1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would Hot Toys release a TLJ update so soon after this release which so far the only difference is a brown glove? Or are they more likely to preview the brown outfit Luke with staff?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'll milk him like IM, Bats and Joker for TLJ. One will come with his staff thingy, brown robes and robotic hand, another will probably come with the gloved hand that has his lightsaber with the replacement arm to light it up, and another with bloody, slashed Luke after Rey and Kylo team up to try and kill him.

I'm picking up a bit of Proximo from Gladiator but it seems close enough.
043f1c09a00302831623700eaf759b4c.jpg

3c06bad7f91511a7b67321704947e3ab.jpg

Personally I see quite a bit of Hamill in the sculpt, particularly around the eyes and mouth, it's just entirely too gaunt, which throws things off a bit.

I have no problem seeing Hamill in the sculpt, I just don't fully see Episode VII Luke.

I have no problem seeing Hamill in the sculpt, I just don't fully see Episode VII Luke.

No, I agree, as I said he looks way too gaunt compared to how Luke/Hamill looked at the end of the film.

Personally I'm waiting to see a) how Luke actually looks in episode 8, and b) whether Last Jedi brings us a better looking outfit option to hold out for. I do want an old Luke for my collection, I'm just not yet convinced that this one will end up being the best option. I'm on the wait and see bus right now.

I think the main thing throwing it off is the hair as others have mentioned. Since it was wind blown during the scene we saw him and this is more normal. It's probably harder to make a great figure out of a split second scene too. There wasn't a lot to base his likeness on given that he's barely seen in the film. I still want it because at this point I have Luke represented from each film he's been in so it's hard to pass on.

Forehead is also to pronounced with hairline a bit too high. Globally, face is a bit too skinny as well. As always, lense distortion doesn't help in those pics. We'll have to see him in hand before final judgement.

I think the main thing throwing it off is the hair as others have mentioned. Since it was wind blown during the scene we saw him and this is more normal. It's probably harder to make a great figure out of a split second scene too. There wasn't a lot to base his likeness on given that he's barely seen in the film. I still want it because at this point I have Luke represented from each film he's been in so it's hard to pass on.

My sentiments as well. I still want him though also because I got ROV Rey specifically to pair with him.

I'll probably get another Luke anyway from Episode IX.

Is there a 3rd party lightsaber that can go well with this guy?
Or what spare Hot Toys saber could be used if any at all; even though it doesn't have light up feature.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Is there a 3rd party lightsaber that can go well with this guy?
Or what spare Hot Toys saber could be used if any at all; even though it doesn't have light up feature.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I would imagine any of his/Anakin's parted out lightsabers that come with either DX07 Bespin Luke, ANH Luke, Scavenger Rey, or Finn. There's definitely no shortage of that particular saber. Or you can wait for the release of RotJ Luke and pick up his green saber parted out.

Have this ordered but I'm a bit disappointed they didn't manage to improve the sculpt. The sculpt has always looked far too defined. Hamill even young had pretty soft features, and with weight and age that has not changed. This guy looks like he works out daily and like he's about to shoot lasers out of his eyes.

As others have mentioned, the cheekbones and brow are too defined, the head maybe a bit too vertical, the forehead a bit too square, but really they also just didn't really capture Hamill's eyes very well. This to me is better than ANH Kenobi for sure, as I see some Hamill, but it's just nowhere in the league of TFA Han or some of Hot Toys' other great sculpts. Here's hoping they take another crack for the next Old Luke release.

I would wait for the next more complete version but in my opinion this is the costume that must be displayed with TFA Han.

I'll be surprised if Hot Toys announces any figures with a human likeness for Force Friday, besides maybe Kylo. They'll probably wait til December to start revealing them like they've done the last two years.

He probably won't be up for Force Friday but I bet he'll be one of the first pre-orders from The Last Jedi when the movie hits theaters given that his role is bigger this time around.

Back