT and SSC don't know.:lol

What height is HT ROTJ Fett? Does the slightly shortened neck make him a little shorter overall?

I'm having a lot of fun with this figure. I hate to say it, but he's so much more fun than the 1/4 scale.

Disrobed, removed the padded suit, shaved down the latissimus dorsi, redressed.

018.jpg

026.jpg

038.jpg

080.jpg

086.jpg

105.jpg

Wow, he looks way better without that fat suit. Removing a fat suit is a must.

I wonder if it's easy to do, or if there are any tricky things when disrobing?

Trickiest thing for me was the cod piece but still not too bad. Removal of the fat suit is must. It makes no sense that it even has one to begin with.

HOW DOES THAT FAT SUIT COME OFF! I would like to know. Please. Thank you. :wave
Just strip the figure. Everything comes off easy enough. For the cod piece I gently pried at the seam on the side with a mini screw driver to break the glue seal. Once broken I zapped the side with a hair dryer. The silver bit on the side also keeps the the ends connected. Heating it up will allow you to push the end of the Silver connector through (the part that's against the waist). Not a great photo as I'm using a cell phone but taking the fat suit off makes a difference.
uploadfromtaptalk1462131019062.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

First and foremost, thank you, Spark Extractor, for the heads-up on the Toy Anxiety part-out. I've ordered another body, flight suit and armor vest for other Fett projects.

Second, thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments (no rep points? - I just love getting those :)).

And thirdly, though it's been explained pretty well, the padded suit is not difficult to remove. I did the same with the 1/4 scale. Unfortunately, the cod piece must be 'broken' in order to remove it, meaning that the thin glue seal must be cracked. I haven't re-glued mine, because I have many other mods in mind. The only other modification I made to mine was to cut down the latissimus dorsi, which is the fancy term for the 'side abs just below the uderarms.' The underlying body is simply fantastic (VASTLY superior to the 1/4 scale 'standard' body), skinny and wiry, but I cut down that section just so the arms could pull a bit closer to the sides when at full resting position. I don't think it's a necessary mod to anyone but the SuperFett nerd!

As far as the neck goes, I simply pulled the helmet up so that it's just BARELY snug in the socket. The more of his collar you can see, the better. I especially love that Hot Toys sewed the collar unevenly (just like the screen-used suit!).

I may have been a little 'meh' upon receiving the figure, but after posing and photographing him, I am truly in love, warts and all. There is just NO SUBSTITUTE for the TrueType bodies. I still firmly hold to all of my gripes, but I'd be lying if I said that this isn't the finest overall package ever made available.

Anyways, again, thanks to everyone who has complimented my mods/photos, but there's just very little that needs to be done here.

005.jpg

Nice pics and mods rubio.

This or Leia, can't decide, it's driving me crazy :horror. Getting both is not an option, gotta "try" to stay disciplined in this hobby.

Nice pic jerker, definitely see the classic relaxed pose there.

and nice pic as well rubio.............conveys a giddiness to fett like he is skipping along happy as can be just waiting to blast someone.........:lol

Nice pics and mods rubio.

This or Leia, can't decide, it's driving me crazy :horror. Getting both is not an option, gotta "try" to stay disciplined in this hobby.

As a stand alone piece, I'd say this. But if you have anyone to display her with, then Leia.

Back